Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Hmmm... Have you not seen all of SCOTUS's refusal to hear citizens' cases due to 'supposed' lack of standing? (
i have seen it.

.... and i've seen birthers drop the ball and appeal to the SCOTUS the one case that had a chance of being heard ( ankeny v daniels ).

..... and i've seen judges explain to orly taitz and gary kreep what exactly would be needed to satisfy standing ( barnett/keyes v obama )

..... and just this morning i saw orly jump back on the "standing fail" train.

Atty. Orly Taitz to Represent Three Presidential Candidates in Challenging Obama’s Eligibility| The Post & Email

she's representing a "presidential candidate", which would give her standing but........ the candidate is trying to get on the democratic ticket. if the DNC says "no go" ( which they have ) then. imo, she has no direct standing to challenge obama's eligibility since she's not a candidate on the ballot.

so i ask again, why haven't you sought out a competent constitutional attorney? why have you left it in the comically incompetent hands of orly taitz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 11:16 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
.... and maybe slapped some duct tape on the loose tiles.
i saw "apollo 13"........ there's a lot to be said for duct tape's contribution to space exploration.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,580,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Obama could be excluded from the 2012 ballot....

Supreme Court Rules Obama Ineligible!*|*Front Porch Politics (http://www.frontporchpolitics.com/2011/12/supreme-court-rules-obama-ineligible/ - broken link)
In reality what difference does it make who is president Dem. or REP. you or most of the 80% of the Americans still working, will still keep working your but off paying taxes and if you are lucky enough to save a little "YOUR" government ( who ever it maybe) will find a way to steal it back from you ,knowing Americans will keep tring to catch that so called brass ring to the top, even though history has shown only the government officals will ever make it there . Some one has to push the bus that the rich ride in for free, and sad to say it is us. Americans go to the store to buy milk , Government officials only squeeze a little harder.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
AND the U.K.
The Constitution is explicit. It tells us what a citizen (and what a president) must be. There is no corollary set of criteria for what a President cannot be. Since he was born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, he qualifies.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This thread is yet ANOTHER example of the complete meltdown of the Republicans. Their candidates are dropping like flies. They have carnival barkers advising their "best and brightest" and moderating debates (aka Celebrity Apprentice the Political Edition). They are still running around with the "birther" nonsense....yep, looks like President Obama has job security and won't be leaving the White House until Jan 20, 2017!!
Tried to rep you but I couldn't, so I'll have to settle for giving you a couple of these instead:

Old 12-07-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you really think there will be an election in 2016 if he even allows one to take place in 2012? You seem to be thinking way too far into the future for anything like that happening.
So now President Obama is not going to allow an election to take place in 2012? And maybe not 2016? How about after that?

And how is he going to stop these elections from taking place?

Stupidity? Delusion? Mental illness? Orly Taitz Syndrome? I can't decide which of these would have someone continuing to believe this CRAP.

I can't believe this thread has gone on for 32 pages (I just started reading it and I'm still trying to catch up).

Old 12-07-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post

There is not a single current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor who agrees with your interpretation of the natural born citizen clause. There have been former presidents, vice presidents, major party nominees and candidates who have had at least one non-citizen parent, and none had their eligibility for office seriously questioned on that basis.
You know, I often wonder if it all boils down to President Obama's name. It is, after all, so foreign, especially his middle name, which many associate with terrorists. And which many on the right try to insert every time they mention President Obama by name.

I wonder if his name had been more American - something like, oh, Herman Cain - if there would have been all this whacky, totally ridiculous speculation and flat out accusations about our President.

And the people who know better (presumably) and really only hate him because he's a Democrat, like Rush and the other idiots on Fox Boobs, know there are gullible idiots out there that will suck all this stupidity up like a sponge and who don't even realize they're being manipulated.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:13 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
And yet here you are spewing your completely unsubstantiated opinion, offering NO primary hstorical sources whatsoever to document your 'position.'

Intellectually vapid? Look in the mirror.
My position is that the birthers clearly have an axe to grind and that their positions are at odds with those of constitutional scholars. Rather than take 4 or 5 years to attain what I would consider sufficient knowledge and training of constitutional law, I have instead decided to trust the experts over a bunch of hacks whom are clearly biased. In fact, the head of the RNC agrees with my position.

Remember this conversation over the holidays when your family and friends all remind each other before you walk in the room to avoid talking politics around you. Try it, watch them politely excuse themselves or start other conversations etc. They love ya but you are a nut job they just can't stand you at times.

Signed,
Mr. Intellectually Vapid

Old 12-07-2011, 02:16 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You know, I often wonder if it all boils down to President Obama's name. It is, after all, so foreign, especially his middle name, which many associate with terrorists. And which many on the right try to insert every time they mention President Obama by name.

I wonder if his name had been more American - something like, oh, Herman Cain - if there would have been all this whacky, totally ridiculous speculation and flat out accusations about our President.

And the people who know better (presumably) and really only hate him because he's a Democrat, like Rush and the other idiots on Fox Boobs, know there are gullible idiots out there that will suck all this stupidity up like a sponge and who don't even realize they're being manipulated.
If you were old enough to remember the visceral hatred of Bill Clinton or non-partisan enough to remember claims of George Bush blowing up levees you'd have never written that.

It's also important to note that a few % of americans have actual mental illnesses like early onset dementia as well as substance abuse issues, schizophrenia and so forth.....and they have access to computers.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Why is anyone arguing this? It's been discussed endlessly and those who still don't get it are clueless and defiant for a reason. They can not be taught, they can not be convinced - regardless of the evidence you present.

You see, they think they are smarter than everybody else - regardless of the entity's or person's qualifications, merit, or endorsement. They are the only ones who have not been brainwashed.

One simply can not argue with these people. It is pointless and leads to absolutely nothing. It's akin to trying to convince the Pope that there is no god - it can't be done.

Unless you are arguing with this type of person purely for entertainment, you are wasting your time and effort.
This is so true.

(I've made it to page 21! Whew! Only 11 more to go - unless, there are more added before I get there. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies