Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America be better or worse when whites become a minority?
Better 33 19.64%
Worse 135 80.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:11 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Ever look up the most dangerous cities in the USA? Sadly, most of them have a dominant African American population. Facts cannot be denied. Now imagine if this group became the majority.
So here's a secret: when you predominantly think of underprivileged African Americans today, that picture is a product not just of ethnicity but also socioeconomic status. In other words, poor white people can be pretty violent and unpleasant as well - but you probably don't see them in such concentrations. So when various ethnic groups rise up the socioeconomic ladder, they generally stop being the way you predominantly think of them today "in the ghettos".

It ultimately becomes a debate of which comes first: the chicken or the egg? Do you believe that African Americans are innately - i.e., genetically - incapable en masse of exhibiting the characteristics you associate with people who are capable of operating in higher socioeconomic levels? Or do you believe that their general socioeconomic status significantly informs the characteristics you currently see in them, and that it can change with time in any group?

You can guess which side I'm on. And that's why I'm not really worried about the day when whites are no longer a majority in this nation.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:11 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Nine View Post

Will racial tensions ease once whites benevolently hand over power, or will they get worse than they are now?

The day when whites are less than 50% of the US Population, should we celebrate or worry?

Will there be more or less political friction?

Will America's employment, education and crime statistics look better or worse in 2050?

(I left the poll as "private" so certain white Americans do not feel ashamed of voting "Worse" in my poll)
Don't mean to probe or pry...but you worded it wrong...

'white'...what is that? It means nothing...

Culture on the other hand, means everything...

That's easier to understand...

Based on your post...one would presume that 'whites' bring a certain 'culture', 'standard' to society, that many have prospered under...

And it's kind of reflective of the British common law culture before it...

It's under that culture or standard of law, that allows others from around the world to prosper here...

And what your asking is as that 'culture' begins to erode, and say South American culture and values are brought in or middle eastern culture or valures are brought in or African cultures and values are brought in...how will that effect the over all cohesion of American life?

As these people gain office and get elected and begin to effect policy...how will that effect every day life?

Well look or glimpse into the countries they come from...and maybe one could forecast an outcome here based on that...yes...no?....

The question is will these new people coming in retain this sort of generic wasp pop culture, or will they overide that with their own induvisual ethnic interests??

I do know this...the last time I was in the SE...many of the latinos there were very hostile to blacks...

So if that's any indication of what's to come..than...well....

Old 12-09-2011, 01:12 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times
Quote:

Will racial tensions ease once whites benevolently hand over power, or will they get worse than they are now?

The day when whites are less than 50% of the US Population, should we celebrate or worry?

Will there be more or less political friction?

Will America's employment, education and crime statistics look better or worse in 2050?

(I left the poll as "private" so certain white Americans do not feel ashamed of voting "Worse" in my poll)
I don't have the answer to all the questions. All I know is, America would be a lot better off if we had less Teabaggers - who as we all know are overwhelmingly white and Republican.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:12 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
WTF are you trying to do to my head?! Sabowhat? Its definitely time to go to bed before I get myself banned...
Or you could have a beer like I am (off tomorrow so I'm on my 4th) and just enjoy the show and have a laugh or two...

[or 3 or 4 or 5]

Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 AM

12 posts, read 12,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
WTF are you trying to do to my head?! Sabowhat? Its definitely time to go to bed before I get myself banned...
Black leaders are for illegal immigration, if not for any reason other than to further erode the country's traditional white power structure. They made a calculated bet that they would get more spoils in a system that is truly multi-racial, one where whites are a minority, than one where whites are the dominant majority, as is the case now. Hispanics will have no intention of continuing to pay reparations to blacks, they are not guilt-ridden suckers like our current crop of white politicians.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
....except Cloud Nine is completely right....
About what?

[nothing]

Old 12-09-2011, 01:14 AM

12 posts, read 12,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I don't have the answer to all the questions. All I know is, America would be a lot better off if we had less Teabaggers - who as we all know are overwhelmingly white and Republican.
Yea, that sounds like a recipe for success, fewer [white] taxpayers and more mobs of violent "youths" and "teens"...

Old 12-09-2011, 01:16 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times
Quote:
Black leaders are for illegal immigration, if not for any reason other than to further erode the country's traditional white power structure. They made a calculated bet that they would get more spoils in a system that is truly multi-racial, one where whites are a minority, than one where whites are the dominant majority, as is the case now. Hispanics will have no intention of continuing to pay reparations to blacks, they are not guilt-ridden suckers like our current crop of white politicians.

Are you saying that whites currently pay repatriations to blacks? Please explain how, because I've never heard of that.

The mind of a racist puzzles me.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:18 AM

Please...no more...it's true that laughter is the best medicine but I'm going to OD here.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:21 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Many Hispanics and African Americans are also Republican. Many of them also belong to the Tea Party. Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So here's a secret: when you predominantly think of underprivileged African Americans today, that picture is a product not just of ethnicity but also socioeconomic status. In other words, poor white people can be pretty violent and unpleasant as well - but you don't see them in such concentrations. So when various ethnic groups rise up the socioeconomic ladder, they generally stop being the way you predominantly think of them today "in the ghettos".

It ultimately becomes a debate of which comes first: the chicken or the egg? Do you believe that African Americans are innately - i.e., genetically - incapable en masse of exhibiting the characteristics you associate with people who are capable of operating in higher socioeconomic levels? Or do you believe that their general socioeconomic status significantly informs the characteristics you currently see in them, and that it can change with time in any group?
Genetics are not a problem. To me, it is all in the mind. A couple pages back in this thread, someone had stated "Oh the Whites enslave the Hispanics and African Americans."

That is the victim mentality and entitlement mentality the African Americans MUST get over (not just Africans but this is an example). I hear it so much as a resident of Detroit. The Blacks claiming that the White man is holding them back and they were slaves. I understand but YOU PERSONALLY were never a slave. So you have no reason to be upset. The White guy across the street never enslaved you or your family. THIS is the mentality responsible for the reputation and condition of the African American community today.

The African American community lacks unity and leadership. Sorry but Jesse Jackson ain't gonna cut it. The fact that many African American fathers leave their kids behind is not going to cut it. The fact that many young African children grow up seeing the ghetto and do not get a proper education is wrong.

I have faith it can change. No doubt. We need real leaders and people (regardless of race) who believe it can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies