Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America be better or worse when whites become a minority?
Better 33 19.64%
Worse 135 80.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:14 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeafro View Post
Lol some of ya'll are scared as hell and are in deep denial because ya'll know for a FACT that corrupt whites have royally screwed & pissed off the entire world but can't admit it.

I understand there are some extreme comments on this thread coming from the white end towards "minorities" (even though, again, Hispanic isn't a race, but that's the subject of a gazillion threads already).

But your post indicates an interesting position:

ARE "whites" responsible for "royally screwing up the world?" Is this something that minorities believe? If so, is that any better than a white person believing that minorities are responsible for all social ills?

Old 12-09-2011, 07:17 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Whites will not be a minority in 2050.

They will still be a plurality.

And why do we assume everyone is out to get one another? ALL the minorities ganging up against white people? Who truly believes that?

And by the way: As Hispanic numbers grow and become Americanized and intermarry a couple of generations out, maybe Americans who are not Hispanic will realize that not every Hispanic is Mexican, and a white Venezuelan or Cuban isn't necessarily going to "identify first" with a black Dominican or Guatemalan over a white Italian or German guy simply because their ancestors spoke the same language and were conquered by Spain at some point! Similarly, the mixed race Puerto Rican may not run in the same circles as a Uruguyan because they have a similar last name!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:24 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Whites will not be a minority in 2050.

They will still be a plurality.

And why do we assume everyone is out to get one another? ALL the minorities ganging up against white people? Who truly believes that?

And by the way: As Hispanic numbers grow and become Americanized and intermarry a couple of generations out, maybe Americans who are not Hispanic will realize that not every Hispanic is Mexican, and a white Venezuelan or Cuban isn't necessarily going to "identify first" with a black Dominican or Guatemalan over a white Italian or German guy simply because their ancestors spoke the same language and were conquered by Spain at some point!
I am a white male that grew up in a very diverse neighborhood...I spent pretty much all of my formative years in uptown NYC (Washington Heights) which WAS a predominantly Latino neighborhood.

I am married to a Dominican. I have lived through the culture my whole life.

If it came down to it...Latinos will associate with Latinos over all.. period.

In fact, speak to as many black Latinos as you wish... The majority of them would NEVER cede to the notion they are likened to African-Americans more than anything.

Yes, there is a complex within the community.. There is a social stigma with being a light skinned or dark skinned Latino. BUT... black Latinos DO NOT, for the most part, do not consider themselves on equal footing with the African-American struggle. Their struggle is separate.

How many black skinned Latinos do I know that are bigoted towards African-Americans...?? I can go on for days...

Old 12-09-2011, 07:24 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Opportunity or handout? More minorities are on public assistance than whites. So if minorities became the majority, public assistance would soar to incredible levels. Hispanics/blacks make up the majority of the population in American prisons. So if minorities became the majority of the population, crime rates would soar to incredible levels. I live in a very small mountainous town in Montana. Our minority percentage for our town is less than 2%. Crime is almost unheard of with the exception of teenage antics. We have two families, one whose children are black and one family who are hispanic. My children are friends with both. Great people, good friends but they also do not have that "entitlement" attitude. They work hard and are just good people in general. They have blended in without expecting society to conform to their way of life. What's wrong with that? Acceptence without entitlement. I was in Pasco Washington a month ago and felt like I was an alien from outerspace. Was at a gas station and had hispanics learing at me, actually walking around my truck checking it out, saw hispanics using drugs right in front of the store and saw a young hispanic male getting arrested a couple of blocks away. If minorities want to live here, they have to conform, we do not as we already live here. This is our home and they came to our home. Ever notice most of the videos on Youtube of people ranting about what is "owed" to them is from blacks? Really? What do I owe them? Absolutely nothing. I'm trying to provide my children a decent home, a good education and live a good life. The only thing I owe anybody is debt that I personally have brought on myself.
I said educated minorities, you're not speaking on educated minorities. You, like most whites lump all minorities together and fail to notice a difference. You probably feel blacks who have good jobs, got them from affirmative action and no offense but you live in Montana, ALOT on white nationalist live there your culture is very closed. You don't really have a job market there, its mostly rural which means minorities aren't really attracted there as they prefer a city life and a night life.

Your State is mostly conservative and boring, white liberals, gays, blacks, Hispanics aren't thinking of going there at all, you don't even have a Damn professional sports team.

From your perspective, your views are very bias but based on your location its expected.

Once again, what percentage of educated minorities with good jobs commit crimes?

Old 12-09-2011, 07:26 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Nine View Post
Were it not for white subsidies, probably half of black America would be living under African or Haitian conditions. Black net contributors (those who do not receive benefits) are a minority, even the "black middle class" is composed of mostly government workers in redundant or needless positions, "departments" that were opened for the sole purpose of employing "African-Americans", and companies who were forced to hire under-qualified black applicants.

THAT whole racial spoils system is a form of reparations.
Wow. I'm gonna need stats if you actually make it past friday.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:33 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Will America be better or worse when whites are a minority?

I do not think it will really matter, assuming it even comes to pass. Whites might have a renassaince in birth rates.

Assuming things turn out as predicted, it will be so gradual as to be dull and anti-climatic.

It would help if we all stopped making a bid deal out of race. Ultimately, whites, blacks, hispanics, Asians, etc have more in common than not.

We are probably doomed as a nation, but this has nothing to do with it.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Will America be better or worse when whites are a minority?

I do not think it will really matter, assuming it even comes to pass. Whites might have a renassaince in birth rates.

Assuming things turn out as predicted, it will be so gradual as to be dull and anti-climatic.

It would help if we all stopped making a bid deal out of race. Ultimately, whites, blacks, hispanics, Asians, etc have more in common than not.

We are probably doomed as a nation, but this has nothing to do with it.
That doesn't mean people wont point fingers at it and accuse it of bringing about the downfall. Always have to have a scapegoat.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:43 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Always have to have a scapegoat.
Yep, just like blaming whites for all the world's ills eh?

Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
That doesn't mean people wont point fingers at it and accuse it of bringing about the downfall. Always have to have a scapegoat.
Hence my suggestion that we all stop making a big deal out of race.

Downfall? The "downfall" is caused by people like...ME! I have only 1 kid. Its not a dislike of kids, but rather a prudent decision based on economics. The ME of 1962 would have had 3 to 5 kids.

Now if others start making similiar prudent calculations- and that is probably inevitable- then this downfall as you call it may not come to pass.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Hence my suggestion that we all stop making a big deal out of race.

Downfall? The "downfall" is caused by people like...ME! I have only 1 kid. Its not a dislike of kids, but rather a prudent decision based on economics. The ME of 1962 would have had 3 to 5 kids.

Now if others start making similiar prudent calculations- and that is probably inevitable- then this downfall as you call it may not come to pass.
I was only calling it a downfall as you said the nation was doomed regardless. I don't think its white people having less kids its people in middle class and up having less kids that the lower class and thats across the board when it comes to race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies