Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America be better or worse when whites become a minority?
Better 33 19.64%
Worse 135 80.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:06 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That's a good question and let's think about it. Hispanics are the fastest growing minority in the country and are projected to be the new majority.

Hispanics have the highest highschool drop out rate in the country.

Fast Facts

Hispanics have the highest teen birth rate in the country.

Survey delves into high birth rate for young Latinas - CNN

Hispanics have a high rate of incarceration. Right now it's about 2.5 times that of whites and climbimg.

U.S. incarceration rates by race | Prison Policy Initiative

How would having this demographic as a majority make this country better? They claim most of these issues exist because they are a minority but that's nothing but an excuse to cover up for their shortcomings and cultural ignorance. The truth certainly hurts....
Please post the crime stats for educated minorities, compare their incomes with whites and let me know. You can say with less whites, more minorities will get opportunity. That's also a fact.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:08 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
lol racial tensions will explode if Whites became a minority.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:42 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Nine View Post

Will racial tensions ease once whites benevolently hand over power, or will they get worse than they are now?

The day when whites are less than 50% of the US Population, should we celebrate or worry?

Will there be more or less political friction?

Will America's employment, education and crime statistics look better or worse in 2050?

(I left the poll as "private" so certain white Americans do not feel ashamed of voting "Worse" in my poll)
It will only matter to racists, such as yourself.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:48 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Lightbulb Will America be better or worse when whites are a minority?

America will be better when race/ethnicity are NOT the foremost issue in millions of narrow minds.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:02 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
America will be better when race/ethnicity are NOT the foremost issue in millions of narrow minds.
It always will be......

it's not just race... it's culture.

As long as there is this much cultural diversity... there will always be this issue.

Get out of the Utopia in your head.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:03 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
It doesn't matter... the music will stop around 2018 when funding social security will run 3trillion a year.........................

Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Please post the crime stats for educated minorities, compare their incomes with whites and let me know. You can say with less whites, more minorities will get opportunity. That's also a fact.

Opportunity or handout? More minorities are on public assistance than whites. So if minorities became the majority, public assistance would soar to incredible levels. Hispanics/blacks make up the majority of the population in American prisons. So if minorities became the majority of the population, crime rates would soar to incredible levels. I live in a very small mountainous town in Montana. Our minority percentage for our town is less than 2%. Crime is almost unheard of with the exception of teenage antics. We have two families, one whose children are black and one family who are hispanic. My children are friends with both. Great people, good friends but they also do not have that "entitlement" attitude. They work hard and are just good people in general. They have blended in without expecting society to conform to their way of life. What's wrong with that? Acceptence without entitlement. I was in Pasco Washington a month ago and felt like I was an alien from outerspace. Was at a gas station and had hispanics learing at me, actually walking around my truck checking it out, saw hispanics using drugs right in front of the store and saw a young hispanic male getting arrested a couple of blocks away. If minorities want to live here, they have to conform, we do not as we already live here. This is our home and they came to our home. Ever notice most of the videos on Youtube of people ranting about what is "owed" to them is from blacks? Really? What do I owe them? Absolutely nothing. I'm trying to provide my children a decent home, a good education and live a good life. The only thing I owe anybody is debt that I personally have brought on myself.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:10 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
This thread asks an important question: as the demographic makeup of the US changes what effect will that have on the country? It is said that demography is destiny and, in fact, we're seeing that being played out before our eyes.

The Left has pounced upon the growing income inequality and the decline of the middle class as a way to drive a wedge between the haves and the have nots for political advantage. They attribute these negative socioeconomic trends to the concentration of both political and economic power in the hands of a few to the detriment of the many. That's the basic message of OWS. My view is that the root of the problem is less structural than it is demographic.

It is no accident that the growth of the bottom two quintiles of the economic ladder coincides with the explosion of minority populations, particularly the hispanic population. Because those populations are at the bottom of the economic ladder, it stands to reason that more and more wealth will be concentrated in the top three quintiles--which are predominantly white.

Rick Roma cited some statistics relative to the Hispanic population. I believe some are wrong but generally they are right. Right now 72% of blacks are born out of wedlock. It's 57% for Hispanics. So right off the bat those babies are born with one strike against them. It is virtually certain that there will be no social mobility for these disadvantaged children. Add to that the dismal state of education and the high drop out rates for these kids and you have a recipe for multigenerational poverty. Moreover, as we move further and further away from the Industrial Age toward a technology-driven economy it will be increasingly more difficult for these left-behind people to find work that they can perform and that will allow them to move up into the middle class. The days when a person from southern Europe with limited education could come off the boat and begin working in a factory and start moving up the ladder are long gone.

At the other end of the spectrum whites are having fewer babies, thus exacerbating the statistical disparities, not only between ethnic groups, but also between socioeconomic groups. The divide between the haves and have nots is growing wider simply by virtue of demographics. And that spells trouble ahead. As wealth is concentrated in the hands of minority whites who largely will make up the middle and upper classes economically it is not difficult to imagine the building resentment on the part of the majority minority groups who are outside looking in. How that resentment will express itself is difficult to predict but there are enough countries where a two-class society has developed to draw lessons from--before it is too late.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:13 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It always will be......

it's not just race... it's culture.

As long as there is this much cultural diversity... there will always be this issue.

Get out of the Utopia in your head.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:14 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Nine View Post

Will racial tensions ease once whites benevolently hand over power, or will they get worse than they are now?

The day when whites are less than 50% of the US Population, should we celebrate or worry?

Will there be more or less political friction?

Will America's employment, education and crime statistics look better or worse in 2050?

(I left the poll as "private" so certain white Americans do not feel ashamed of voting "Worse" in my poll)
Oh my God. why didn't you put an option "pretty much the same." you also make it sound like a of us minorities are one big unison group.

Also when "white" people lose the majority status, they will still be the biggest minority in the country by far. I hate stupid stuff like this, we are all Americans and we will continue improve this country together.

Oh but racial tensions will get worse as minorities fill in positions of leadership due to sheer numbers. I mean look at this thread and we are about 40 years out. We have one black president, and people keep claiming he's the most racially divisive president ever even though he's done not racially divisive other than take the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies