Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 11:35 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well that is the problem with the family. If a family puts up a stink they can cause trouble no matter who the patient is or what their marriage status is. Go to an attorney and get the right papers. That person can make medical decisions for the patient who they choose to talk for them. Medical Power of Attorney gives the person the power and it can be done easily. The family cannot interfere after that.
But why should they have to? I would not have to jump through such hoops in my heterosexual relationships and having just fought cancer myself, the last thing I would have the energy to do is go through a legal showdown that SHOULD NOT EXIST in a just society.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
1. Promoting love in a world that need so much more *cue 60s pop song*

2. Respecting the types of consensual relationships that make sense their lives. People know better what works in their own lives and what brings them peace and joy than I do.

3. Equal rights, benefits, and responsibilities of these relationships, regardless of faith, gender, or age.

4. Healthy families for children, which includes a supportive society for all families - no matter what they look like - that are committed to raising happy, healthy children. Homosexuals are much more likely to adopt or foster special needs children, who often are left languishing in the system until they age out. All children deserve a home that loves them, and having a relationship with parents - regardless of their gender - is significantly better than being shuffled from temporary foster home to group home to yet another foster home.

Oh, wait. Those are all positive, because there is not one negative thing about including gay families in family values!

There are many straight couples on lists to adopt special needs children. I don't know the stats to who is the higher number on the list so no one knows what number is larger. I do know the Catholic Church has had to close their adotion agencies because gays are forcing them to let them adopt and they cannot go along with that. How many children fall through the cracks after that happened?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:37 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
There are many straight couples on lists to adopt special needs children. I don't know the stats to who is the higher number on the list so no one knows what number is larger. I do know the Catholic Church has had to close their adotion agencies because gays are forcing them to let them adopt and they cannot go along with that. How many children fall through the cracks after that happened?
How is it then that my sister's sister-in-law is adopting through Catholic Charities right now?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:38 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
How are they being forced to allow anyone to adopt? Are they being strong armed into it? Being held up for money? Blackmailed? What proof do you have?

Seems strange that the Church would allow kids to fall through the cracks based over a disagreement.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
But why should they have to? I would not have to jump through such hoops in my heterosexual relationships and having just fought cancer myself, the last thing I would have the energy to do is go through a legal showdown that SHOULD NOT EXIST in a just society.
They DON'T have to if the family agreed. You are talking about individual family problems. You would need to talk to each case on it's own to know the dynamics there. I bet lots of straight couples have family problems as well.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,848,894 times
Quote:
So...it's the gay adoptive parents fault because they want to actually adopt in-need children, not the churches fault for preferring children to remain in the system rather than the let the scary gays get them.

That's like saying cops are at fault if a prostitute gets beat up because they arrested her pimp.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
How are they being forced to allow anyone to adopt? Are they being strong armed into it? Being held up for money? Blackmailed? What proof do you have?

Seems strange that the Church would allow kids to fall through the cracks based over a disagreement.

You know how this goes. The Church was taken to court.

This goes way beyond just a disagreement---this goes into violating ones conscience. People are more and more forced to violate their consciences now and you will see it more in the future. Soon one can be charge with a hate crime for saying gay marriage is wrong. How about that for being taken to court----it is coming and it's coming fast.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:45 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Soon one can be charge with a hate crime for saying gay marriage is wrong.
It happens here on CD forum every day.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:46 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It happens here on CD forum every day.
Jesus doesn't like lying.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
So...it's the gay adoptive parents fault because they want to actually adopt in-need children, not the churches fault for preferring children to remain in the system rather than the let the scary gays get them.

That's like saying cops are at fault if a prostitute gets beat up because they arrested her pimp.
The Church does not want these kids to remain in the system but they have not been given any choice. This isn't a pro-choice issue---their choice has been taken away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies