Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 01:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vruiz516 View Post
mmm Chik-fil-a... sorry what were we talking about again?
You know, I have never had one in my life. I'll wait till everything dies down, and maybe
try one - any suggestions

Old 08-02-2012, 01:33 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Now here's a little something for those who insist that supporting Chik-Fil-A has nothing to do with hating gays.
You can find morons on Twitter, what a skill. I suppose for your next trick you're going to show that you can upload a picture of yourself to Facebook?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:35 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
If logic was a dog, you would have just beaten it into a bloody pulp.
People are insisting that supporting Chik-Fil-A is all about "freedom of speech" and so on, as opposed to outright anti-gay bigotry.

I've provided 50 examples to the contrary.

Now, I realize those 50 tweets may not necessarily reflect the majority, or even a significant minority, of those who went out of their way to buy chicken sandwiches yesterday. But there's plenty of empirical evidence to suggest that homophobic attitudes are indeed found among at least some of the chicken-eaters.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:35 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Yeah, and when it came up for vote regarding interacial marriage, interracial marriage always lost.....that is, until the Supreme Court had to step in and overrule the states' laws. Do you think blacks and whites should still not be able to marry just because the majority of the public voted against it? When you're wrong you're wrong. Majority opinion does not trump the civil rights of citizens in a free country (which is not a theocracy). Mark my words....it won't be much longer before the Supreme Court will again need to step in to ensure equal rights of the minority.
Once again, race and sexual orientation are not the same thing. Stop trying to make a comparison.

The minority already have equal rights.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
So then why are conservative christians so obsessed with banning gay marriage? How is that Christian like?

Ummmmmm??? HELLO????

They are standing up for what they believe in...the Bible.

And I wouldn't say they are obsessed with BANNING something that has only been OKed in certain places. It would be more accurate to say they are simply against it becoming more commonplace.

Quote:
By the way the mayor of Boston isn't gay.
Not that you actually know that for certain...right?

Besides, he and other Mayors that said those things have had to backtrack. That is an abuse of power. It's not up to them. No one ever granted them that power to decide.

They have a right to say they don't agree, but they don't have the power to stop a legal business from opening if the business follows the proper guidelines.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I might want to marry my golf clubs because I spend more time with them than any person or thing.
If your golf clubs are over 18 and can sign a legally binding contract, knock yourself out!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Nobody is denying gays rights. Gays can eat at Chick-fil-A 6 days a week like everyone else can.

Marriage isn't a human "right".

The man voiced his opinion about gay marriage and he's being vilified by homosexuals and their supporters.

The most ridiculous part of it all is that they are taking out their frustrations like 4 year old children by having these passive aggressive manipulative tantrums at FRANCHISED CHICK FIL A RESTAURANTS - instead of taking it to MR. CATHY'S FRONT DOOR.

SO STUPID. SO IRRATIONAL. SO TYPICAL.
Chick-Fil-A is a franchise, which means that Cathy does not own every single store. If he wanted people to go this front door and took responsibility for his words, that would be one thing. But by not specifying that he was only speaking for himself, he by default spoke on behalf of Chick-Fil-A. It should come as no surprise that the backlash is in fact in response to the company then. Not to mention, those millions of dollars that went to anti-gay foundations did not come out of Cathy's pocket. That money is from company profits--so yes, it has to do with the company, not just Cathy.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The 14th amendment says that no citizens rights or privileges can be abridged.

Do you not like the constitution?

Where does it say "no citizens rights or privileges can be abridged?" I've read it and can't find that phrase.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Why do so many dumb threads start with "Why" and then some ridiculous tirade?

Seriously some of you need to go back to school, like 3rd grade, we are not talking College level here.
This is exactly what our public schools are turning out these days.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
This POS is a CFO?

BTW: He isn't 'Gay'!
(He wanted to make That clear after harassing this poor girl)

Adam Smith, CFO of Vante, Bullies Chik-fil-a Clerk - YouTube

The second link is to some comments 'after' the guy pulled the video. Too Late!

Someone was 'quick' enough to capture the video before the @ $ $ pulled it!
(Libs are Always embarrassed 'after' showing their .. uh @ $ $! )
That was hilarious!
He waited forever in line just to to
berate the staff at the drive up?
The chump got his free water
and actually said at the end:
"I feel purposeful."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies