Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
I've been food poisoned one too many times by Chic Fil A to ever eat there again. The last time had me puking for a week and the doctor told me that they're one of the worst fast food chains for food poisoning cases.

That'll make you not eat anywhere no matter what the political views of the company!
And you kept going back ?

I went to Applebee's for the first time and got sick as a dog. Never been back since.
Usually bad first impressions stay with you.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,454 times
The gays are going to have smarten up if they're going to win this war. Forget about the kiss-in and put on some KKK attire, go stand in line and get some chicken.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Did you "choose" to be heterosexual? How old were you when you made this decision, and how did you weigh your options? Did you try out both sexes before you made the decision? What did you base your decision on? Lucky for me, I did not have to choose to be heterosexual. I was born that way. I knew from a young age who I was attracted to and could in no way "choose" to be anything other than what I am. Are you saying that you are sexually attracted to the same sex too, so that you have to actually make a choice between whether you are going to have sex with a male or female? I sure am glad I don't have that problem!

This is simple. For animals, behaviors are inborn and instinctive. For humans, all behavior is chosen. Choices trump preferences.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
Yet again no mention of the man's party affiliation yet righties are trying to tie anything they dislike to the left. This guy is liberal the way cancer, poison, death and foot odor are "liberal"

Old 08-02-2012, 07:58 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I think that government should get out of the marriage business altogether and simply enforce contracts of commitment - with so special benefits attached to them.

Everytime i propose this common sense solution to the conflict the gay marriage supporters dismiss it.

Why? Because they want the "goodies" that you mentioned above.

Why? Because it isn't about "civil rights" - it is about forcing people to accept their immoral chosen lifestyle.
Are you married? Do you have a marriage license? For those of you who are married that don't think the government should be involved in the marriage business.....have you dissolved your legal, governmental, ties? Have you cut the cord with the government, and civilly divorced your spouse? After all, you are still married in god's eyes, right? Hmm, I don't see too many of you doing that. You complain about government involvement but you seem to not want to have to give up the "goodies" that come automatically with marriage. That would mean you would have to work extra hard to try to obtain the over 1400 benefits and protections, on your own. Unfortunately, many of these benefits and protections could never be obtained on your own, without a marriage license.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:58 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Yet again no mention of the man's party affiliation yet righties are trying to tie anything they dislike to the left. This guy is liberal the way cancer, poison, death and foot odor are "liberal"
True, he could have been a lamb in wolfskin. He's teafolk all the way.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:59 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This Jackwagon Feels “Purposeful” While Harrassing Rachel, A Chick-Fil-A Employee | Chicks on the Right

This Jackwagon Feels “Purposeful” While Harrassing Rachel, A Chick-Fil-A Employee

The comments after the article are funny.

Anonymous August 2, 2012 at 9:30 am ·
“I can’t wait for my free water” – I don’t think it gets much more liberal than that.
This a$$hole says "I can't stand hate" while being quite hateful to Rachael who was treating him with respect.

What a hateful person. And what a classy Chic fil A person Rachael is... She deserves a promotion for taking this harassment from such an A$$hole.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Boycotts are stupid. if the product is good i'm buying it. Whether it comes from company with liberal or conservative views i could care less

Agree. Most of these idiots have no idea what a corporation does and who they give money to.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Did you "choose" to be heterosexual? How old were you when you made this decision, and how did you weigh your options? Did you try out both sexes before you made the decision? What did you base your decision on? Lucky for me, I did not have to choose to be heterosexual. I was born that way. I knew from a young age who I was attracted to and could in no way "choose" to be anything other than what I am. Are you saying that you are sexually attracted to the same sex too, so that you have to actually make a choice between whether you are going to have sex with a male or female? I sure am glad I don't have that problem!
I think a lot of people who claim it's a choice are actually latent homosexuals who are not conscious that they are and/or they have a hidden inclination towards homosexuality that they suppress. If they mix latent homosexuality with a church upbringing that teaches it's a sin then fighting their inner homosexual impulses to remain "straight" is all the proof they need that it's a (false) choice. The ones who shout the loudest that it's a choice are all suspect and can't we all think of a few loud anti-gay TV preachers who have all been caught in compromising situations?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 PM

471 posts, read 601,116 times
Question, when will there be a kiss-in at a Muslim owned business? Or protesting a mosque because of Islam's view of homosexuality..................................... ...........crickets................

When will a leftist go up to a Muslim and scream stop the hate?...........................

Could it be Muslims wouldn't stand for that... yes, Christians are easier to pick on for bully leftists.

Last edited by GoldenZephyr; 08-02-2012 at 08:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies