Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:50 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times

Advertisements

Great news!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sorry, but you can't blame this change in the law on liberals. It's good a business position to take. More people ask to have their rooms changed after checking in because the rooms they were assigned smell bad than there are smokers who check in. It also costs the hotels and motels more money to maintain a room where smokers are because they have to dry clean the drapery and bed spreads more often, not to mention they have to paint more often and replace furniture and counter tops with burn marks more often. The hotels and motels can have a smoker's lounge where smokers can go and the management has a chance to sell them snacks and drinks while they smoke and their insurance rates go down. The law is good for their business.
Here's a thought, leave the choice up to the hotel owner, and let them make the decision on whether or not they want to allow smoking or not. Let the people taking on the risk of their decision, benefit from, or suffer the consequences for that decision.

That's the problem with liberal tyrants, they make decisions with zero risk to themselves, but everyone who is affected by their decisions will suffer consequences of the risks involved.

People like 0bama will force new CAFE standards down our throats, forcing all of us to take the increased risk of sitting behind the wheel, driving around in a fragile tin box, a 45 mpg, coffin on wheels. But 0bama will never have to drive one himself.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:53 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
So let me get this right...
Liberals are non-smokers. All smokers are conservatives. My office campus, BTW, is non-smoking campus. Employees and visitors alike are not allowed to smoke anywhere inside. Those who smoke have to walk to the street.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:53 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Good, I wish every state would ban those cancer sticks from the motel rooms. You want to smoke, go outside if its that important to you. I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke. The more indoor areas than ban it, the better.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:57 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,530 times
We should ban booze too. Nothing worse then going out to dinner and hearing some loudmouth drunk yapping away.
And obesity, how the hell am I supposed to enjoy a meal with some overweight slob sitting 2 tables away. I mean ya can hardly eat without wondering if someday you will look like that pathetic pig if ya finish all of ya meal.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
We should ban booze too.
The cons in the society are big on that too. There are plenty of suburbs around Dallas, any of them hardly qualifying as a progressive heaven, that are "dry". In fact, many are "smoke-free" as well by law.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Marriott hotels have been smoke free for years - regardless of the state. As someone who stays in hotel rooms every week, I can attest to the fact that staying in a room adjacent to a smoking room is nearly as bad as staying in a smoking room.

Go outside to smoke.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:04 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,492 times
I'm quite conservative, but pleased to hear this. No need to smell the rank , lingering odor of smoke in public.
It's a foul, disgusting, unhealthy addiction.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sorry, but you can't blame this change in the law on liberals. It's good a business position to take. More people ask to have their rooms changed after checking in because the rooms they were assigned smell bad than there are smokers who check in. It also costs the hotels and motels more money to maintain a room where smokers are because they have to dry clean the drapery and bed spreads more often, not to mention they have to paint more often and replace furniture and counter tops with burn marks more often. The hotels and motels can have a smoker's lounge where smokers can go and the management has a chance to sell them snacks and drinks while they smoke and their insurance rates go down. The law is good for their business.
True. It is disgusting to be given a hotel room where someone has smoked before. If I can't find a non-smoking room in a hotel, I go to a different hotel.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:09 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,474 times
I'm not a smoker but as long as you aren't smoking in my presence I don't care. Does smoke travel from one room to another? Probably. To me this is no different than banning music at ear blasting decibels, and I love loud music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies