Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,342,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There isn't any. The arrogant win yet again with forced tolerance..their version of it.
You don't have to tolerate it. You are perfectly free to stay home where you have no opportunity of encountering a bared breast.

+1 for EmeraldMaiden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

37,159 posts, read 42,306,860 times
Part of living in society is being considerate of other people. It goes both ways. If someone makes an effort to be discrete people need to respect that even if they would prefer the complete absense of said thing. If someone just wants to be in everyones face about stuff with the attitude of "too bad, deal with it" then they will get some grief. It's such a simple concept that nobody seems t get.

3,484 posts, read 2,876,624 times
Quote:
So this "in your face" arrogance is something we all must tolerate ?
How is arrogant to feed my baby in public?

It is arrogant to tell me how to feed my baby. That's MY decision not yours. You have no legal or moral right to tell me to stop, cover up or go somewhere else because it makes you uncomfortable.

Again I reiterate: the law is on my side when I nurse. If you don't like it well good luck changing the law.

This whole notion that you are doing me some sort of favor when you allow me to nurse in a mall or on a park bench is ludicrous.

What exactly are you "tolerating" anyway?

A flash of breast or nipple when you place your eyes where they don't belong in the first place?

Most women are not trying to be in your face when we nurse. We're just trying to feed a baby as we were designed to do. Get over it.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Part of living in society is being considerate of other people. It goes both ways. If someone makes an effort to be discrete people need to respect that even if they would prefer the complete absense of said thing. If someone just wants to be in everyones face about stuff with the attitude of "too bad, deal with it" then they will get some grief. It's such a simple concept that nobody seems t get.
That was the point I was trying to make. I'm not against it, just some of the attitudes about being discrete and planning.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:30 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,624 times
Quote:
There isn't any. The arrogant win yet again with forced tolerance..their version of it.
Then go move somewhere else. Or pull out a book. Or look away.

You know, act like a mature adult not some third grader deciding girls are icky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nursing IS being considerate of other people. Nursing saves people money and makes babies happy. People who think otherwise are not being rational or considerate. Why should I be forced to pay for higher medical costs because some people are uncomfortable being around a nursing woman?

Old 01-02-2012, 01:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Then go move somewhere else. Or pull out a book. Or look away.

You know, act like a mature adult not some third grader deciding girls are icky.

Nursing IS being considerate of other people. Nursing saves people money and makes babies happy. People who think otherwise are not being rational or considerate. Why should I be forced to pay for higher medical costs because some people are uncomfortable being around a nursing woman?
LOL..all some are asking for is discretion and maybe a blanket covering your nursing. No one is asking you to starve your kid at the mall.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:39 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,342,904 times
Quote:
LOL..all some are asking for is discretion and maybe a blanket covering your nursing. No one is asking you to starve your kid at the mall.
As long as you eat with a blanket over your head when you go out. I don't eat meat so it grosses me out to see you gnawing on an animal carcass. You can eat the dead critter on your plate, but with some discretion please.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:25 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,482,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
To imply that Katiana said that is intellectually dishonest.
That was her argument against coming prepared with a bottle.
So, no...it's not.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:32 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,590,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Ah, the arrogance of motherhood - to feed her baby when it's hungry, with the best nutrition available.

Yep, I'm all for it.
The irony is if the mother were collecting food stamps to buy formula, these same posters would be up in arms about that too.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:36 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,301,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The irony is if the mother were collecting food stamps to buy formula, these same posters would be up in arms about that too.
Absolutely! After all, if you aren't PAYING for your baby's food and feeding supplies, you obviously aren't being a good mother. Only an animal lets its young suckle in public, right? Civilized people use bottles, so as not to offend the sensibilities of random strangers in stores or what have you.

Oops. I reckon I'm a little ranty today. Probably should go do something more productive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies