Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 11:57 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
so are you saying if some other person chose to be gay they i and other people did too?
No, I am not saying that.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:07 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Sure it is.

I don't. Where did you get that idea?

I certainly am not!

Not everyone accused of being it is one.

I jump to conclusions? Lol.

It seems as though that is your opinion.
All of this is based off of your previous posts. You say that you do not here, but in other threads what you say does not match.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:18 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,108 times
Quote:
No, I am not saying that.
not to mention the fact that if someone chose to be gay or straight that actually makes them a BISEXUAL, since the only way to choose would be if you felt BOTH WAYS.

there are many people on some threads who say they chose to be straight.. does that mean that in GENERAL being straight is a choice because for some people it was?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,984,906 times
Quote:
not to mention the fact that if someone chose to be gay or straight that actually makes them a BISEXUAL, since the only way to choose would be if you felt BOTH WAYS.

there are many people on some threads who say they chose to be straight.. does that mean that in GENERAL being straight is a choice because for some people it was?
If you're bisexual, you're bisexual. Not gay. Not straight. How could that be any more a choice than either of the other alternatives if they are not choices?

You know what, I think my thinking has been swayed a bit, finally, and I'm gaining an understanding and buying into the theory concerning hormononal levels in the womb and the resulting feminized/masculinized brain development. It makes sense and is a good explanation. That said, if it's completely accurate one's sexuality should be able to be determined by a brain scan, and that's interesting.

I wonder what would happen if a pregnant women took male hormones around the same time it occurs naturally while pregnant with a son. Would she push out Chuck Norris or Sylvester Stallone? LOL

Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
All of this is based off of your previous posts. You say that you do not here, but in other threads what you say does not match.
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:

I don't know and I never did claim to know.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
You contradict yourself.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:18 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes. I read the history on how it was removed from being considered a mental health disorder, have you? Try this:
Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems
LOL! Yes I've been keeping up with NARTH's conservative religious-based anti-gay propaganda nonsense for years.

You obviously don't know who NARTH are.

It's kind of like going to the KKK for information about black people.

Do a little research and you'll see what I mean.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Oh, stop with that silly "B" word. It's way overused.
"Straight, straight, straight." The correct word is "regular" or "heterosexual."
And I don't use the word "gayness," I use the word "homosexuality."

All I said was that the studies and research don't agree 100% on the matter of the causes of homosexuality. I'm not really that concerned what causes it; I'm just grateful that I'm a hetero!
How about you try to come up with a study from a reputable source that says sexual orientation is a choice.

Good luck with that!

Old 01-13-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
I haven't seen any evidence presented suggesting such research has come to the same conclusion.
It helps if you read the posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies