Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 10:01 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
First of all, I suggest you learn the difference between an analogy and a simile, not to mention getting a handle on what an ironic statement is.
Get back to me when you figure all that out.
OK, having analogy; corresponding in some particular
You compared Bigfoot stories to stories of gays not switching away from homosexuality. I don't think it takes much on my part to infer that you are making a comparison between the to or that they correspond in some particular manner.

And you were being ironic? Are you sure?

Nice try but logical thought processes don't seem to be your strong suit.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:54 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
could we have some links from well established medical facilities concluding that one is born as a homosexual???
could we have some that show that someone is born heterosexual?

Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Theres some theory and opinion but thats all it is, there is no evidence because you can't read minds.

Kids are busy playing and having fun, they are not thinking about Homosexuals unless someone or something put it in their head.
My parents never said anything about homosexuality or boys when I was 3. They encouraged me to play sports and play with trucks. I preferred girly things. Hence why they suspected I was gay at 5 and took me to a psychologist.

I wasn't thinking about homosexuals as a kid, but I knew I was "different" and didn't act like your typical boy or have crushes on girls in school.

We don't need to read minds to know people didn't choose something. If I ask you if you like a certain food and you say "Eww, I've never liked that food my entire life. It's disgusting and makes me want to puke", do I need to be able to read your mind to know you've always found that food disgusting and didn't choose to find it gross?

Old 01-13-2012, 11:17 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
could we have some links from well established medical facilities concluding that one is born as a homosexual???
Is the Royal College of Psychiatry sufficient?

Psychiatry and LGB people

It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by genetic factors (Mustanski et al, 2005) and/or the early uterine environment (Blanchard et al. 2006). Sexual orientation is therefore not a choice, though sexual behaviour clearly is.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:24 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
How about you try to come up with a study from a reputable source that says sexual orientation is a choice.

Good luck with that!
First I want to see a study which proves 100% that it is something which everyone is "born" with.

Good luck with that!

Old 01-13-2012, 02:27 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It helps if you read the posts.
I have been reading posts (and links). And I've yet to see concrete facts that one is "born that way."

I'm not saying it's not possible; I'm saying we don't know for sure. Maybe someday we will. But like I said before, I sure am glad I am a hetero!

Old 01-13-2012, 02:29 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,872,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
First I want to see a study which proves 100% that it is something which everyone is "born" with.

Good luck with that!
see the above post.

and

Sexual differentiation of the human bra... [Funct Neurol. 2009 Jan-Mar] - PubMed - NCBI

Old 01-13-2012, 02:30 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,872,606 times
Quote:
I have been reading posts (and links). And I've yet to see concrete facts that one is "born that way."

I'm not saying it's not possible; I'm saying we don't know for sure. Maybe someday we will. But like I said before, I sure am glad I am a hetero!
Why, do you think you're special?

Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,108 times
Quote:

really? how do you not know when you can ask us?

how am i supposed to 'know' if it's possible to be born straight? if i'm not the source on me, than how are you the source on you?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:37 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I never condoned mistreating anyone. I just replied with my opinion on the topic.
That wasn't directed at you personally, Roaddog. It's just that a lot of people who are anti-gay and condone withholding basic human rights for gay people do justify their stance with reasons like "it's a choice" or "it's not natural" etc. My point is simply that regardless of how natural or unnatural, or how much of a choice homosexuality is, there is no reason to mistreat people simply for being gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies