Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 07:54 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Why can't you just accept the fact that some people are wired to like the same gender
citation please.

unbiased, scientific study that backs up your 'factual' claim that being homosexual is genetic or that people are 'wired to like the same gender'

if it was natural, why cant homosexuals produce offspring?

/wont hold breath waiting for a response.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You know the EXPERIENCERS OF BEING GAY?

it's like historians traveling back in time to meet George WAshington and wondering about his life but just not asking him.

It makes NO SENSE.
If they actually sat down and spoke with them it would break so many of the stereotypes they have about gays. They don't want to face the reality that they have much more in common with them than they think.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
If they actually sat down and spoke with them it would break so many of the stereotypes they have about gays. They don't want to face the reality that they have much more in common with them than they think.
People are more comfortable in ignorance than they are with the facts. People are afraid of change, of growth, of having foundational beliefs altered. Which explains why we are still so emotionally in the Stone Age as a species.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
i doubt it. catholics and christians are taught to love their fellow man. they are also taught to shun homosexuals. yes, you can do both.

i could care less how much in common i have with a homosexual and i dont see what that has to do with anything thats being discussed.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:59 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
citation please.

unbiased, scientific study that backs up your 'factual' claim that being homosexual is genetic or that people are 'wired to like the same gender'

if it was natural, why cant homosexuals produce offspring?

/wont hold breath waiting for a response.
I expect from you an unbiased, scientific study that backs up your idea that:

1. People cannot be sexually attracted to the same gender

2. People can be attracted to the opposite gender.

If only heterosexual relationships were natural, then why is homosexuality found in nature?

I will not hold my breath waiting for a response.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I expect from you an unbiased, scientific study that backs up your idea that:

1. People cannot be sexually attracted to the same gender
we are not debating their attraction to the same sex. we are debating wether or not that attraction is a choice. please stay on topic

Quote:
2. People can be attracted to the opposite gender.
please see animals in nature, humans procreating.

Quote:
If only heterosexual relationships were natural, then why is homosexuality found in nature?

I will not hold my breath waiting for a response
"According to geneticist Simon Levay in 1996, "Although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity."

yep. its a rarity in the animal kingdom and guess what? it doesnt last.

if animals (and humans) were wired for it, why doesnt it last? its a choice.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:13 PM

5 posts, read 3,370 times
Off topic. . but...tne influence of BOTH and positive 'Icons' to the gay community has not helped.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:14 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
I wanna start a gay thread.

That way I know it will get at least 620 replies and 62 pages of replies!

I think there is no hotter topic on C-D!

Gay Marriage!!! Let's do a thread on that!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Logic and common sense has a lot to do with it, there is no true reason for being born Homosexual and there is no proof you are.
So does the same notion apply toward being a heterosexual, or not?

Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You all know what I think is happening or is being attempted at? I think gay people or people who relate to them are trying to put heterosexual people's backs against the wall and are trying to force them to defend their heterosexuality. I'm not trying to be extreme, but that's what I see on the internet and also in offline settings. If gay people are feeling threatened by someone's lack of understanding then they seem to flip-the-script and put the heterosexual person on-the-spot. The whole, "Well, why don't YOU explain how YOU became heterosexual." And I'm just not feeling that whole strategy. It's like some are trying to turn heterosexuality into the an "optional" way of life. Nah, it's not.
yup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies