Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 12:17 AM

30,324 posts, read 51,925,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And let's not forget. High IQ is rare, and therefore "unnatural" according to him. Ironic considering the apparent IQ of these posters. Guess they like being the majority in that area too.
LOL. Well, as a redhead with a higher-than-average IQ, I guess I'm just an unnatural freak!! If this is true, I'm proud to be called those names.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL. Well, as a redhead with a higher-than-average IQ, I guess I'm just an unnatural freak!! If this is true, I'm proud to be called those names.
I'll raise you one, I'm a gay Jew with an above average IQ. I'm about us unnatural and rare as you can get.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,059 times
Quote:
I will second that. I am a red head with a high IQ also. Rare and unnatural and proud.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
that may be so, BUT THEY DONT LAST. its a frickin choice! they chose to gratify themselves with a member of the same sex AT THAT TIME. as i quoted earlier, the 'relationships' dont last and the animals eventually go back to members of the opposite sex.

if thats not a choice, i dont know what is.
Then how do you explain those who marry somebody of the opposite sex, and then "go back" to homosexual relations? Are they fighting nature, or accepting nature? Hmmmmm.

Quote:
my friends know better than to rely on data from the 50s through the 90s. if something was to come of it, it certainly would have by now, given all the advances we've made since those times.
By the same token, if this evidence were since proven to be false, wouldn't they have studies to contradict this evidence? Btw, there were over 34,000 results from my search, and I imagine at least a few are more recent - although I don't have the time to sift through all of them.

Quote:
i sure can. look at nature. look at humans. theres your scientific evidence. if homosexuality was so natural, there would be a lot more of them than there are, now wouldnt there? whats natural about 2 members of the same sex that cannot procreate? homosexuality would not exist without heterosexuality.
Again, your "logic" makes no sense to me. If it were so unnatural, wouldn't they have been phased out by now? So how do you explain why it's existed since the beginning of humankind, and why the percentages don't really change from generation to generation? And what about heterosexuals who can't procreate? I guess those people are unnatural too, and should no longer be existing in our species. Not to mention, there are many NATURAL traits that exist in low numbers, but I don't see anyone claiming they're freaks of nature.

Quote:
sadly, i fail at logical thinking in your delusional world where you equate homosexuality with hair colour.
Using an analogy is not the same as "equating" something - and in case you missed it, I also used the analogy of dominant hands. One could argue that a left-handed person chose to be that way, since both my grandfather and sister trained themselves to use their right hands... in my grandfather's case his teachers forced the change, so I guess he was making a choice to be left-handed before they smacked it out of him. Right?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I'll raise you one, I'm a gay Jew with an above average IQ. I'm about us unnatural and rare as you can get.
I'm Jewish too, so I guess we're equally unnatural and rare!

Old 01-14-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I will second that. I am a red head with a high IQ also. Rare and unnatural and proud.
Freak Pride!!!! LMAO

Old 01-14-2012, 12:31 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,244 times
Quote:
No you can't. And you guys aren't Christian. Stop pretending to be. Jesus never condemned gays, and your butchered, ignorant understanding of the Bible does not prove he does.

Most American Catholics also support gays, as do most Jews, and most Christians who aren't raging fundamentalist nutcases.
yes, we can. you can cry and moan all you want, but your lack of understanding will not make it so.

It is taught in the bible to shun homosexuality. leviticus 20:13 seems to blow your 'no one ever condemned gays' theory because its plain as day there.. unless putting someone to death who lays with a man as he does a woman was somehow misunderstood?

i wouldnt exactly call me ignorant when what i just cited can be readily found with a google search...

The Bible Page - Homosexuality

Quote:
You obviously don't know the meaning of natural. Not every individual in nature is capable of producing offspring.
the vast majority of heterosexual couples can reproduce. this is natural. NO homosexual couple can reproduce. this is unnatural.

Quote:
I'll take the opinion of the Royal College of Psychiatrists over your ignorance, thanks.
you go and do that, as the rest of the sane world (read: everyone but the UK) does not take these guys seriously. nothing on bbc about this, nothing in the mainstream and non-mainstream media in the states about this. nowhere. nothing. some obscure google search that just happens to fit your worldview. thats the best you have.

i dont know why i even bother anymore... but do go on with making yourself look like a total nutcase. its amusing at least.

Quote:
And let's not forget. High IQ is rare, and therefore "unnatural" according to him. Ironic considering the apparent IQ of these posters. Guess they like being the majority in that area too.
says the genius comparing homosexuality to hair/eye colour, and now IQ?

you wonder why no one takes you seriously?

goodnight, ill pray for ya, hope you take the right path one day!

ps - in the RCP link you posted, it should be noted that they've changed their position on a number of controversial topics due to pressure. no bias there though!

Old 01-14-2012, 12:34 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,244 times
Quote:
Then how do you explain those who marry somebody of the opposite sex, and then "go back" to homosexual relations? Are they fighting nature, or accepting nature? Hmmmmm.
they chose to marry a member of the opposite sex, decided it wasnt for them and chose to go back to the homosexual lifestyle

Quote:
Again, your "logic" makes no sense to me. If it were so unnatural, wouldn't they have been phased out by now?
my logic doesnt need to make sense to you. you are arguing semantics now. you cannot compare homosexuality to hair colour. the 2 have absolutely nothing in common.

Quote:
Using an analogy is not the same as "equating" something
arguing semantics again.

goodnight, i know now that i cant take you seriously at all and cant have a rational discussion with you.

cheers!

Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
they chose to marry a member of the opposite sex, decided it wasnt for them and chose to go back to the homosexual lifestyle
So, you're saying BOTH sexual orientations are a choice? Mkay.

Sorry, but anyone who's been in that situation will typically disagree... most will say they didn't choose to go back to homosexuality, they only accepted that they're not "made straight" and stopped fighting nature. Who are you to argue with the source themselves? Are you really that self-absorbed to think others don't know what's going on in their brains?

Quote:
my logic doesnt need to make sense to you. you are arguing semantics now. you cannot compare homosexuality to hair colour. the 2 have absolutely nothing in common.

arguing semantics again.
I am not arguing semantics, I'm arguing that just because something is a minority trait that doesn't make it unnatural. Hence, my analogies of hair color and hand-dominance are completely relevant comparisons. I'll repeat - redheads and lefties are both in the minority, and yet I don't see anyone claiming they're unnatural traits. How is that semantics? Do you even know what that term means?

Quote:
goodnight, i know now that i cant take you seriously at all and cant have a rational discussion with you.

cheers!
Translation: I cannot rationally argue with your points, so I'm going to bow out now.

How am I not being rational, and why can't you take me seriously? I could say the same about you, seeing as you're unable to face logical reasoning and evidence. Not to mention, anyone who thinks they can speak for somebody else (with no evidence to support their claims) is clearly not to be taken seriously.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-14-2012 at 12:57 AM..

Old 01-14-2012, 12:53 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,628,472 times
Quote:
It is taught in the bible to shun homosexuality. leviticus 20:13 seems to blow your 'no one ever condemned gays' theory because its plain as day there.. unless putting someone to death who lays with a man as he does a woman was somehow misunderstood?

i wouldnt exactly call me ignorant when what i just cited can be readily found with a google search...

The Bible Page - Homosexuality
And the Bible also condemns adultery. It's so important not to do it that it's found in one of the Ten Commandments, unlike homosexuality. Yet, we seldom if ever see people on here agonizing in long winded threads about whether it should be taken seriously, or not. How ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies