Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Like I said, just like restaurants, groceries, convience stores, farms, farmers markets.....they all have this problem.

You better not eat out or get groceries from the market or heck canned goods are notorius for having critters run amuck on the can tops in the warehouses. OH! and soft drink cans.....they run on those too. The horror!
You are a very fast reader since you answered so soon after I posted your own private link.

Have you been in lots of warehouses where canned goods are stored in the cardboard cases they were sealed up in just after being canned? I opened a lot of them to stock shelves in a little store where we didn't have rat droppings and never found and rat turds on them.

Maybe you need to just accept the fact that the inspector in DC is saying that he doesn't want to close them down but the normal rats in DC are drawn to the area where all that food is stored outside. Go ahead and read the link so you can what you are trying so hard to discredit. Here is your link again.

Occupy D.C. Kitchen Shut Down Amid Rat Infestation | Video | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,521,531 times
Do you think that no one could have possibly read the link before you posted it?

Maybe you need to accept the fact there are rats everywhere, they go where there is sustinance and OWS aren't the filth you try so hard to prove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You are a very fast reader since you answered so soon after I posted your own private link.

Have you been in lots of warehouses where canned goods are stored in the cardboard cases they were sealed up in just after being canned? I opened a lot of them to stock shelves in a little store where we didn't have rat droppings and never found and rat turds on them.

Maybe you need to just accept the fact that the inspector in DC is saying that he doesn't want to close them down but the normal rats in DC are drawn to the area where all that food is stored outside. Go ahead and read the link so you can what you are trying so hard to discredit. Here is your link again.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,039 times
But the way Conservatives talk, the Occupy movement is over! How can this be? It must mean that Conservatives were and are lying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not surprising. Disease and infestation seems to be a common thread running through these camps.
They are lucky you are not there.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:38 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times
It is the fleas a rat carries that caused the plague...the playground nursery rhyme

Ring around the rosie
A pocket full of posie
Ashes ashes we all fall down...

One of the variants thru time that has changed probably the most modern version.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:09 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not surprising. Disease and infestation seems to be a common thread running through these camps.
Does not surprise me in the least. I have seen so much filth, and disgust assoicated with these camps. THE filth i have seen, does not surpirse me al all about Disease and infestation. Very common with what does go on at these camp sites, Disgusting behavior.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:39 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
I'm more worried about rats in restaurant, because they have been caught on camera in the middle of the night before.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:25 AM

511 posts, read 2,451,503 times
The people at the camps look like the same people who were at the famous Woodstock Celebration in 1969. What do you expect!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Come back when you've matured a little.
Hitting too close to home?
Is it ok for you to make comments about others but get outraged when the same is said of you?
That's called hypocrisy.

Perhaps the city isn't picking the trash up often enough.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

It's not the canned goods warehouses where rats will congregate; it's at the processing plants and every one of them has them, whether you see them or not.

Don't think so? Go in one and look for the bait traps and stuffed owls mounted up in the rafters. You won't have any trouble finding them.

Rats are common, not just in Occupy camps. They're everywhere, but you don't see them unless you're looking as they're mostly nocturnal. And, you don't have to camp very long, even in the most remote wilderness, until they find you.

By the way, the biggest rats I ever saw in this country were milling around in the raw materials store room at a bakery on Desire St. in New Orleans.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
This is fascism! How are they supposed to rape someone on an empty stomach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies