Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have to admit that i haven't really been following any of this, but did see this: (ulsterman report)

This past week saw Georgia Deputy Chief Judge Michael Malihi rule that President Barack Obama is to appear in court this Thursday regarding a hearing that refutes Obama’s eligibility to run for president. It appears the Judge’s order will be completely ignored by the administration.

What, if any repercussions will face the president are unknown. Presently, it appears his administration has little fear of reprisal as the mainstream media continues to ignore the case. The White House has indicated the president will be campaigning in Las Vegas and Denver next Thursday. It will be interesting to see what Judge Malihi does following Barack Obama’s violation of a legally issued subpoena. (end quote)

is it okay for the president to ignore the law? what will happen if he does? anything?
That's the point: if this is such a big deal, then why isn't it all over the news media? The answer is, simply, that it's not news at all. The point is (as any first-year law student could tell you) that the Georgia court does not have jurisdiction, and any subpoena or order thereon is a nullity.

"What will happen," you ask? Can't you just picture Judge Malihi issuing a bench warrant for the arrest of President Obama? Can you see some backwoods, bumpkin Sheriff coming to the White House to take the President for a scenic ride on the Cahulawassee River? I don't think so.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:59 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
is it okay for the president to ignore the law? what will happen if he does? anything?
the judge has not ordered obama to be in court. orly taitz has issued a subpoena for the president to attend the hearing. at this point the subpoena has the same legal weight as "pretty please with sugar on top". the judge could compel the subpoena to be enforced but that hasn't happened. the defense attorney submitted a request to have the subpoena quashed and the judge denied the request pointing out the defense did not cite appropriate authority ( why they didn't is a bit of a mystery ). people have confused the denied request as the judge ordering obama to the hearing.

at this point if obama does not show up on thursday ( which will most likely be the case ) he will not be ignoring any laws.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:02 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Hmmm!!. I wonder if there is any relation to Larry Siclair, you know, the guy that Obama had a homosexual affair with?
so there isn't a long debunked birther theory that you don't ascribe to.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
..... revealing the truth about Minor v Happersett setting precedent defining natural born citizen.
"To cite Minor v. Happersett as the definitive statement of the meaning of the phrase “natural born citizen” is to exhibit an unfortunate lack of understanding of the Supreme Court’s 1874 decision in that case."

-Professor Joseph Hylton, Marquette University Law School

Old 01-24-2012, 06:23 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,047 times
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/policeflasher.gif (broken link)

The perpetual inhabitant's eligibility hearings will be broadcast live uncut, uncensored, complete..

Live stream begins Thursday at 9 a.m. ET

Article II Super PAC | Home Page

Old 01-24-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Live stream begins Thursday at 9 a.m. ET
great. just a little surprised comedy central won't be covering it.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
If war was declared between England and the US in 1962, the US could legally detain the father, mother and the spurious born child.
Obama's mother was a US citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
I feel bad for the people of Georgia. This only reinforces the dumbass hick stereotype.
That is not the opinion of everyone on this thread and it is irrelevant. Stereotypes are ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Even if he is busy, he doesn't have to be there to supply all these documents.
Much of the stuff regarding his college days should have been made public the first election, especially with various family members running around saying they were there at the birth in another country.
Granted the relatives could be nuts, but you have to follow up and this should have been done a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
"Let me see your papers, boy?" Is that what you are saying here?

How odd. Obama has released more of his "papers" than any sitting President or Presidential candidate in history. Have you been shocked about the others as well? What is different about this president from all the others? Why the spectacularly egregious double standard?

Tell me... which of George W. Bush's papers have you read?

What about Sarah Palin's papers? I'd love to read those, assuming she can write!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Since the birthers are all in a twist because they don't think our current president provided enough information before being elected, you would think that some of these birthers would choose to be pre-emptive when it comes to the candidates for the coming election, wouldn't you?

But, where are the calls for the birth certificates of Mitt, Newt, Ron, and Rick? Where are the outcrys to see their college transcripts and all the essays they wrote in school? Where is the research into their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles? crickets.
Exactly! I think if everyone's life were gone over with such a fine-tooth comb, there'd be inconsistencies with everyone.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:37 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,324,022 times
Idiotic birthers...

Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,047 times
Roger Hedgecock discusses defendant "Obama" Georgia Court Hearing

Roger Hedgecock Tackles Obama's Eligibility And Georgia Court Hearing - 1/23/2012 - YouTube!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:36 PM

802 posts, read 564,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

What about Sarah Palin's papers? I'd love to read those, assuming she can write!

We don't need to see Palin's papers. She was born to TWO American citizen parents thus making her a Constitutional natural born Citizen born with sole allegiance to the United States and also, yes she can write. Afterall, she got her degree in Journalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies