Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,450,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
There are over 250 MRI machines within a 15 mile radius of you? To that I call bull.
I stand corrected... It has been a decade since I was in the medical field. The density here (over 17 in a 15-mile radius) however indicates the intensity of medical device availability. Also the ratio of MRI machines (w.r.t population) is about 4 times that in the US compared to CN.

Thank you for the correction. (I must be getting old )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 07:10 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
That really is the bottom line, isn't it? When medical care in this country became 100% for profit, the costs skyrocketed and millions became uninsurable. What price do you place on a human life?
Great question.

What price do YOU place on YOUR life?

Should someone else take that responsibility? If so, who?

You lefties are all about someone else taking responsibility for you, aren't you?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Giving flu shots to tots cuts ER visits by a third - Health - Children's health - msnbc.com

She didn't clarify anything, she is reading the words, not acknowledging reality.

If you walk into the ER, they treat you as if your life depends on it, regardless of what you actually have. Its law.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see a direct quote of that from a reputable source, as then I can tell you about 11 hospitals that I directly deal with (and their legal staff) that they are wrong.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:14 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see a direct quote of that from a reputable source, as then I can tell you about 11 hospitals that I directly deal with (and their legal staff) that they are wrong.
Trip to the emergency room for a toothache costs man more than $1,300 - Tampa Bay Times

AS STATED

You'll be told you have to pay through the nose for it. As stated, they can sue you. As stated, they can send bill collectors after you. As stated, your credit rating would be ruined.

But, as stated, most Americans don't give a damn about their credit rating anyway, because its already ruined.

"He returned for gum therapy, but not the rest. The projected cost, he says, was about $3,500. "I don't have that much money,'' he said, and no dental insurance."

Heres what the ER said

"His symptoms could be life-threatening,'' explained Chris Duffy, Coast Dental's spokeswoman. Extreme dental infections can close a windpipe.

"With swelling and the level of pain he described and what we knew about his dental history, we knew he had to be seen immediately," Duffy said.

So, anything can be considered life threatening, and the ER has to take you, period.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Trip to the emergency room for a toothache costs man more than $1,300 - Tampa Bay Times

AS STATED

You'll be told you have to pay through the nose for it. As stated, they can sue you. As stated, they can send bill collectors after you. As stated, your credit rating would be ruined.

But, as stated, most Americans don't give a damn about their credit rating anyway, because its already ruined.

"He returned for gum therapy, but not the rest. The projected cost, he says, was about $3,500. "I don't have that much money,'' he said, and no dental insurance."
He should have A) Gone to a clinic, or B) Had insurance.

Oh, C) Had one of the lefties pay his bill....but they won't.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 PM

New Data Say Uninsured Account for Nearly One-Fifth of Emergency Room Visits

Heres another good one

Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He should have A) Gone to a clinic, or B) Had insurance.

Oh, C) Had one of the lefties pay his bill....but they won't.
I agree. But the reason I posted it is because a few people who don't understand the healthcare system and the situation we find ourselves in since 1986's EMTALA was signed.

The ER is the primary care physician for many Americans, and its expensive. Someone has to pay the bill

Old 01-31-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I agree. But the reason I posted it is because a few people who don't understand the healthcare system and the situation we find ourselves in since 1986's EMTALA was signed.

The ER is the primary care physician for most Americans, and its expensive. Someone has to pay the bill
Yea...the people who wait until the last minute.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yea...the people who wait until the last minute.
I changed my statement, slightly, I typed most, meant many.

I think Obamacare pays for Reagans mistake. We should either pay for everyones healthcare outright, or none at all. Medicare for those over the age of 70 I think is fine, private insurers won't insure them because their risk is to high. Government does fill the holes that the private sector doesn't. But most Americans shouldn't be given free healthcare. They should either pay for it through taxes, pay for their own, or get none at all.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Not true, do you realize how many people get treated at the ER every year for the flu?

Again, if you make 40K a year, you don't give a damn about your credit report. You have to buy cars at buy here pay heres, and you will rarely ever own a home in most places. So sue all you want, send bill collectors all you want, it doesn't matter.

Thats the point, we have many people who can't afford insurance, can't afford care, so they go the ER for the flu, then get a massive bill that they never pay. The hospital then charges others more to make up the difference, because you can't pay the bills with other peoples IOU's
------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:"so they go the ER for the flu, then get a massive bill that they never pay.."

Hey, you may be onto something here.
First, I can transfer all my assets into a blind trust, get the houses out of my name, so I appear destitute. Then I can get free healthcare in the ER. I can get food stamps, and Section 8 housing, maybe some sort of disability or Social Security...all paid for by your generosity, by paying your taxes and insurance premiums.

Quote:"So sue all you want, send bill collectors all you want, it doesn't matter."

Simplest way is to attach your salary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies