Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times

Advertisements

I. AM. SO. SICK. OF. THIS. ARGUMENT!!

Women are not stupid, they are perfectly capable of making sound decisions re their reproductive rights.

If you believe abortion is "murder," then don't have one. I can promise you that in this country, no one will ever use the law to force you to have one.

Likewise, for those women who determine that an abortion is the right way for them to go, there should be no law that forces them to continue their pregnancies.

Your body, your choice. It really is that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This card can be used for anything the clinic provides, they can be like other organizations and exclude abortions on the "Gift Card", simple to do!!

I'd say, this is an easy way to cover up the abortion rate, since they don't have to disclose, what the card was used for. Very clever, move for Plan Parent Hood.
Oh, for G*d's sake! What is the value of the gift cards you usually give? The cost of abortion at a PP clinic in Maryland is $350-$450. At best, the card could pay for a part of an abortion.

I don't know how you are tying these gift cards to PP's abortion numbers. Maybe you could elaborate.

ETA: The money from the gift cards is private money.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/mar...osts-28813.htm

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 02-03-2012 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Add final sentence and link.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:07 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post

Women are not stupid, they are perfectly capable of making sound decisions re their reproductive rights.

If you believe abortion is "murder," then don't have one. I can promise you that in this country, no one will ever use the law to force you to have one.

Likewise, for those women who determine that an abortion is the right way for them to go, there should be no law that forces them to continue their pregnancies.

What you say is fine - but when you involve taxpayer money - then there is a conflict of interest.

If people want to have abortions - do it on your own dime.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
I wonder how many enjoying the benefits of the PP Gift Card are so down on their luck they can't spot the cash for medical treatment
but they can pay for the Internet service and cell phone service to rant about how needy they are.
Sure, those poor people need more money to do these kinds of things that some of these people support whole-heartily, heck some of these people might be the ones their talking about.............................................
California Welfare | $69 million in California welfare money drawn out of state - Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Sacramento — More than $69 million in California welfare money, meant to help the needy pay their rent and clothe their children, has been spent or withdrawn outside the state in recent years, including millions in Las Vegas, hundreds of thousands in Hawaii and thousands on cruise ships sailing from Miami.

State-issued aid cards have been used at hotels, shops, restaurants, ATMs and other places in 49 other states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam, according to data obtained by The Times from the California Department of Social Services. Las Vegas drew $11.8 million of the cash benefits, far more than any other destination. The money was accessed from January 2007 through May 2010.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What you say is fine - but when you involve taxpayer money - then there is a conflict of interest.

If people want to have abortions - do it on your own dime.
What tax money are you talking about? PP does not use tax money to fund abortions.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 AM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What tax money are you talking about? PP does not use tax money to fund abortions.
kat, you must of missed the check list I got this year for my taxes, I get to pick where I want my tax dollars to go. I checked no war spending, I no longer have kids in schools so heck no I won't be supporting that. I did check off road maintenance as I do drive. I reluctantly checked off supporting lazy welfare folks as I know some of them are children and I think all kids should be able to eat junk food bought from their food stamps.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:

We as taxpayers are paying for them. If they want to get an abortion pay for it for themselves, don't ask taxpayers to participate.

I'm not asking them to go there, they are doing it free will, so they can come up with a payment plan or something. Wow, asking them to be like the rest of us, who can't afford health insurance or qualify for government money, is this asking too much???

Old 02-03-2012, 09:13 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
So now an organization can't take a position without the long knives coming out if it goes against the liberal, elite, media narrative.

An Inside Look at Susan G. Komen for the Cure's Spin Machine

The assault continues against anything anti-liberal.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:13 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Except that there are at least 2 bodies involved.
So, not so simple.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,644 times
Looks like Susan Koman foundation is set to lose millions. Good. I never went in for the 'pink' thing anyway.

The Koman foundation has had at least two physicians quit, and another one threaten to quit.

PP abortion services is 3% of all of their services. I just never understood the idiocy of those who think providing cancer screenings and birth control to be paid on a sliding scale for women without insurance or without much money derserves the attacks from the mostly RELIGIOUS hypocrites.

Koman is the one who will be hurt from this. Good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies