Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
If you are outraged, fax or email to news@koman.org. We cannot stay silent and let people who want to turn America into some sort of theocratic dystopia rule the roost. They are vocal. We must be more vocal too.

You can also call to register anger to 877-465-6636.

They obviously respond to money. Let them know first hand that no more of yours will go their way.
Don't just talk about it, tell them first hand.

They rescinded the lawsuit after a public outcry. There is real hope here as long as we ALL act and vote with our wallets.
This is what is called "Throwing the baby out with the bathwater" Your actions will result in a tenfold decrease in breast cancer prevention funding. Pat your shortsighted self on the back

Is a half million fewer dollars worth it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
I just heard a story similar to this on NPR. They don't have a link up yet:

Komen reverses, says it will keep funding Planned Parenthood | Newswatch | a Chron.com blog

Old 02-03-2012, 09:37 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Enjoying your cherries from your cherry picking?

FactCheck.org : Planned Parenthood

The tax money does not go for abortions.
There's also the money I put in for Social Security waiting for me when I turn 65.

If you want to believe that, then I can't argue w/ you. But don't expect me to fall for it.

I don't want money going to a group that wipes out this country's most precious resource - which is its people. We would never let an enemy country do what we pay PP to do to ourselves.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Newsflash

Komen reporting to have restored funds to PP.

Right wing conservatives all over the US to throw temper tantrum.
Similar to the left's temper tantrums of the past 2 days?

This move just proves:
1) The Almight Dollar wins out once again
and
2) Bullying is A-OK when it is done by the left!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:39 AM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I just heard a story similar to this on NPR. They don't have a link up yet:

Komen reverses, says it will keep funding Planned Parenthood | Newswatch | a Chron.com blog
Komen originally stated it was because PP was being investigated but then said that it was because they didn't give Mammograms.
This article goes back to PP being investigated and they are changing their policy about that. What happened to the Mammogram issue.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:40 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Newsflash

Komen reporting to have restored funds to PP.

Right wing conservatives all over the US to throw temper tantrum.
The tantrum was thrown by the left, who can't let organizations run themselves.

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Similar to the left's temper tantrums of the past 2 days?

This move just proves:
1) The Almight Dollar wins out once again
and
2) Bullying is A-OK when it is done by the left!
boo hoo.....charities caring about the wishes of their supporters and donors.......what's this world coming to?!

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There's also the money I put in for Social Security waiting for me when I turn 65.

If you want to believe that, then I can't argue w/ you. But don't expect me to fall for it.

I don't want money going to a group that wipes out this country's most precious resource - which is its people. We would never let an enemy country do what we pay PP to do to ourselves.
Well I don't want my tax money going to unnecessary wars

Old 02-03-2012, 09:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes, they put politics above common sense, they actually did PPH a service by their actions increasing donations and did long term damage to their own credibility. I would love to know the specifcs behind the change of heart.
I think they were losing their supporters and sponsors quite rapidly. In the immortal RW words of one Gov from Texas, Ooops!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:47 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Komen reverses decision to stop Planned Parenthood funding – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Another link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies