Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 03:22 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It's not, until it gets to about 6+ months, but go ahead, keep your rigid viewpoint, it won't matter, abortions ARE legal and WILL remain so.

Good bye and good luck, I'm not going to waste any more of my time on you.
I take it you failed biology class then in high school. That human in the womb doesn't suddenly become a human at 6 months, despite what someone in a black robe said (the SCOTUS also insisted the tomato is a vegetable).

Slavery was legal for centuries in North America, but that doesn't mean it wasn't wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 03:27 PM

779 posts, read 537,696 times
Glad they woke up and did the right thing.

We need less appeasement of the reactionary fundies who want to live in a Christian version of Iran.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:41 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I don't care how much Komen backpedals; Komen has received it's last dollar from us.

We will increase our donations to Planned Parenthood and NARAL.

I've been sick and tired for years with the anti-abortion crowd and will continue to oppose them and their religious neanderthals.

BTW: An exec at Komen is so upset about the cuts to PP, that she has resigned in protest; Komen will regret this fiasco for many years.
I agree. If these anti-abortion crowds want to stop abortion they should stop having sex. Let's see how many men sign that pledge. Surely, they have one somewhere all ready prepared.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
What part of 'no federal funding goes to pay for abortions' don't you get? Are you angry that federal funds may pay for some of the electricity, or antiseptics involved? Because abortions are funded by donations and the women getting them.
What she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin View Post
AND it's FREE
Planned Parenthood is NOT free. They accept insurance, medicaid, and they charge others on a sliding fee scale. I have posted a link to this on this thread, so go search for it.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:20 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Now there is notice that Komen has also pulled its funding support for stem-cell research. They have moved fully into the realm of being a political activist organization that is not worthy of our support.

LINK: Daily Kos: Komen ends grants for embryonic Stem Cell research
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Planned Parenthood is NOT free. They accept insurance, medicaid, and they charge others on a sliding fee scale. I have posted a link to this on this thread, so go search for it.
Truckin apparently says whatever comes to his mind at the moment. His "observations" aren't worthy of consideration.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,962 times
THANK YOU Susan Komen agency, you did the right thing! Despite all that GOP whining! WOMEN EVERYWHERE WON A BIG ONE TODAY.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:31 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin View Post
PP should be cut. they serve no purpose that a Sex Ed class in Highschool would.
You are seriously advocating that high school sex ed instructors should perform pelvic exams on their students? Talk about one sick and twisted mind!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You are seriously advocating that high school sex ed instructors should perform pelvic exams on their students? Talk about one sick and twisted mind!!!
He is just trying to ruffle feathers.

Heck, where I'm from, the righties whined until sex-ed was removed. More of the "freedom" they keep hollering about.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:06 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,605,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What is your solution.....to ban abortion for black women? Black women shouldn't be allowed the same choice as other women? Is that what you want?

Do you really think black women are aborting against their will?

If your argument weren't so disgusting, it would be laughable.
What a typical liberal response....actually it doesn't even make sense and yes I think abortion should be illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies