Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Komen was losing employees, volunteers, sponsors and donors. They are a non-profit organization, those are EXACTLY the people they should be listening to. I am a big beliver in the process, and this is how the process works.

People spoke with their wallets and their time. They wanted those cancer screenings to continue to be funded. And now they will.

Disagreement is part of a healthy democracy. Strong disagreement NORMAL. People execrising that right are not bullying anyone, despite people on both sides trying to demonize each other for disagreeing.
I agree with you. I just hope SGK is funding the best organizations for breast cancer prevention. In my opinion, I am not sure that is PPH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 11:14 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
planned parent hood is a crooked enterprise, and should be completely investigated for FRAUD which has been known and shown many times

Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
SGK reversing its decision regarding PPH is good news ONLY if SGK feels that choice is the best for them
Being able to own up to one's hypocrisy is always a positive thing. It certainly is the best choice for women who use Planned Parenthood to care for their reproductive health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Now only if the founder/CEO of Komen handled the backlash with maturity.
Don't hold your breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Disagreement is part of a healthy democracy. Strong disagreement NORMAL. People exercising that right are not bullying anyone.
Without strong disagreement, we'd still be British subjects, eh?

Quote:
I just hope SGK is funding the best organizations for breast cancer prevention. In my opinion, I am not sure that is PPH.
Here's the thing: There are many avenues for women to receive reproductive health care services. Planned Parenthood provides an option for women who are limited by accessibility, income and lack of insurance.

Komen and other philanthropic arms are wise to spread out their donations in order to reach as many women as possible. Helping provide breast cancer screening in as many locations as possible, to as many women as possible, is a true fulfillment of Komen's mission.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
planned parent hood is a crooked enterprise, and should be completely investigated for FRAUD which has been known and shown many times

One of the members of the committee investigating PP gave an interview last night. She stated that PP complied with ALL requests for information back in September 2011 and since then there has not been a single committee meeting.

What this suggests to me is that whatever they submitted quelled the charges against them, otherwise, why leave something so important to sit for so long particularly when it would be so politically advantageous to the right to prove there is a reason to cut off their funding?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Being able to own up to one's hypocrisy is always a positive thing. It certainly is the best choice for women who use Planned Parenthood to care for their reproductive health.

Don't hold your breath.

Without strong disagreement, we'd still be British subjects, eh?

Here's the thing: There are many avenues for women to receive reproductive health care services. Planned Parenthood provides an option for women who are limited by accessibility, income and lack of insurance.

Komen and other philanthropic arms are wise to spread out their donations in order to reach as many women as possible. Helping provide breast cancer screening in as many locations as possible, to as many women as possible, is a true fulfillment of Komen's mission.
I agree wholeheartedly with your last paragraph. Not that I disagree with the rest of your post.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
One of the members of the committee investigating PP gave an interview last night. She stated that PP complied with ALL requests for information back in September 2011 and since then there has not been a single committee meeting.

What this suggests to me is that whatever they submitted quelled the charges against them, otherwise, why leave something so important to sit for so long particularly when it would be so politically advantageous to the right to prove there is a reason to cut off their funding?
oh please

they are so corrupt it isnt funny

Planned Parenthood Faces Suit Over Medicaid Fraud in Texas | LifeNews.com

Fraud charges plaguing Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood Medicaid Fraud | SBA-List

Planned Parenthood Exposed in Mammogram Fraud - Elisabeth Meinecke

Deja Vu All Over Again: Allegations Planned Parenthood Fraudantly Altered Patient Files | Stand With Truth

Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast accused of fraud | Texas Right to Life

STOPP - Stop Planned Parenthood - NJ Planned Parenthood caught billing fraudulent Medicaid claims

Federal Appeals Court Reinstates Fraud Suit Against Planned Parenthood - BaptistBoard.com

Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
they are so corrupt it isnt funny
I read a few of those links.

The authors need both a dictionary and a quick primer on the English language.

But you keep trying!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
SGK reversing its decision regarding PPH is good news ONLY if SGK feels that choice is the best for them and did not make it due to force by those whom have been so nasty about their decision. You know....those whom feel that it is their right to decide what to do with other peoples/businesses money. Which is typically the mantra from the left.

This is wonderful news for women across America! And people weren't "nasty," they were stunned that SGK would cave to pressure from the RW, leaving some women without a facility to provide necessary cancer screening. Seems like it's the RW trying to bully donors into giving their money only to RW groups, and not vice versa. Of course women complained; it affects us no matter what our politics might be. Unless, of course, you're making the argument that only left wing women are poor.

The big backlash against bullying women - The Washington Post

Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Again, sick of the argument. YOU believe there are two bodies. Don't force your BELIEFS on me. So, yes, very simple.
And you believe there is just one. Don't force your beliefs on me.
So I shall turn your statement around on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies