Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 09:30 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Congratulations, you have just lowered yourself to the level of an animal. I fully understand that people are going to have unprotected sex and I fully understand that you can't prevent pregnancy or disease with talk alone,

but people need to start taking responsibility for their actions. The mentality of "oh it wasn't my fault" has become pervassive in our society. Get your head out of your pants and start thinking with the head that holds your brain and maybe you can prevent someone you love from making a mistake that will affect them for the rest of their lives. Talk costs nothing.

all well and good, but telling "people/women" they "need to" . that's great, and people "should do" we play the hand we were dealt. the folks you think need to, don't now why would they ever?

telling them they "need to" is a judgment call based on your morality and standards. talk does cost nothing and I support that, but I can't talk nor can I influence someone that I don't even know. their life and how they conduct it. even if I think they live like pigs, it isn't my call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Congratulations, you have just lowered yourself to the level of an animal. I fully understand that people are going to have unprotected sex and I fully understand that you can't prevent pregnancy or disease with talk alone, but people need to start taking responsibility for their actions. The mentality of "oh it wasn't my fault" has become pervassive in our society. Get your head out of your pants and start thinking with the head that holds your brain and maybe you can prevent someone you love from making a mistake that will affect them for the rest of their lives. Talk costs nothing.
What type of responsibilty do you want women and men to take when their actions result in unwanted pregnancy ? Carry the child to term ? Say, yea it was my fault while having an abortion ? Promise to use bc next time ? Not seek treatment if they get a STD ? Make them do community service at a bc clinic ?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
all well and good, but telling "people/women" they "need to" . that's great, and people "should do" we play the hand we were dealt. the folks you think need to, don't now why would they ever?

telling them they "need to" is a judgment call based on your morality and standards. talk does cost nothing and I support that, but I can't talk nor can I influence someone that I don't even know. their life and how they conduct it. even if I think they live like pigs, it isn't my call.
No, you can only influence those you are close to. Parents aren't doing that much today and they "NEED TO".

Old 02-05-2012, 09:38 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Amazing how we can think so much alike and yet think we are so different.
I'm a conservative. I want limited government. I think government is bad. When the government does something that you'd think would be good, it turns into something bad. That usually results in bloated legislation, bloated budgets, and distrust of government.

I don't want anyone to get an abortion, if it isn't threatening their lives, and they weren't raped, etc. But just because I think that, doesn't mean I want the government dictating what others can do with their bodies.

I worry about myself. I don't expect everyone do do everything the way I do.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yeah and many women have sex with whoever, whenever. You people act like all women are princess, and do no wrong, just victims of men. Please, at least think how people act, including women.
Its none of your god damned business who anyone else is having sex with. If they aren't raping children or adults, its none of anyone elses business.

We are supposed to be a free country.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What type of responsibilty do you want women and men to take when their actions result in unwanted pregnancy ? Carry the child to term ? Say, yea it was my fault while having an abortion ? Promise to use bc next time ? Not seek treatment if they get a STD ? Make them do community service at a bc clinic ?
Read post 731

Old 02-05-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You might want to re-read Memphis' comment.

"Close your legs" - women
"Shut your zipper" - men

Or, at least, that is how I read it. Memphis can tell me if I was incorrect.
Yep, but some folks only read what they want to, and not what is reality.

Some posters blatantly ignore reality. I have always said, I am open and can change my mind on any topic, if shown facts.

The problem is, the facts back my positions, religion backs others, and religion is hardly fact.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm a conservative. I want limited government. I think government is bad. When the government does something that you'd think would be good, it turns into something bad. That usually results in bloated legislation, bloated budgets, and distrust of government.

I don't want anyone to get an abortion, if it isn't threatening their lives, and they weren't raped, etc. But just because I think that, doesn't mean I want the government dictating what others can do with their bodies.

I worry about myself. I don't expect everyone do do everything the way I do.
Again, we do not disagree.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So, I , gather, you hate , women from , your, posts....it isn't, worrisome to, me....why would how, someone else felt about, men be , worrisome to a stranger,,,.?,
No I'm one myself, it's just people on here keep saying it's the guys fault. Other than freightshaker, the other men on here are not even defending their own gender. Guess Rush is right "Chickafication" has hit America!!

Get with and realize blame lies on both sides.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No I'm one myself, it's just people on here keep saying it's the guys fault. Other than freightshaker, the other men on here are not even defending their own gender. Guess Rush is right "Chickafication" has hit America!!

Get with and realize blame lies on both sides.
Hold on now. I have said in multiple threads, and got in trouble with a lot of women activists, that men should also be given the option to "opt out" of an unwanted pregnancy.

But that has nothing to do with planned parenthood, who prevents more abortions then the church ever will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies