Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 09:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I re-read my post and I can't find where I said anything about banning abortions.... Could you please point it out to me?
Sorry, I assumed you wanted to ban them because, as it's been said multiple times in this thread alone, NO federal tax monies are used for abortions.

None.

Zip.

Nada.

Donations and the women receiving the abortions pay for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
I re-read my post and I can't find where I said anything about banning abortions.... Could you please point it out to me?
Something just goes over their heads!! Now Christians want their kids to get pregnant for punishment, and they think we're out there.

I think failed birth control happens, but only 1% is rape and less for incest. Guess we're just sexual and the fetus is just a major inconvenience, that happens to many.

Hadn't looked at it like this, maybe it's good, these people are not having more people who view babies this way.

There's always a silver lining to every issue.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Here's a novel thought... Don't have sex without birth control if you don't want to get pregnant.
Here's another novel thought...nothing has ever worked perfectly 100% of the time and humans make mistakes. Who would have thought?

Old 02-04-2012, 10:47 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,989,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Bottom line - it's a free country. They are FREE to give their money to whichever groups they want.

I, for one, applaud them. They are about life, and they've put there money where their mouth is. It may be a small portion, but a portion all the same. As for the poor and undereducated being used as scapegoats, they would be better served to keep their legs crossed, and avoid pregnancy in the first place.

Please tell me why this act is indicative of the US becoming a banana republic?
Really? Because many low income women use Planned Parenthood for breast exams to save their lives.

And you are ignorant if you think that it is only the poor and uneducated (you might actually fit that category) that are seeking abortions...

Old 02-05-2012, 12:44 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Some of those so-called christians actually want the girls to get pregnant, as a punishment. It's the old "serves you right" mentality, which is sick, but IMO that's the truth with a lot of them. Judgement and punishment, i.e., playing god.
Mike, it's so much worse than you imagine. When they keep social shame strictly on her, the sperm donor keeps his identity concealed to continue on repeating sickness forever. This is EXACTLY how pedophiles operate, it's how sex scandals that infiltrated the Church occurred, all brought to you by social conservatives sweeping it under rugs for decades in plain sight.

Have you seen this documentary? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8240639313

If it doesn't play there, you can catch it on this other server...
US Politicians Pedophile Ring (The Banned Video) : General Conspiracies

My point as it relates to komen is this. Boys town was founded on solid principles. They've done wonderful things for a century. They've helped a lot of kids steer their lives into a healthier direction. Until predators came and jeopardized the mission the same way it played out with komen. MUST people blame brick and mortar for the problem and distract ourselves away from the core behavior AGAIN, only to repeat the cycle? The predatory behavior is the problem. That's what Komen and Boys Town need to learn, but it's also something planned parenthood needs to find a better way to deal with than merely turning the other cheek every other day.

Did you know that statistically, disabled (children or adults) are more likely to be targeted for physical, emotional and intimate abuse? The people who damaged them in the first place mean to keep them damaged as snake food for vicarious thrills which only escalates the depths of depravity they'll resort to over time. This is how they operate. Patience will change nothing. Patience is more likely to both exacerbate depravity and embolden them to escalate trajectory. It is they who need to be confronted legally and shut down permanently.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:48 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Here's another novel thought...nothing has ever worked perfectly 100% of the time and humans make mistakes. Who would have thought?
We are just full of novel thoughts... I just had another one.
What if people could start accepting responsibility for their own actions instead of placing the responsibility of their deeds on the shoulders of others. What a concept!!

Old 02-05-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So, are you saying there all safe abortions?? I'm talking about girl's under 18. If you people would put aside your hate and see more girl's under 18 have abortions, without anyone knowing they're there. They prey on young girls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Something just goes over their heads!! Now Christians want their kids to get pregnant for punishment, and they think we're out there.
Planned parenthood snuck into Sarah Palins living room and impregnated Bristol? BUT... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
What if people could start accepting responsibility for their own actions instead of placing the responsibility of their deeds on the shoulders of others. What a concept!!
How is it possible that womankind has any means of avoiding consequence? If she has her ovaries removed, the consequence is no children ever. If she's chaste, the consequence is chastity. If she's pregnant and married, she'll have heavy consequences if he doesn't want that pregnancy. If she's pregnant and unmarried, there's heavier consequence. Motherhood, abortion, or adoption are consequence she has to live with the rest of her life.

The only one without painful consequence in the scenario is the sperm donor who never cared from the beginning. All just a video game. Change his name and/or move on to the next. And if you're Newt, you don't even have to change your name.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:49 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
How is it possible that womankind has any means of avoiding consequence? If she has her ovaries removed, the consequence is no children ever. If she's chaste, the consequence is chastity. If she's pregnant and married, she'll have heavy consequences if he doesn't want that pregnancy. If she's pregnant and unmarried, there's heavier consequence. Motherhood, abortion, or adoption are consequence she has to live with the rest of her life.

The only one without painful consequence in the scenario is the sperm donor who never cared from the beginning. All just a video game. Change his name and/or move on to the next. And if you're Newt, you don't even have to change your name.
In my post, did I say "women" need to accept responsibility or did I say "people"?

Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:

And how is getting an abortion not taking responsibility for their actions? They have to go through the procedure, pay for it and live with it for the rest of their lives. They have to make the decision and I don't see how their placing it on the shoulders of others.

I'd say it's pretty responsible for a woman who thinks it's a bad time to go through with a pregnancy to get an abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies