Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 10:20 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I never said abortion wasn't a womens right!! What you people don't get, it's not grown women having abortions, not the majority, it's girls under 18. You people type, what you don't get!!!
I'm sorry, that's incorrect. Whoever is telling you that has skewed the numbers.

Quote:
Eighteen percent of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15–17 obtain 6% of all abortions, teens aged 18–19 obtain 11%, and teens younger than age 15 obtain 0.4%
Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM

18,382 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
I never said abortion wasn't a womens right!! What you people don't get, it's not grown women having abortions, not the majority, it's girls under 18. You people type, what you don't get!!!
sure teens get pregnant and abort but so do thousands of married women. so are you saying abortion should have an age limit like drinking?

Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 AM

653 posts, read 945,370 times
Quote:
Well you wouldn't be here if your mom choose to abort you. I know all to well about moms getting pregnant, my sister and I were both not excepted. The doctors told my mom she wouldn't be able to get pregnant after he first 3. Oops, she had my sister and I, something that wasn't in her or my dad's budget, they worked it out.

Hope your good at catching bones, educate yourself, as to how you got into the world.
Wow, that doesn't even make sense. I can see talking with you is a lost cause. This will be my last post to you.

I am educated on how I got into the world. Clearly you are making assumptions. Clearly you have not read my previous posts. Clearly you know everything, even about MY personal life. Good for you.

Oh, and BTW, I DO realize I wouldn't be here if my mom aborted me. THAT WAS MY POINT! If you actually read my post, I said she SHOULD have aborted me and that if I were in her shoes, I would have. Please, go to your local insane asylum, visit the patient that's screaming, hallucinating, and drooling then tell me they should be a mother. First, learn to read what people write, THEN respond. I don't think you've had your coffee yet.

No bother responding to this. I will not be replying to any of your future posts since it's difficult to have a conversation with someone who doesn't educate themselves before commenting.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I'm sorry, that's incorrect. Whoever is telling you that has skewed the numbers.

Source
Emeraldmaiden, 3~Shepherds clearly has a lot of misinformation, and doesn't grasp the concept of education before opinion before speaking. Don't waste your time educating, 3~Shepherds. They have Google.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
THIS....

"We may never agree, but we can agree to disagree and work together towards ending unwanted pregnancies. I sure hope most, if not all, of the pro-life'ers on this thread are also doing their due diligence to end the unwanted pregnancies that ultimately end up as abortions by volunteering their time to preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place. (Believe me, that's not a dig, just a gentle suggestion "

There are fundamental differences in basic beliefs and values of many people who are pro-life vs. pro-choice. These are not things that a thoughtful discussion, or name-calling and threats, will change. And that is ok. People have to right to believe what they want to believe.

Haven't we learned by now that people grow up in vastly different environments and live through experiences that shape who they are? That things are rarely black and white, and they are almost always a shade of grey? And although it would be nice if everyone could see through their neighbors eyes, we instead tend to only change through experiences that affect us directly.

I agree that what we still need to do is find common ground. Inconsistency in policies is what makes many of us confused and frustrated. Especially if we actually do share some of the same goals.

For example, if you want to prevent abortions, education and birth control access must be improved. This includes things like classes in the schools and Planned Parenthood, among others. Preaching only abstinence has clearly failed. And if unwanted pregnancies occur, there must be system in place to assist these children so they have a chance.... and to support women so that they do not feel alone or helpless.

If you believe in pro-life because you believe that life is sacred and you should not murder, then you should be consistent and be against the death penalty.

Why can't we find more common road?
I don't think we'll ever stop all unwanted pregnancies. I'm just saying the quickest, most effective way to impact unwanted pregnancy rates is correct use of bc. Why do women and men with access to bc not use it properly. It's not because they didn't have sex ed. More than 90% of women who get abortions have used bc.

Women can have as many abortions as they want as far as I'm concerned.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:57 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
You do the anti-choice, pro-life cause no service with that kind of innacurate info. It might help just a little if you admit you made a mistake.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:58 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,410,209 times
sigh.....

Old 02-04-2012, 11:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Oh, no it's not (girls under 18 who get the majority of abortions). What don't YOU get?

Abortion Surveillance --- United States, 2007

Among the 48 areas that reported by age for 2007, women aged 20--29 years accounted for the majority (56.9%) of abortions and had the highest abortion rates (29.4 and 21.4 abortions per 1,000 women aged 20--24 and 25--29 years, respectively) (Figure 2; Table 3). Women in the youngest and oldest age groups (<15 or ≥40 years) accounted for the smallest percentage of abortions (0.5% and 3.2%, respectively) and had the lowest abortion rates (1.2 and 2.6 abortions per 1,000 women aged <15 and ≥40 years, respectively). . . . Adolescents aged 18--19 years accounted for the majority (62.3%) of adolescent abortions and had the highest adolescent abortion rates

Old 02-04-2012, 11:41 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
sometimes abortion IS the responsible thing to do. besides we are qual in the US, men can have sex and not worry about the consequences so can women. not your business, women could care less what you think of how they live their lives
No, adoption is the answer sometimes. Murder, never.

I don't care if someone doesn't care about what I think. I oppose murder, and I vote...

Old 02-04-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, adoption is the answer sometimes. Murder, never.

I don't care if someone doesn't care about what I think. I oppose murder, and I vote...
Even in the case of rape? As an example, should a girl stop her dreams of an education to carry a child full term that she didn't ask for because a man decided to rape her?

How about if that girl is only 11yo and she was raped by her father and the fetus would be born with abnormalities and struggle to survive?

How about if the doctor tells your wife, you can have this child but doing so would mean that your wife would lose her life?

Also, as a femals ages, her eggs die off. Is that murder? Those were potential children as well.

Adoption agencies are crowded with children needing homes. How many children have you adopted? I haven't yet remarried, but my lifelong goal has been to adopt, and once I remarry, I will. I will be helping. Will you?

Everyone has the right to their own opinion. Luckily, I don't have to live my life based on your opinion, and visa versa. But as some people spout out what others should do, and what should be, I hope they're doing more than just voting to solve the problem.

Last edited by dclamb3; 02-04-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies