Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,342,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
if a woman doesn't want to go to term with her pregnancy why would she go to term then give the baby away. women are not breeders for the world of adoption. adoption is not always the answer. many women always regret giving their child up. many adopted kids feel out of the loop in their adopted family and always year for their birth mothr. many children go unadopted and spend 18 years in foster care system only to be spit out at age 18. abortion is not murder and I vote too
Why is this so hard for the RTLs to understand??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 04:43 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,578,079 times
Koman has shown its colors. What I didn't know is that their President is paid $456,437. Eh, much to much for a charity, IMHO.

They lost their focus, cancer cure and prevention. I will donate elsewhere.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
In Komen's defense, a quick peek at its website will tell you that its mission includes education and early detection, which is what Planned Parenthood is doing by offering breast exams and information and referrals to uninsured and underinsured women ...
And in defense of AUTHENTIC charitable work, those who carry on complaining and whining about lack of perfect results for complex social ills plaguing humanity since the dawn of time are free to create their own at cost charity and deliver something better. If they can find a way to be impervious to the cost of living ethically, isn't that the solution to poverty on the globe we've all been striving for?

Atheists are free to compete with Catholic Charities any day of the week, and I'd happily applaud constructive competition improving the overall landscape. We'd all be on the same page with the same mission, picking up various angles of the same problems. That's what a free country serving the greater good looks like.

RTL aping the predators destroying America from within... not so much. Komen needs to evict them from their board room surely as the Vatican needs to evict the unholy alliance they've made with them undermining their mission, too. RTL, as an org, need to see every bit of their own behavior & dysfunctional attitudes that have created the nightmares they claim to be against. Catholics included. Repentance shouldn't be a foreign concept to any self respecting Christian, but it sure is common ignorance trotting around in noun only christian taliban.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
again this is your parents business, it was their choice to continue to have children even if they were not planned. in some cases like your parents before Rove V Wade some women were desperate enough to not take the pregnancy to term they sought out back alley or self inflicted abortions. no woman should have to do that, ever. far too many died. we have the right to control our own bodies.
So, are you saying there all safe abortions?? I'm talking about girl's under 18. If you people would put aside your hate and see more girl's under 18 have abortions, without anyone knowing they're there. They prey on young girls. If you haven't noticed, there's a big difference in a girl and a women and a girl making a decision on her own.

You people keep thinking I want to stop them completely, wake up and read what I'm posting, not what you think I'm saying. For the most part, I don't even think most of you know what a cold table and room an abortion room is, that's unless, they've now added roses and fairies to make you feel good.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
Wow, that doesn't even make sense. I can see talking with you is a lost cause. This will be my last post to you.

I am educated on how I got into the world. Clearly you are making assumptions. Clearly you have not read my previous posts. Clearly you know everything, even about MY personal life. Good for you.

Oh, and BTW, I DO realize I wouldn't be here if my mom aborted me. THAT WAS MY POINT! If you actually read my post, I said she SHOULD have aborted me and that if I were in her shoes, I would have. Please, go to your local insane asylum, visit the patient that's screaming, hallucinating, and drooling then tell me they should be a mother. First, learn to read what people write, THEN respond. I don't think you've had your coffee yet.

No bother responding to this. I will not be replying to any of your future posts since it's difficult to have a conversation with someone who doesn't educate themselves before commenting.
Thank you

Old 02-04-2012, 05:22 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So, are you saying there all safe abortions?? I'm talking about girl's under 18. If you people would put aside your hate and see more girl's under 18 have abortions, without anyone knowing they're there. They prey on young girls. If you haven't noticed, there's a big difference in a girl and a women and a girl making a decision on her own.

You people keep thinking I want to stop them completely, wake up and read what I'm posting, not what you think I'm saying. For the most part, I don't even think most of you know what a cold table and room an abortion room is, that's unless, they've now added roses and fairies to make you feel good.
abortion in the first trimester is consider very safe, with no long term effects. it does not interfere with getting pregnant later. girls under 18, yes they have abortions. no one preys on young girls. you really think abortionist hang out at high schools lurking for an unsuspecting teen to prey on? most girls at 15, 16 ot 17 know if they want a baby or not when they find themselves pregnant. some want to go it alone because they could be pressured into having a baby they do not want to have. I don't wish the experience of abortion on anyone let alone someone under 18. however once you are have made your choice you live with it. I would feel just as bad for a 15 year old no matter what her choice was. she is in a rock and a hard place either way you slice it.

not sure what you mean by cold room and all. you mean the room where you have abortions is sterile? yes I would hope so.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Koman has shown its colors. What I didn't know is that their President is paid $456,437. Eh, much to much for a charity, IMHO.

They lost their focus, cancer cure and prevention. I will donate elsewhere.
^^^
This is exactly what Koman has to fear the most. This whole thing has been a PR nightmare for the foundation, replacing Netflix as the textbook case of the worst possible PR stumbles. Honestly I don't see a path out for Koman. The left is pissed at them for cutting out PP and won't support their cause any longer. The right is pissed at them for reinstating PP and won't support their cause any longer. And now they are in the limelight and their finances are being scrutinized, and thus many people who don't have a political side to take will walk away from them once they learn that the foundation spends a paltry 25% or less of what it takes in on actual cancer research and prevention.

They shot themselves in the foot with their first move, stuck that foot in their mouth trying to justify their decision, and then shot themselves in the other foot trying to backtrack. And now they don't have a leg to stand on.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:07 PM

653 posts, read 946,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
^^^
This is exactly what Koman has to fear the most. This whole thing has been a PR nightmare for the foundation, replacing Netflix as the textbook case of the worst possible PR stumbles. Honestly I don't see a path out for Koman. The left is pissed at them for cutting out PP and won't support their cause any longer. The right is pissed at them for reinstating PP and won't support their cause any longer. And now they are in the limelight and their finances are being scrutinized, and thus many people who don't have a political side to take will walk away from them once they learn that the foundation spends a paltry 25% or less of what it takes in on actual cancer research and prevention.

They shot themselves in the foot with their first move, stuck that foot in their mouth trying to justify their decision, and then shot themselves in the other foot trying to backtrack. And now they don't have a leg to stand on.
Yup. That sounds about right. lol

Old 02-04-2012, 06:53 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Here are some great organizations that are worth supporting as an alternative to SGK:

Breast Cancer Research Foundation
http://www.bcrfcure.org/

Avon Foundation Breast Centre
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/avon_foundation_breast_center/make_a_gift.html

Breast Cancer Action
https://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/6098/content_item/donatenow

American Cancer Society
https://www.cancer.org/involved/dona...FQpY7Aod1XlBsw
Quote:
If you donate directly to the Planned Parenthood Breast Health Fund, Bloomberg will match all donations.

https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Don...und_0212_c3_fb
I wanted to repost this information for those looking for alternate organizations to support.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:02 PM

653 posts, read 946,424 times
Quote:
I wanted to repost this information for those looking for alternate organizations to support.
Great list. Also Tyanna Foundation via Breastfest.

Full disclaimer, we donate marketing to them. I've worked closely with them for 7 years. Great family. Great team. Great story. Great successes. Check out the new wing at Mercy Hospital and new cancer equipment, if you need proof of where their money goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies