Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL..and according to your little story book, they created Cane and Abel who somehow created offspring with......who
If I remember the story correctly, Abel found himself a wife and Cain got jealous of him (he was jealous of Abel all along, because he felt Adam and Eve favored Abel over him), so he killed him (I think with a club) and stole her from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I can take this to a whole new level.

To another response who say it just doesn't feel right (I don't feel like quoting it), whites also didn't feel right having blacks cohabitating with them as sisters, brothers, cousins, partners, neighbors, or even patrons in the same store. Heck, at one right, whites didn't even feel right seeing blacks as completely human and only as animals and their slaves. Did it make it right for them to treat blacks as different or were they misguided?

As for this quote above, who said there is a god (I'm an agnostic/apatheist), and who says there was an Adam and Eve "created?" Just because you believe it's so doesn't make it so.
Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." (NIV)

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

Romans 1

“ (26) Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. (27) In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
The OP poses a legitimate question. Exit polls in Prop 48 in CA show that blacks are clearly more homophobic than other races/ethnicities. This is why you have more black men on the "DL" bringing HIV and AIDS home to their black wives. Black married women have been getting this disease at an alarming rate in recent years. So the question remains WHY? Is it a religion thing? Is it poor education levels?

Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Most black people I know either know a gay black person, are related to a gay black or is a gay black person and they don't seem to have any issues with homosexuality. Due to religious beliefs most of the ones I know think it's a sin but that doesn't mean they're homophobic.
Yes it does.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL..and according to your little story book, they created Cane and Abel who somehow created offspring with......who
"Your little story book". The words of an arrogant individual who prides himself in his so-called knowledge. Do you really believe that you know more than God?

Old 02-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
The OP poses a legitimate question. Exit polls in Prop 48 in CA show that blacks are clearly more homophobic than other races/ethnicities. This is why you have more black men on the "DL" bringing HIV and AIDS home to their black wives. Black married women have been getting this disease at an alarming rate in recent years. So the question remains WHY? Is it a religion thing? Is it poor education levels?
Why do you use the term "homophobic", a term parroted by the media and those who hate normal values and ways of life? No one is afraid of homosexuals.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I'm not black, but no one is afraid of homosexuals.

God created Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve.
If God created everything and Adam & Steve are a part of that everything, then God created Adam & Steve.

No one is afraid of homosexuals? Then why would anyone feel inclined to treat them like garbage and deny them rights and equality? That's some welcoming committee! (see your hateful post above as another fine example of not being afraid, demonizing is sourced in fear)

You are wrong on both of your points.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
If I remember the story correctly, Abel found himself a wife and Cain got jealous of him (he was jealous of Abel all along, because he felt Adam and Eve favored Abel over him), so he killed him (I think with a club) and stole her from him.
LMAO..Found a wife from where..Did she just pop up? Lot a holes in that story.

Quote:
"Your little story book". The words of an arrogant individual who prides himself in his so-called knowledge. Do you really believe that you know more than God?
I actually exist, see, I'm actually responding to you and you can respond to me. "God", not so much. So yes, I know more than all of the imaginary gods created by men.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If God created everything and Adam & Steve are a part of that everything, then God created Adam & Steve.

No one is afraid of homosexuals? Then why would anyone feel inclined to treat them like garbage and deny them rights and equality?

You are wrong on both of your points.
+1

Old 02-08-2012, 07:31 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times
Quote:
Why do you use the term "homophobic", a term parroted by the media and those who hate normal values and ways of life? No one is afraid of homosexuals.
Furthermore, being homophobic doesn't necessarily JUST mean you're "afraid" of homosexuals, rather it means you have any range of negative attitudes towards them (which can include the fear of them amongst others).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies