Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybuzz View Post
This just reconfirms the Texas stereotype.
It was North Carolina, not Texas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybuzz View Post
Those are the words of conservatards.
What kind of "tard" makes sweeping generalizations about the second largest state in the country, without even bothering to perform the slightest bit of research (for instance, simply reading a news article or two) before making that asinine comment?

That "Texas stereotype" has written a book on cloud computing.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-13-2012 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 PM

779 posts, read 537,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
How do you commit a violent act on a thing?
If somebody shot your car or house up, would you consider it a violent act? The father is a vandal. He just has a legal loophole to be one. If someone burns down a church, is that a violent act? Quit being disingenuous for the sake of argument.

This isn't about discipline, this is about a father who is teaching his daughter to "fix" her problems by seeking attention online and destroying property, in the most violent manner he could come up with. Where do you suppose she learned to run to Facebook and make passive-aggressive status updates? LOL!?

I don't have a problem with discipline, hell, I grounded my kids, revoked privileges from them, and was grounded myself for (sometimes lengthy) periods, and had my privileges revoked when I was growing up, but even though my step-dad had guns (as do I), neither of us found it necessary to use them to prove a point about our childrens' behavior.

Anyway-- I'll take the load of positive reps I got from that post that you replied to as an indicator that I am far from alone in feeling that e-peen dad is wrong.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
But, did your parents make a video scolding you, then take the hotwheels and run them over repeatedly with a car, crushing and destroying them. Then they post the video, publicly I might add, to "teach you a lesson in manners". See how it's not the same, and this father fails on multiple levels to handle this rationally?
That would be the next step after you refused repeatedly and cussed at your parents.........

Old 02-13-2012, 12:37 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
FWIW - I wonder what is actually more frightening; a US Marine Drill Sergeant or a VC trying to blow my head off so close the muzzle blast singed the hair on my buzz cut. I go with the Drill Sgt. for intimidation and Charlie for startling. At least I could shoot Charlie.
Yet another great post Greg. What's this dork going to do on the street while CCWing (if he has one) and someone calls him a name? I don't trust him one bit. BTW, did anyone else notice the business end was moving around off target with his finger on the trigger? F*** this guy is a idiot!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:38 PM

It's amazing to me that some people think that destroying property is a way to deal with people who aren't even adults yet... but... somehow, magically I guess, when a person turns 18, it becomes NOT OK to "teach them a lesson" for bad behavior by destroying property-- and in fact it becomes a crime. Why do we give more leeway to adults for bad behavior than we give to kids?

Riddle me this Batman.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
It's amazing to me that some people think that destroying property is a way to deal with people who aren't even adults yet... but... somehow, magically I guess, when a person turns 18, it becomes NOT OK to "teach them a lesson" for bad behavior by destroying property-- and in fact it becomes a crime. Why do we give more leeway to adults for bad behavior than we give to kids?

Riddle me this Batman.
Give it a rest. It wasn't "her" property to begin with, it was her father's property. I guess we should just continue the liberal's way of disciplining and just send them into a corner for a 2 minute time out eh? Yeah, that really works well!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Ridiculous.

Hilarious.

Continue on.
Gosh, your brilliant, in-depth observations have TOTALLY convinced me to change my mind on this issue! Not.

GregW is right.

I'll tell you what's ridiculous and hilarious-- watching anonymous online personas ride this adolescent-minded dad's coat-tails in a lame attempt to appear "tough" themselves.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Give it a rest. It wasn't "her" property to begin with, it was her father's property. I guess we should just continue the liberal's way of disciplining and just send them into a corner for a 2 minute time out eh? Yeah, that really works well!
Yeah, too bad for you that I agree that time-outs are silly and stupid. Not quite as silly and stupid as over-reacting and using a gun to "teach a lesson" to a high school girl, but time-outs are in the top ten.

So yeah anyway... I'll "give it a rest" as soon as people stop using this guy's actions to posture as if they were all a bunch of Wyatt Earps online. Which will be never, am I right?

Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Gosh, your brilliant, in-depth observations have TOTALLY convinced me to change my mind on this issue! Not.

GregW is right.

I'll tell you what's ridiculous and hilarious-- watching anonymous online personas ride this adolescent-minded dad's coat-tails in a lame attempt to appear "tough" themselves.
You got that right buddy! That muzzle was pointed at an angle parallel to the ground with his finger on the trigger. A 1911 is a single action semi auto. Notice how he had to look at the gun as he was firing too? Like he wasn't sure what it was going to do. All signs point to a NOVICE and retard!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:57 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I must confess that in my dim and distant past I shot a refrigerator, a bottle of dry cleaning fluid and a couple of walls with the same bullet. I was cleaning a .22 and I slipped. I was not trying to discipline or frighten anything but the fridge did flinch. Never did it again.

This guy needs some help managing his anger. I doubt if he will ever be able to manage his daughter. Maybe that is the problem. Daughters need good examples and plenty of care not managing. They do not need outside discipline. They need the examples to be external and the discipline to be internal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies