Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 03:14 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
The real guys always go down in flames choking on what someone else did. Rather than snitch, make a scene, whatever you want to call it...they take the bullet as the sun goes down. They'll ride again and live to tell the tale!
Excuse me? What in the world are you talking about? Real guys always go down in flames? Sorry, rather than to go down in flames, I helped 11 people escape that burning building. They take the bullet as the sun goes down, I really haven't a clue what you are alluding to. I won't take a bullet, however I will deal out a 3 shot group, And then ride out to tell the tale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 03:14 PM

779 posts, read 537,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Your ignorance is showing,...but what else is new????

The above comment illustrates just how little you know about me or the the dad shooting the computer.

Better be careful or someone will revoke your Internet Psychology Degree.
Translation: "When I don't have a real rebuttal, I just puke out some stream-of-consciousness gibberish in an attempt to cover the fact that I've not made even one, single, rational, coherent argument."

I don't have any more time for your trolling son. Sorry to disappoint but people who are only interested in patting themselves on the back while talking in circles simply aren't worth the effort...

Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Excuse me? What in the world are you talking about? Real guys always go down in flames? Sorry, rather than to go down in flames, I helped 11 people escape that burning building. They take the bullet as the sun goes down, I really haven't a clue what you are alluding to. I won't take a bullet, however I will deal out a 3 shot group, And then ride out to tell the tale.
That means you save "your killin'" for your enemies! Your daughter isn't one! It's tooooooo scary for her!!! Too damn scary!! Like, always cheating to win the fight scary! Running out of ammo in a primary weapon as well as your back up. The spring assisted tactical knife clipped in your pocket, along with a upstroke to the nose, thus breaking it and ramming it into the enemies brain killing him instantly scary! Always cheat, always WIN!!! BTW, sorry honey...you're grounded for a month and will loose the car keys if you have a license yet!!

Old 02-13-2012, 05:14 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
This thread is interesting. It's really brought out some fascinating psychological traits in some of our posters.

What I'm seeing from most of the folks who think that the father did something wrong is an obvious fear of guns. Just the mere sight of one - even on an Internet video - intimidates them. These people can't grasp the concept that a gun is nothing more than a tool, and have humanized the tool in their minds as something evil and to be feared. Because the father used a gun, they see what he did as a threat to the daughter's life. Had he used a hammer, or as another poster said many pages back, if he'd thrown the laptop into a swimming pool, their impression of the father would be completely different and not that of a man who was a dangerous menace to his daughter and the rest of society.

Then there are the self proclaimed "experts," who have the exact same problem. Truly fascinating.

And, of course, we have the omnipresent feel-gooders, who think that the daughter didn't even do anything wrong and that it's their job to "educate" everybody that thinks differently from them. This group is a subset of the first group. They're a lost cause, and are the reason that ours is the entitlement society that it is today.

Regardless of what you think about the event, it's been investigated by both the local police and social service agencies, and nothing has come of those investigations. Maybe you think this is a dangerous man, simply because of the tool he used to convey a message about responsibility and respect, but the authorities disagree, and it's their opinions that matter.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I would have sold the laptop on ebay. What a moron, no wonder his kid has no respect for him.

Your children are a reflection of you.
of course you would have
I think he did GREAT!
I wish more parents taught their kids what happens when they act like jerks!
I loved it and I bet the little brat will think different about
going on Face Book with the lap top her parents bought for her and ***** about having to do chores!
she will be lucky if she is SMART enough to be a reflection of her dad!

Old 02-13-2012, 05:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
I see nothing wrong with the Dad's actions. I bet his daughter is mortified, as she should be, and as was intended.

I hope he follows through with not buying her a phone, laptop, Ipod, etc. ever again. If she wants it, she can buy it. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
This thread is interesting. It's really brought out some fascinating psychological traits in some of our posters.
Excellent post.

Though you forgot about the part where when men start arguing about their guns it usually deteriorates to, "Oh yeah? Well, mine's bigger!" (Personally I've found that people who really understand weapons and their use seldom feel the need to share their exploits.)

Old 02-13-2012, 05:50 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I see nothing wrong with the Dad's actions. I bet his daughter is mortified, as she should be, and as was intended.

I hope he follows through with not buying her a phone, laptop, Ipod, etc. ever again. If she wants it, she can buy it. I see nothing wrong with that at all.
yeah. here's an idea.... He could have just done that without shooting up stuff, then posting it to facebook.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:51 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,534 times

Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen (Response) - YouTube

2nd one is a lil more in your face, but well done. NSFW - language

Parents Like This **** Me Off... - YouTube

Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Excellent post.

Though you forgot about the part where when men start arguing about their guns it usually deteriorates to, "Oh yeah? Well, mine's bigger!" (Personally I've found that people who really understand weapons and their use seldom feel the need to share their exploits.)
Peter's Long red car....... and tunnel - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies