Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 05:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times

Advertisements

I have been on both sides of the fear of weapons. My step farther used belts and sticks as weapons to make me think and be like him. I was terrified of him and his weapons. They HURT.

His program worked and I became like him. When I grew from a weak 100 lb kid into 150 lbs of muscle and meanness he found out how well I learned. I frightened him even worse than he did me. Then I went to the Graduate School of Terror called 'Nam. I learned even more. It has taken a very long time to unlearn the nastier parts.

This jerk shooting the PC should not be allowed anywhere near children or guns for that matter. It is difficult enough being a child without being terrified of a parent. I do not understand why anyone needs to use force to "discipline" a child that already loves them? How weak is this guy? Is he a total fool or just a chronic drunk?

Anger and frustration are never a reason to shoot anything. Hunting, self defense, war and target practice are the only reasons for using a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Lol, we're also known for our great hunt of 1818.

Hinckley Hunt - Ohio History Central - A product of the Ohio Historical Society

Early Hinckley settlers waged war against wildlife - The Post Newspapers (http://thepostnewspapers.com/great-hinckley-hunt-EM-12-24--studor- - broken link)

I seldom talk about our little town, trying to keep it to ourselves I guess. Yes, it is a great place.

Love Hinckley. It's secluded, small, yet a hop skip and a jump from the big city. I used hang out at Whips Ledges all the time back in the day.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times
Some need to quit projecting their fears and personal situations onto this father.

This jerk,.... should not be allowed anywhere near children or guns for that matter. It is difficult enough being a child without being terrified of a parent. I do not understand why anyone needs to use force to "discipline" a child that already loves them? How weak is this guy? Is he a total fool or just a chronic drunk?

The father has written about the incident and has posted it for all to see.

Dad who shot daughter's laptop over Facebook post 'won't let the family gain from new-found fame' | Mail Online

Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
It is HIS fault. LOL but not how you think. Anyone wanna bet its one hot headed loon begetting a female hot headed loon. He just strikes me as one of those crazy ones and Im betting it runs in the family.

Hint to the kid: Never fight in unfavorable terrain. Its his house he has ALL the advantages.

He should have just sold it off in front of her. Yes it is his to destroy but I cant stand people being wasteful. That laptop was probably far far better than whay my wife is stuck with. (9 years old).

Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
now the teen fears her father.
You're proving me right, every time you post.

You're making an assumption about how the girl feels, based on your own fear of an inanimate object. You know nothing about this family other than you've seen online in the last few days. How could you possibly know what the girl is thinking?

We talked with our 18 & 16 year old boys about this, and asked them specifically if they thought that the father had done anything wrong, or if they would be fearful of us (my girl shoots, too) if we had done the same thing. They both agreed that it sucked that the girl lost her laptop, but she shouldn't have done what she did, and she did deserve to lose it. Neither of them saw the "how" of her losing her laptop as a threatening action, just as any sane person that doesn't have an unfounded fear of guns would.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:48 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I did not think you could back up anything you stated...
You're a 10-66 to me too Chuck.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
We talked with our 18 & 16 year old boys about this, and asked them specifically if they thought that the father had done anything wrong, or if they would be fearful of us (my girl shoots, too) if we had done the same thing. They both agreed that it sucked that the girl lost her laptop, but she shouldn't have done what she did, and she did deserve to lose it. Neither of them saw the "how" of her losing her laptop as a threatening action, just as any sane person that doesn't have an unfounded fear of guns would.
Well there you go, case is settled, the guy was in the right.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
You're a 10-66 to me too Chuck.

Thanks for proving my point!!

Quote:
I did not think you could back up anything you stated...

Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
yep, Small Town, Big Hearts. equal distance to Akron and Cleveland, we worked in both many years.

my wife's parents almost bought here in the late 1940's and the wife came here all the time, she never imagined we'd live here, much less on 9 acres of sugar bush.

they had family reunions at the apple orchard that recently filled in the pond in front, she has a great story about her dad "finding" his beer keg floating in the pond....

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Love Hinckley. It's secluded, small, yet a hop skip and a jump from the big city. I used hang out at Whips Ledges all the time back in the day.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thanks for proving my point!!
10-23 Hang on for the ride!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies