Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 04:20 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Where did this guy learn his disciplinary techniques, from Yosemite Sam?

Wild West Dance - YouTube

Some of us spent part of our Saturday mornings laughing at Yosemite Sam and, clearly, some others saw him as a role model.

This thread is a reminder of a world of rednecks out there that can't be reasoned with and are not even on my radar 99% of the time. I see they've re-loaded and are back in full force at the crest of the hill.

I've spent four decades of adult life with a tug-of-war in my head about gun control, seeing valid points on both sides of the debate. Threads like these are a big help in resolving the dichotomy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 04:23 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Yikes....you're sounding very threatening. I guess it's OK to actually threaten a person but not so much a computer.
Thank you! You proved a point to me. I'm just talking. Well, I'm not even talking because you can't hear my voice. I also said nothing insulting or even typed any swearing. I just have the abilty to gain control of a situation and make a point. I don't need a gun to do it. I also don't stutter..babababababa.. because am not afraid of a 15 year old little girl!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Some of us spent part of our Saturday mornings laughing at Yosemite Sam and, clearly, some others saw him as a role model.

This thread is a reminder of a world of rednecks out there that can't be reasoned with and are not even on my radar 99% of the time. I see they've re-loaded and are back in full force at the crest of the hill.

I've spent four decades of adult life with a tug-of-war in my head about gun control, seeing valid points on both sides of the debate. Threads like these are a big help in resolving the dichotomy.

I also spent many years watching cartoons but my parents helped me realize the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, and the world isn't always fair.

I was taught to treat others the way I would like to be treated myself but that not everyone in the world is the same so I won't always agree with everyone. Not everyone will like me but that doesn't mean that I'm good and they are bad...it also doesn't mean I'm always right and when someone disagrees with me they are wrong.

I always thought that was tolerance. I'm now learning that people also have different perspectives on what that really is.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:31 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
The point being this guy is lucky he wasn't arrested.
For what?

Quote:
I doubt he's off the radar even if he wasn't. You don't do something like that. You just don't!
You said it, so it must be true....

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the Dad carrying that gun in front of his daughter or other kids. The turning point was drawing it from the holster and firing it in an effort to discipline his daughter and her friends.
Tell us why? Can you. or able to inform us?

Quote:
You can be arrested for that you know.
Well, it's obvious he was not, so you must be wrong.....but you must be used to that...

Quote:
Why he wasn't is beyond me.
Common sense....

Quote:
At the very least had his license to carry suspended...if he even had one to start with. I personally don't think so.
Please tell us why....

Quote:
No one with a valid one would have been so retarded and careless with it.
What a great comment coming from a "gun guy."

How laughable it is, what you wrote, so please, tell us what law's he broke? Please enlighten us with your knowledge.

He was not arrested....cause guess what....he broke no laws....but that is common sense thinking....something that is extremely lacking in this thread....

Arrested for what again.....

Quote:
I'm just talking. Well, I'm not even talking because you can't hear my voice.!
And people are agreeing with this person..Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

Old 02-14-2012, 04:35 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Also for the record, I've never seen anyone who owned and fired their own weapons who "don't talk about it" or "don't like to". It's not bragging. It's calling BS! Try again folks!
On this I absolutely agree. My guns aren't trophies, and I LOVE going to the range. Sometimes we get some friends together and go as a group, and have dinner afterwards, before going home and cleaning everything. (I actually had a guy at one range ask my if my weapons were brand new, and was shocked to find out that I have put thousands of rounds through them.)

Believe it or not, most gun owners, especially those of us who have been armed due to our jobs, really can in many cases, pick out those who are bs'ing.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
For what?

You said it, so it must be true....

Tell us why? Can you. or able to inform us?

Well, it's obvious he was not, so you must be wrong.....but you must be used to that...

Common sense....

Please tell us why....

What a great comment coming from a "gun guy."

How laughable it is, what you wrote, so please, tell us what law's he broke? Please enlighten us with your knowledge.

He was not arrested....cause guess what....he broke no laws....but that is common sense thinking....something that is extremely lacking in this thread....

Arrested for what again.....

And people are agreeing with this person..Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a
I'll give you another freebee on me Chuck. I have to stop this coaching you along stuff for things you SHOULD already know. It's becoming tiresome. "Si vis pacem para bellum". You figure it out.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
On this I absolutely agree. My guns aren't trophies, and I LOVE going to the range. Sometimes we get some friends together and go as a group, and have dinner afterwards, before going home and cleaning everything. (I actually had a guy at one range ask my if my weapons were brand new, and was shocked to find out that I have put thousands of rounds through them.)

Believe it or not, most gun owners, especially those of us who have been armed due to our jobs, really can in many cases, pick out those who are bs'ing.
You know you made it when the first thing out of the persons mouth whom you haven't seen in a year is..."what have you bought lately?" The conversations of firearms comes up DAILY some where, some how, some way. It just does!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:44 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

LOL I did have images of Yosemite Sam in my mind and find myself saying "I say, I say I say!"

However I don't thik this is a redneck thing.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:57 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,339 times
Quote:
Thank you! You proved a point to me. I'm just talking. Well, I'm not even talking because you can't hear my voice. I also said nothing insulting or even typed any swearing. I just have the abilty to gain control of a situation and make a point. I don't need a gun to do it. I also don't stutter..babababababa.. because am not afraid of a 15 year old little girl!

If you think I proved your point that's fine by me because you obviously have to have control. That's why you nearly hijacked the tread with the my gun is bigger than your gun gibberish. I couldn't care less if you have a concealed carry, it means nothing to me and doesn't make anyone special. But YES youv'e told me about it and that I shouldn't forget it so I'll try to remember since it's important to you.

You may not be afraid of a fifteen year old girl but you sure did make a spectacle of your arsenal. I'm hoping it's just because you are proud of what belongs to you, and you have a right to do whatever you want with what belongs to you, short of harming someone.

The focus of the video is the computer!!!! The focus of your posts is your guns!

Repeatedly showing your arms and stressing that you have a concealed carry could be misconstrued by some as threatening I suppose. Especially people that would see a man shooting a computer after he had already claimed he would shoot the computer, as a threatening gesture, IMO.

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 02-14-2012 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: add

Old 02-14-2012, 05:16 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Shooting a perfectly good laptop online while shouting your daughter's name and acting unhinged is an irresponsible action. It shows a severe lack of control and it would be difficult to respect someone who does something like that.
Did you even actually WATCH the video?? Cuz not only was he NOT shouting his daughters name, he wasn't acting unhinged at all! He was extremely calm (much more so than I would have been) and speaking clearly, calmly and directly to his daughter. There was no lack of control in anything he said or did.

I think you loonies see a gun and freak out and forget to watch everything else that was going on before and after the gun. IF you watched it at all.

There are a lot of people on this thread that either do NOT have kids at all, don't have teens, or are raising a self centered, irresponsible, disrespectful child who will only be able to come to you or the government for support because they will NOT know how the real world works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies