Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
What I'm seeing from most of the folks who think that the father did something wrong is an obvious fear of guns. Just the mere sight of one - even on an Internet video - intimidates them. These people can't grasp the concept that a gun is nothing more than a tool, and have humanized the tool in their minds as something evil and to be feared. Because the father used a gun, they see what he did as a threat to the daughter's life. Had he used a hammer, .
I don't fear guns, I fear the person holding the gun, and now the teen fears her father. I'm pretty sure if the guy used an ax or a butcher knife it would have been just as disturbing, do we fear axes also? Ever see "The Shining"? Your love of guns has clouded your judgement. This is not an anti-gun argument, it's an anti-nut argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I see nothing wrong with the Dad's actions. I bet his daughter is mortified, as she should be, and as was intended.
Thanks for proving my point. Nothing like some good old initimidation when it comes to child rearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 06:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yep.

BTW: Every time I see your posts I launch into "When the buzzards come back to Hin-kley O-HIIII-O!" Great little town you've got there.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:36 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Excellent post.

Though you forgot about the part where when men start arguing about their guns it usually deteriorates to, "Oh yeah? Well, mine's bigger!" (Personally I've found that people who really understand weapons and their use seldom feel the need to share their exploits.)
You would be wrong. I have a bunch of posts up to prove it. I see nothing from the others. You can catch them in guns and hunting!

Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
(Personally I've found that people who really understand weapons and their use seldom feel the need to share their exploits.)
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, nope, he is exactly correct...

And you proved it!

Hahahaaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
You would be wrong. I have a bunch of posts up to prove it. I see nothing from the others. You can catch them in guns and hunting!
woooooooooooooooooo, your funny sam...

Quote:
You can catch them in guns and hunting
Your posting in guns and hunting is getting pretty big.so you must be "them guys."

Old 02-13-2012, 07:00 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
After reading through the entire thread I finally went back and watched the video. I can't believe that people made this sound as if he was threatening his daughters and her friends with a weapon. That did not happen. He also, had just spent a half day fixing this very computer FOR his daughter after she had abused her privledges on it in the past. He also paid for new software to make it better for her.

After doing this, his daughter repays him by going online and not only talks bad about her family but also a woman that comes in and cleans to repay a debt. And after bad mothing the cleaning woman, she complains that she has to sweep the floor, turn on the dishwasher, wipe the counter, make her bed and do her own laundry. She has to go to bed at 10 because she is exhausted from these chores? Really??

It was also stated that this man was shaking with rage. At what point? I didn't see that at all.

What I saw was a father saying that he would no longer allow his daughter to use HIS computer to put down people that have supported her in her life and he would destroy his own property before having it used against him. He did not threaten and was not threatening. He exercized his right to do what he wanted with his own property.

And to the poster that suggested a book deal...he has turned down all interviews and has turned this into a fundraiser for muscular dystrophy.

And to Dew Drop In....I agree!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, nope, he is exactly correct...

And you proved it!

Hahahaaaaaa

woooooooooooooooooo, your funny sam...

Your posting in guns and hunting is getting pretty big.so you must be "them guys."
I'm glad you feel special Chuck. Echo Tango Uniform!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:24 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Quote:
You missed mine then -
Attachment 90945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Fine, so you know I am an honest person also, here are 2 of mine, a 6906, and a P345. Just take for granted, there are more, including several gerber MK I's, a Gerber MK II that my daughter just figured out isn't cheap, a pair of Fairbairn-Sykes V3's, and other assorted items.

Also note, trigger locks, (the type that cannot be moved), and the weapons are clean as I clean them weekly and my choice of ammo that I use if needed to protect my home

BTW, chucksnee, a High Point? Really? ick....
Click on the attachment

Attachment 90945

Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You missed mine then -
Attachment 90945
I saw them. Some posters like to play "my bike is cooler than your bike" without backing any of it up!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Quote:
Yep.

BTW: Every time I see your posts I launch into "When the buzzards come back to Hin-kley O-HIIII-O!" Great little town you've got there.
Lol, we're also known for our great hunt of 1818.

Hinckley Hunt - Ohio History Central - A product of the Ohio Historical Society

http://thepostnewspapers.com/great-hinckley-hunt-EM-12-24--studor- (broken link)

I seldom talk about our little town, trying to keep it to ourselves I guess. Yes, it is a great place.

Last edited by buzzards27; 02-13-2012 at 07:45 PM..

Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
I'm glad you feel special Chuck. Echo Tango Uniform!

I did not think you could back up anything you stated...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies