Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,958,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Don't blame progressiveness, blame Obama

Is this a new Progressive mandate?

As long as Progressivism advocates for the rights of the collective over the rights of the individual, I'll blame whomever I damned well please.

All in all I ain't just another brick in the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 03:24 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,698,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
This mom packs her daughter's lunch. It is a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with a banana and apple juice. (I used to get bologna on white bread, soda and Twinkees)
The State's agent inspects the lunchbox and tells the little girl her lunch does not meet the States criteria. Are you kidding me?
If you like this kind of government control vote for Obama.
Preschooler’s Homemade Lunch Replaced with Cafeteria “Nuggets”
This is what the master minds like Michelle Obama want. You may be competent enough to vote for Obama, but you are not competent enough to pack a lunch for your own child.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:29 PM

638 posts, read 931,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
One kids lunch should not be altered to suit the special needs of another.
When special needs can equate to death they do. Looking only at peanut allergies here the allergic reaction that a person can have can prove lethal. As most know, many potato chip brands utilize some sort of peanut oil in the processing of their products. As such many school districts are careful in curtailing such allergens today, and who is to blame them, we after all live in an extremely litigious society.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,563,129 times
Curiously, I can find literally no confirmation of this story, anywhere. What little is out there basically is a regurgitation of the original story linked above. There is nothing else, not even on the school or school district websites.

Have we all been had?

Old 02-14-2012, 03:51 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,539,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
When special needs can equate to death they do. Looking only at peanut allergies here the allergic reaction that a person can have can prove lethal. As most know, many potato chip brands utilize some sort of peanut oil in the processing of their products. As such many school districts are careful in curtailing such allergens today, and who is to blame them, we after all live in an extremely litigious society.
If a child is that allergic then it is the responsibility of the parent to see that their child does not take in what is harmful. In no way, shape, form or fashion should it effect child a.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:52 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,539,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Curiously, I can find literally no confirmation of this story, anywhere. What little is out there basically is a regurgitation of the original story linked above. There is nothing else, not even on the school or school district websites.

Have we all been had?

The school districts can not speak on it, as they know they would be in deep dodo if they gave away the child's identity. It has been on several news outlets today.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:57 PM

1,187 posts, read 997,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
There would be one less child enrolled in that school the very next day, if this were my family.
I was just going to say.... yet ANOTHER reason to homeschool! I can not imagine what I would do if someone had the gall to tell my child the lunch that I sent with her was not "good enough".

Old 02-14-2012, 04:06 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,310,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
The school districts can not speak on it, as they know they would be in deep dodo if they gave away the child's identity. It has been on several news outlets today.
Same one source though, doesn't matter if a million news outlets report it.
I could give a CRAP about the childs identity. Tell me who the "government inspector" is. There is no privacy in news, if it is real the names will come out. If they don't, it didn't happen.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,644,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This is what the master minds like Michelle Obama want. You may be competent enough to vote for Obama, but you are not competent enough to pack a lunch for your own child.
LOL! Tis true, sadly true. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Runner Up for Post of the Day Award!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,310,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
LOL! Tis true, sadly true. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Runner Up for Post of the Day Award!
Your standards are pretty low. The "michelle obama" angle is kind of played out and not even relevant except in the minds of idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies