Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 AM

592 posts, read 414,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So now the faculty are against their own policy? It's pretty sad. Isn't there enough sex and violence on TV and in the media? Now even the education system is infected! But why was there any need to pass a law then?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
So now the faculty are against their own policy? It's pretty sad. Isn't there enough sex and violence on TV and in the media? Now even the education system is infected! But why was there any need to pass a law then?
This is the part that confuses me as well, since there are 27 other states that have similiar laws. The only thing that I can think of is for the sense of consistency

Old 03-08-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
This is the part that confuses me as well, since there are 27 other states that have similiar laws. The only thing that I can think of is for the sense of consistency
I think the left wants to regulate everything by passing laws. So that's what they do. It's ingrained in them. More laws, more regulations. It makes them feel they are good people when they abide by the laws they create. They are actually establishing their own moral law using the govenment. The government isn't supposed to be able to do that. It's UnConstitutional to say the least.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:34 AM

The godless are simply establishing themselves in the only way they know how - by passing laws. Everybody is supposed to think they are good because they follow the laws they create. This is truly an evil and adulterous generation.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Here is a simple solution. TURN THE CHANNEL! If you don't like what you're hearing then it's that easy! I don't care for the guy, but again that's the beauty of a radio, it has a tuner. Same with tv. Don't like it? Don't watch it! The remote is your friend!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM

576 posts, read 586,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
I'm honestly surprised that UNC would sponsor him in the first place. You'd think they would steer clear of all things political to keep from alienating alumni donors.
Chapel Hill is a VERY liberal town.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
The godless are simply establishing themselves in the only way they know how - by passing laws. Everybody is supposed to think they are good because they follow the laws they create. This is truly an evil and adulterous generation.
You just now realize this? I guess 200 years ago when slavery was in full affect your founding fathers never thought of this. So now 200 years later all of the sudden you expect the politicians to have a sense of righteousness? You are truely a dreamer

Old 03-08-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I think the left wants to regulate everything by passing laws. So that's what they do. It's ingrained in them. More laws, more regulations. It makes them feel they are good people when they abide by the laws they create. They are actually establishing their own moral law using the govenment. The government isn't supposed to be able to do that. It's UnConstitutional to say the least.
I guess that equality is something that comes natural eh? Let me remind you without regulations your republican "demi-gods" the koch-head brothers would have you breathing through a gas mask and drinking water through purifiers because they would pollute the heck out of the air/water to make a buck. Without regulations companies would be able to sell medications that practically kill you rather than cure you.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Passing laws is unconstitutional? News to me.

And stop this rant implying that conservatives are morally superior to liberals. Conservatives pass laws that intrude upon the States when it furthers their ideology. The Republican House, Senate and President made a big point to yank jurisdiction from Florida's courts in the matter of Terri Schiavo. Conservatives argue against it but do it when it is convenient.

The federal courts ruled the bill unconstitutional.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,686 times
Quote:
I'm honestly surprised that UNC would sponsor him in the first place. You'd think they would steer clear of all things political to keep from alienating alumni donors.
What does a sports show have to do with politics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies