Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 09:27 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Sponsoring a show where millions of potential customers are called sluts and prostitutes isn`t a good business move.We`re seeing the rational response of the free market not a liberal plot and I suspect that soon Rush won`t have any sponsors other than gold and gun dealers.
No company wants their product to have controversial or negative connotations. Companies spend billions of dollars and years building up an image, they are very protective of it.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
Someone should call up the advertisers and whine, "Moommm........ this isn't fair! The Left does it too!" Let's see how far that will get you.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Half of which get their money back in returns. Those evil "rich people" pay more in terms of actual dollars. You know, REAL money. Not some silly percentage crap.
Federal income taxes are not the only taxes you know. The wealthiest Americans pay more in actual dollars because they have more. Do you really expect someone who makes $40,000 a year to pay $50,000 in taxes?? Explain how that would be possible.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Now 20 sponsors have ceased advertising on the Limbaugh show. Let this be a warning to any Republicans or right-wingers who fail to respect women and women's rights!
YEAH!! Call someone a derogatory name and you should lose your job, license, respect, house, income, heck, why not life?

People today are such weaklings with their faux outrage over something someone said. Limbaugh called a woman a name. He was VERY stupid for doing so and he should know better, however, I don't think he cares. He's the one laughing right now while all you people are faking your actual interest in Ms. Fluke's little ordeal.

Anyway, advertisers are only pulling from the show because of money. It's their right to do so. I guess corporations aren't so evil, are they?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 AM

875 posts, read 1,162,686 times
Quote:
I don't think it's anyone's intent to get into a liberal vs. conservative political battle on this forum.
My intent was to show the double standard at work, nothing more.

Quote:
Although I can't speak for the OP I would think that the intent of the post was that you should not call a women "****" or "*****" on a nationally syndicated program; even if it is satire.
Agreed, nor should you call women such things on national TV which has been par for the course on the networks I mentioned. It is either always offensive or never offensive, you can't pick and choose. Therefore, those lining up against Rush should also line up against the channels I mentioned where similar and worse statements were made.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 AM

328 posts, read 767,357 times
If you think that was a serious apology instead of a "CYA" because he was losing sponsors, well, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You know what? These advertisers don't realize they are turning their backs NOT ON LIMBAUGH, but on his audience, which is huge. That is, after all, how they choose where they advertise -- it's all based on the audience they want to reach, and the size of that audience. Just by the looks of some of the companies named, they realized that this is a huge, lucrative market.

I thought they were smarter than to walk away from that kind of market reach. Maybe they are just uninformed about this case, as so many here are. Maybe they're too easily swayed by liberal fury whipped up by those with an agenda. Maybe they have no backbone.

Maybe they don't need the money. Think about that next time you consider buying their products and giving them more money they don't need.

There aren't many hosts who carry that kind of influence with their listeners, and whose advertisers enjoy the loyalty of Rush's fans spilling over onto them just because they are heard on Rush's programs.

Not a smart move for anyone wanting market reach.
What do you think radio shows run on air, they need money and backing. Don Imus' original show lost all their backers when he made racial comments on his show, same with Nike dropping Tiger Woods.

If they lose their backers they will not be profitable, companies don't want their product associated with bad publicity, in this case the size of the audience is meaningless.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
These advertisers will soon realize that they have been played like a fiddle by leftist activists whose only purpose was to silence the free speech of one of their hated critics.

I doubt any who contacted these companies are actual customers. It's obvious they aren't even listeners of the Rush Limbaugh show. They only knew of his choice of words from the "watchdogs" whose only purpose in life is to monitor such shows, looking for the "golden opportunity" to rid the airwaves of conservative speech.

When these efforts are successful, America suffers.

Leftists hate free speech.
No, the Leftists are practicing free speech!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:39 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Say that when you or someone you love needs hormonal therapy for any one of a number of gynecological conditions...you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll feel that "b.c." needs to be higher on the list.
Birth control pills are $9 at Walmart, go stock up on a year's worth for just a tad over $100.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:39 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
[quote=theroc5156;23282838]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This is how Romney and Obama have provided similar propositions. Of course, Romney has flip-flopped on it.

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So increasing taxes on those that already pay taxes is how it's to be funded.

It worked for Romney in Massachusetts, and those of us who pay taxes
are already paying for the House and Senate to enjoy the benefits of such a system. Are they more deserving than the rest of us for access to quality care? You don't object to them having that perquisite that you're
paying into? That the richest country on Earth can look away from the 50 million who work hard yet can't afford health coverage is obscene. If paying more will force insurers to pay when needed instead of denying
payment based on a physician or surgeon not being in one's "tier," or
guarantee that no child, elderly person or those in poverty will have access to quality care, it's worth it. But we digress...Rush is the topic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies