Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:25 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times

Advertisements

Post this fact. Proof that this is has been the work of the "Anti-American Left".

Prove that or you, sir, have no point to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 01:06 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,463,479 times
Yeah, what if the perp(s) is too young to vote? (likely) Is it still meaningful to characterize the vandalism as an "act of the Left"?

Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times
Default National Park Service Are Doing A Good Job Trying To Clean The Vietnam Veterans Memorial WALL in Washington DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
The National Park Service Still Has Not Released Their Findings On Their Investigation Of The Defacement Of The Vietnam Veterans Memorial WALL in Washington DC.
(Checkout the pictures at the next link to see if it was Anti-War/PEACE Protestors' Desecration or a NPS Cleaning Accident.)
Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)

Personally, I strongly feel that the National Park Service is aware that The Wall was desecrated by Anti-War/PEACE Protestors, but they did not want to release their findings prior to Anti-War Protestors meeting with Gathering of Eagles on this past Saturday, September 15, 2007.
This is just my opinion.
Jack

Florida EAGLES were at the wall on Thursday and Friday, explaining to visitors that the Wall was vandalized. Many who first saw the wall before talking to one of us thought the Wall was just dirty and unkept. The NPS workers told us when we first showed up at 1100 on Thursday that the Wall was vandalized by someone throwing an oily substance at the panels, granite curb and cobblestones. We also got to talk with the lady who was doing the chemical treatments to try and lift the oil off the granite curb. By Friday morning, they had pressure washed it for the 5th time, and I must say that it looked 95% better than what it looked like in the initial pictures.
None of the names were defaced in such a manner as to prevent getting etchings. The major problem now is with the oil that seeped into the etched names, which prevents them from standing out against the smooth black granite and near impossible to photograph.
There is a camera that has shots of the Wall and we were told by NPS that the DC Metro Police have the film. Personally I think it was one or more of the creeps on that DC Indymedia web site who have threatened the Wall in the past.
A visit to the Wall is always an emotional experience, especially for a Vietnam vet. I'm sitting here crying as I type this because I saw how wounded so many were when they came to visit and found out that their Wall had been vandalized. The raw emotion on the faces of men who saw the damage up close and personal is difficult to put into words. When they catch the jerks who did this, I hope they give him/her/them to the vets for justice.
I will agree that the NPS was probably holding off on publically announcing the damage because the EAGLES were headed to town. MilVets guarded the Wall Friday night until Sunday night I think.
Deborah
Gathering of Eagles Florida Coordinator
Gathering of Eagles

Old 09-18-2007, 08:08 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,550,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post

This thread is about America's radical Left's actions against America's honorable, brave men and women in uniform.
Or at least some folks' delusional fantasy thereof.

Date check -- this is 2007, not 1967.

Reset your system clock.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,074,203 times
You say to reset the clock. It's not 1967. It still is for some. You can't reset it. You can't get over it.

You go to work one day with 18 people. You get hit. The medic that is working on you is talking and then his head explodes. Then a buddy that has no medical experience other then basic first aid is plugging you with morphene or at least sprinkling powdered morphine on you. A huey comes in to get your sorry butt out of there. Only it's shot down. The second one comes in and is able to pick you up, and the other 2 surviving soldiers. But you were wounded so all you got to do is watch all of your buddy's wilt away under gun fire.

And you want one of us to reset the clock? Yeah, we can reset it to the day that we got out of the hospital and were ordered back to our unit only to find 15 new faces. All of them looking at you to lead them because you are a Veteran and know what it's like.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:36 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,550,601 times
Truly that was then, this is now. 40 years. 40. Count them with me.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 39, 40.

40 years. A whole new generation of Vietnamese have come up. They want to be like US. In that respect you won -- but not by fighting. A whole new generation of US kids have come up. None of them are against you, and most truly respect you. In that regard you have won the home front, as well.

There is not a some rabid left wanger conspiracy trying to take your honor or dis- *****- or anything else by messing with memorials. Things really have changed in the world outside during those 40 years. No one would tolerate that now, and the left does tend to be intelligent enough to know anything like would harm their causes.

I can see why you are torked by some of the same things going on then and now if one compares Vietnam to Iraq. Both were started by lies -- and both had innocent troops invoved in crazy things and untold killed and maimed innocent civies. Both were promoted further by larger lies -- but there was no Grand Commie Dominoes and there is no Grand Islamo-Fascist Global take-over. Those are all just lies promoted by nutcases and folks making bank off the deal.

Really it has been 40 years. Time to call a truce and make peace in your mind and soul while you still have some life left to enjoy. Life can be a happy place when we let it.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times
Default Desecration of At Least SEVEN Veterans Memorials Around The United States. Including the WALL

Desecration of At Least SEVEN Veterans Memorials Around The United States. Including the WALL Desecration of At Least SEVEN Veterans Memorials Around The United States. Including the WALL

One of the seven is an Iraq War Memorial that has been attacked twice already in July 2007.

Iraq War Memorial Vandalized
The Iraq War Memorial near Mt. Pleasant, Michigan was vandalized. The Iraq Memorial is at Island Park in Isabella county.

Police say that they don't believe that it was a 'hate crime', merely an 'anti-war crime'." Yeah, right.

This Iraq war memorial was vandalized twice in July. Someone torched the flag, bent the flag pole over, tore up the flowers left by the families for their loved ones, and caused "other destruction".

Police think the vandalism may have happened in two separate incidents, one earlier this month and another over the weekend.

The memorial was erected in 2005 for the Late LCPL Justin Ellsworth and all the men and women who have served and are serving in Iraq.

It was built with donations from the community.

Right Truth: Iraq War Memorial Vandalized

9&10 News: Iraq War Memorial Vandalized
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies