Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:42 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,312,066 times

Advertisements

There's a diffrence between anti-war and being anti-military. Anti-military, those that attack people that have served can burn in hell for all I care. I'm anti-iraq war since the beggining, cause all the reasons we invaded Iraq were actually true for Iran (You know, terrorism, WMD's, Dictator, regional instability, etc). But anyone that attacks someone else for serving the country... yeah.. i'll stop there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times
Default Vandalism Desecration Cowardice Coddling Enough Is Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Vietnam Memorial Wall In Washington DC Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007) Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)

The cowards sneek around at night just as terrorists do...

What do you think?
Vandals at the Wall: ANSWER is planning big anti-war demonstrations this weekend.

Michelle Malkin » Vandalism. Desecration. Cowardice. Coddling. Enough is enough.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:51 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,891,882 times
Default Our fallen soldiers tribute

After the discussion of this issue I remembered a quote from Winston Churchill in 1908 who said "What is the use of living if it be not to strive
for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those
who will live in it after we are gone?"

Anyone who would desecrate a memorial to our fallen soldiers should be given
a wrist band with those words enscribed and to wear it throughout their lifetime.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:42 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,433,153 times
Hope they catch the people who did it.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:59 PM

Default In both attacks, the tar and paint were aimed at the names of the town's war dead.

Quote:
Vietnam Memorial Wall In Washington DC Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007) Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)

The cowards sneak around at night just as terrorists do...

What do you think?
The National Park Service has not released the findings for its investigation yet. Hopefully, it will be released this week. They can not drag this out forever.

My hometown of Rosedale, Queens Has The Second Oldest Vietnam Veterans Memorial In America. It Was Dedicated On Memorial Day 1968
The*Spirit*Lives*On

It was built right after the TET Offensive of 1968.

There's a nice story behind the Memorial and an interesting and stormy history. When I was in Vietnam living and serving (24/7) in a Vietnamese peasant-farming village, the Rosedale Memorial was attacked by tar and paint, twice within a month. In both attacks, the tar and paint were aimed at the names of the town's war dead. Destruction You can see some pictures and read an article at: Destruction

The Memorial is still there and will be 40 years old on Memorial Day 2008.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Absolutely Unbelievable... Yeah this country is headed in a more progressive direction....
Maybe they should install cameras. I'll bet people would donate money for them too.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:09 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,550,601 times
Quote:
The National Park Service has not released the findings for its investigation yet. Hopefully, it will be released this week. They can not drag this out forever.

My hometown of Rosedale, Queens Has The Second Oldest Vietnam Veterans Memorial In America. It Was Dedicated On Memorial Day 1968
The*Spirit*Lives*On

It was built right after the TET Offensive of 1968.

There's a nice story behind the Memorial and an interesting and stormy history. When I was in Vietnam living and serving (24/7) in a Vietnamese peasant-farming village, the Rosedale Memorial was attacked by tar and paint, twice within a month. In both attacks, the tar and paint were aimed at the names of the town's war dead. Destruction You can see some pictures and read an article at: Destruction

The Memorial is still there and will be 40 years old on Memorial Day 2008.

Yep, 40 years is long time.

I guess you have heard the phrase, "that was then, this is now?"

A lot has changed in that time, some has not.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:

The cowards sneek around at night just as terrorists do...

What do you think?
The National Park Service Still Has Not Released Their Findings On Their Investigation Of The Defacement Of The Vietnam Veterans Memorial WALL in Washington DC.
(Checkout the pictures at the next link to see if it was Anti-War/PEACE Protestors' Desecration or a NPS Cleaning Accident.)
Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)

Personally, I strongly feel that the National Park Service is aware that The Wall was desecrated by Anti-War/PEACE Protestors, but they did not want to release their findings prior to Anti-War Protestors meeting with Gathering of Eagles on this past Saturday, September 15, 2007.
This is just my opinion.
Jack

Old 09-17-2007, 02:59 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,192 times
Please stop this now. Pleas stop equating anti-war with anti-military. It's what scum does that doesn't have a defense for bad policies (which is why wingnuts often make the charge).

Old 09-17-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Park Police Say Memorial Was Vandalized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Please stop this now. Pleas stop equating anti-war with anti-military. It's what scum does that doesn't have a defense for bad policies (which is why wingnuts often make the charge).
Just Announced:

Park Police Say Memorial Was Vandalized
washingtonpost.com washingtonpost.com

By Michael E. Ruane
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, September 17, 2007; 2:32 PM

The unidentified substance that was found splashed on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial earlier this month was the result of vandalism, the U.S. Park Police said today.

Sgt. Robert Lachance, a spokesman for the Park Police, said the investigation into the incident is continuing, but the detective on the case had ruled it an act of vandalism. Lachance said he could provide no more details because the probe is still underway.

washingtonpost.com washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies