Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,550,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
What ever turns out, this topic is getting a good number of visitors and it's not really in the news yet. Yesterday, the website: Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007) had over 20,000 hits.

Paris Hilton gets a good number of vistors, too.

And you are acting about as silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 11:49 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times
Default Watch the video and you decide if this is a NPS cleaning accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Vietnam Memorial Wall In Washington DC Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007) Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)

The cowards sneek around at night just as terrorists do...

What do you think?
Watch the video and you decide if this is a NPS cleaning accident: Eagles Up! - Stains of Shame

Old 09-11-2007, 11:53 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,549 times
Whoever did that should be sent to live in maybe Dafur or China. Those photos of war protesters look scary with the masks, like terrorist cowards.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Ok, Cap. Followed your link about CodePink vandalizing something... and the article was NOT about Code Pink vandalizing something. It was about unknown vandals hitting a congressman's office with red paint. From THAT you get Code Pink vandalizing a war memorial?

Come on, Cap. Come on.
CarolinaBredChicagoan: You Confused...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan
I'm familar with Code Pink. You said they vandalized something. What did they vandalize? I'm genuinely curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan
What'd Code Pink do? Is that the time they dressed up the sailor? Did that do any long-term damage?

Are you part of CODE PINK?

You Never Answered This Question. If you are not a member of CODE PINK, do you support them?

Old 09-12-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Four members of the anti-war group CODEPINK were arrested

Anti-war protesters arrested at Pelosi’s office
TheHill.com - Anti-war protesters arrested at Pelosi’s office
By Chris Good
March 22, 2007
Four members of the anti-war group CODEPINK were arrested outside the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) Thursday afternoon, following an announcement that they would seek to take over the office.
The group’s members had planned to hold a symbolic “Pin the war on the Donkey†demonstration at Pelosi’s office to show their frustration with the Democratic leadership’s inaction on ending the war in Iraq.

However, Capitol Police prevented the taping of a drawn donkey to the wall.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Code Pink's war protest jams bridge traffic

Code Pink's war protest jams bridge traffic
Staff Report
Marin Independent Journal - Code Pink's war protest jams bridge traffic
Marin Independent Journal
Article Launched:09/22/2006 12:38:00 AM PDT

About 50 anti-war protesters clad in pink made their way onto the Golden Gate Bridge flashing peace signs, waving banners and slowing traffic Thursday morning.
The anti-war group Code Pink staged the protest as part of International Peace Day.

The group applied for a permit to march on the bridge between 10 a.m. and noon, outside of commute hours, bridge officials said.

But the group arrived by 7:30 a.m. on both sides of the bridge and began walking toward the center of the span on the east sidewalk.

By about 8:50 a.m., they met at midspan, pulled out banners and began waving them, which they agreed not to as part of the permit arrangement, officials said.

The group also waved at drivers, which slowed traffic on northbound approaches. Bridge officials opened a third lane going northbound to ease traffic.

The protesters left the span about 10 a.m., officials said.

- Mark Prado

Old 09-12-2007, 12:16 AM

Default CODE PINK organizes the protests at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.

Anti-War Protests Target Wounded at Army Hospital -- 08/25/2005 (broken link)
Anti-War Protests Target Wounded at Army Hospital
By Marc Morano
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
August 25, 2005

See Marc Morano's Video Report

Washington (CNSNews.com) - The Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., the current home of hundreds of wounded veterans from the war in Iraq, has been the target of weekly anti-war demonstrations since March. The protesters hold signs that read "Maimed for a Lie" and "Enlist here to die for Halliburton."

The anti-war demonstrators, who obtain their protest permits from the Washington, D.C., police department, position themselves directly in front of the main entrance to the Army Medical Center, which is located in northwest D.C., about five miles from the White House.

Among the props used by the protesters are mock caskets, lined up on the sidewalk to represent the death toll in Iraq.

Code Pink Women for Peace, one of the groups backing anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan's vigil outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, organizes the protests at Walter Reed as well.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:23 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times
To answer your question, no, I am not a part of Code Pink. First, they are women and I am a man. That pretty much puts me right out. I also find them kind of annoying.

When I initially asked you what they vandalized, I really wanted to know because I was prepared to blast their vandalism. It was only later that I realized that they hadn't vandalized anything. Why accuse them of doing something they didn't do? Why not just blast the things they actually HAVE done? There's plenty to criticize. No need to exaggerate.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:28 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,550,601 times
So let's see if I follow this.

Your real complaint is with "Code Pink?"

And "Code Pink" is against Pelosi, and against the war?

But no where in there is Code Pink saying anything against Vets or soldiers?

Is that all correct?

But you want to wrap all the anti-war stuff as some sort attack on Vets and troops, including a totally unrelated issue with Vietnam Memorial?

Looks like you are the one pimping the Vets and troops for your agenda.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Code Pink Leader Gives Support To Terrorists In Iraq

CODE PINK LEADER GIVES SUPPORT TO TERRORISTS IN IRAQ
Sunday, June 26, 2005 | Kristinn

CODE PINK LEADER GIVES SUPPORT TO TERRORISTS IN IRAQ
Posted on 06/26/2005 4:05:03 PM PDT by kristinn

Code Pink leader Jodie Evans, in a blog posted from the World Tribunal on Iraq, today gave her open support to the terrorists in Iraq who are killing American soldiers and Iraqis

While some may wonder, "is this news?" it is, indeed. Code Pink has been very careful over the past three years to maintain a front of being a peace group. In fact, it's complete name is Code Pink Women for Peace. The veil slipped when co-leader Medea Benjamin shot her mouth off in Jordan last December when she proclaimed the group was giving $600,000 in cash and aid to the families of "the other side" in Fallujah.

Recently, Code Pink has been holding weekly Friday night vigils at the main gate to Walter Reed Army Medical Center to express their phony support for the men and women recuperating from their war wounds. I wonder how the soldiers and families at Walter Reed will take the news that the pink sign holding people have given their support to the terrorists in Iraq.

The D.C. Chapter will be sure to tell them at our next patriotic counter-demonstration there.

Here are Jodie Evans' remarks, preserved for posterity:

We must begin by really standing with the Iraqi people and their right to resist. I can remain myself against all forms of violence, and yet I cannot judge what someone has to do when pushed to the wall to protect all they love. What does the Iraqi resistance have to lose? They are fighting for their country, to protect their families and to preserve all they love. They are fighting for their lives, and we are fighting for lies. It is so amazingly obvious; we must get out of Iraq now. They will rebuild their country, it will take time, a long time, but they cannot start until we are gone.

Source link. CODEPINK*:*World Tribunal on Iraq
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies