Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Ummm....no, actually, the CBS report was factual, the source was a forged document (likely cleverly planted by a Rove surrogate) that was designed expressly to kill the story of Bush being AWOL. That Mary Mapes was immediately fired and Rather also let go prematurely for something FOX does on a regular basis (make mistakes using bogus sources) only reinforces how a corporate media will go after those who are in bed with the propagandists, like the Bush family

FOX didn't get sh*t right, but no use beating my head against a brick wall here.
The bolded part .... really? Maybe, I wouldn't put it past Rove, but when you get into conspiratorial thinking like that, you need hard evidence. Like you, I have zero interest in arguing about something from 2004. I'm not a fan of Fox. Its slant is obvious. It's not ran by the CIA though or any other national intelligence agency. So there's that.

I think the fact that CBS let Mapes and Rather go show that they are more dedicated to journalistic integrity than Fox. Fox is by far the worst player in the US media, and it has unfortunately been a trendsetter, dragging other news outlets down with it. MSNBC is little better than Fox these days. CNN is still better than Fox, but it's not as good as it used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The bolded part .... really? Maybe, I wouldn't put it past Rove, but when you get into conspiratorial thinking like that, you need hard evidence. Like you, I have zero interest in arguing about something from 2004. I'm not a fan of Fox. Its slant is obvious. It's not ran by the CIA though or any other national intelligence agency. So there's that.

I think the fact that CBS let Mapes and Rather go show that they are more dedicated to journalistic integrity than Fox. Fox is by far the worst player in the US media, and it has unfortunately been a trendsetter, dragging other news outlets down with it. MSNBC is little better than Fox these days. CNN is still better than Fox, but it's not as good as it used to be.

Well, within 45 minutes of the story breaking, the internet was abuzz with stories of this "false source" and it seemed to many people that people were just waiting to pounce. I remember one of the people who was the first to uncover this bogus document, a right wing operative with close ties to Bush/Rove.

You should watch the DVD "Bush's Brain" about Karl Rove, his start in politics in the 70's was precisely in doing things like this, it is explained pretty well the track record of this guy. After 30 years experience (and a stolen election in 2000) such a stunt would be old hat. And likely was. The guy really is brilliant.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:45 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Well, within 45 minutes of the story breaking, the internet was abuzz with stories of this "false source" and it seemed to many people that people were just waiting to pounce. I remember one of the people who was the first to uncover this bogus document, a right wing operative with close ties to Bush/Rove.

You should watch the DVD "Bush's Brain" about Karl Rove, his start in politics in the 70's was precisely in doing things like this, it is explained pretty well the track record of this guy. After 30 years experience (and a stolen election in 2000) such a stunt would be old hat. And likely was. The guy really is brilliant.
You could very well be right. Is "Little Green Footballs" the internet source that broke the false document story? Again though, if this was a plant, it goes to show the journalistic integrity of CBS. People were punished for being dupes. If it wasn't a plant, it still shows the high news standards of CBS. They fired people for not doing diligent enough fact checking. We all know that news sources have biases and blind spots. However, some news organizations have high standards at least *try* to get the story right. They're not all the same. The MSM beats Fox, but Fox still beats RT and PressTV.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
I really don't think history is your strong suit.

apparently I am stronger in it than you bubba.......When Europeans Were Slaves: Research Suggests White Slavery Was Much More Common Than Previously Believed

Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,989 times
Default Afghan eyewitnesses to the recent massacre of 16 civilians say the slaughter was carried out by more than one US soldier

I guess the US military wants to pin it on a 'crazed lone assassin', but there were many others involved.

"According to a video broadcast by CNN on Sunday, Afghan villagers said multiple US troops broke into their houses and asked about the Taliban.

Witnesses said that they told the troops that there were no Taliban there, but they started shooting at people anyway."

Prison Planet.com » Afghan massacre not act of lone gunman, witnesses say

Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I would reserve judgment until you have fought in a war with "civillians". After a while anybody that wants to stay alive shoots first and does not miss. If you take the time to see if they are not armed an armed one will kill you.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Dup thread, try the search feature...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-murdered.html

Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
smh if that's true.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:26 PM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
We are not in any one's business, even though our government would like you all to believe it, we are over there b/c of all the billions of dollars of minerals found in they're land, and we will always be in Afghanistan, period. Maybe Obama has some of you fooled, by pulling some troups out of other countries over there plus Afghanistan, however, there are still many many soldiers there, with a whole lot of our sub-contracters.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I guess the US military wants to pin it on a 'crazed lone assassin', but there were many others involved.

"According to a video broadcast by CNN on Sunday, Afghan villagers said multiple US troops broke into their houses and asked about the Taliban.

Witnesses said that they told the troops that there were no Taliban there, but they started shooting at people anyway."

Prison Planet.com » Afghan massacre not act of lone gunman, witnesses say
where is the CNN video ?

you need to stop viewing anything AJ related he is dis-info agent numero uno FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies