Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Yes, I'm sure describing exactly what occurred does seem irrational, because it was.
You weren't there, you didn't see what took place and nothing you said matches up with reality or the facts that have been released. You're being dramatic to try to drum up emotion just like all the idiots in here who are making huge assumptions when they know nothing.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Perhaps, but the media or Treyvon's family is obviously trying to put a bias spin on it. Thus far we don't know what he looks like today, we don't know why he was suspended...we really don't know anything about him personally. I think that they are worried that if his character is questionable, it'll help the defense to convince a jury and/or general public that he may have been the physical aggressor.
Jeez...the guy has a record of assault (Zimmerman). He followed the kid. The kid was yelling for help. The kid was unarmed an not doing anything wrong. There is uncollected evidence that probably no longer exists and even if it does it is now inadmisassible for being tainted. The victim was cheked for drugs/alcohol, the shooter was not. The kid's father was calling his cell phone and no one in law enforcement answered it or returns the call. Don't tell me that something is not rotten in Denmark...and Sanford Fla.

LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Zimmerman wasn't stalking him, Zimmerman was never told not to get out of his car and nobody knows who confronted who.
This entire statement is untrue. There is a tape that has been played over and over and over again on every news broadcast and the contents of which has been published in every newspaper. On that tape the police dispatcher CLEARLY told Zimmerman to stop following Trayvon and to not get out of his car. His continuing to follow Trayvon and getting out of his car to approach him makes it crystal clear who confronted whom.

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
And how many of those deaths were some how gang related? How many occurred in gang infested communities? Even in the case of the little girl killed over the weekend it seemed like her family had gang connections. innocent people minding their business, especially in nicer areas, rarely get killed.

No one deserves to die, but those involved in gangs up the risk. The Trayvon case is infuriating because he did NOTHING wrong. Not connected to any gang, not walking through a gang infested neighborhood. It truly seems like his crime was WWB-walking while black- and nothing more.

Ditto. You just explained it perfectly.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no more nigs View Post
the less ni.ggs the better. idc if he didnt do anything wrong. him existing is wrong.
The most racist and offensive post I have ever read on this forum. I have reported you.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Zimmerman is clearly a racist. There is no debate concerning that.

The point I was trying to make is that you don't have to view things through a racial lens to feel sympathy for Trayvon and feel outraged about how he lost his life.
There apparently is a debate concerning that since there's no evidence that Trayvon's skin color played any part in this.

I've never once said that nobody should feel sympathy for Trayvon, he was a young man who had his entire life before him. I'll wait to see if I'm outraged about his shooting until I hear the details that will likely come out during the trial. Based on what I've heard and read so far it was just a very unfortunate thing that took place.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Jeez...the guy has a record of assault (Zimmerman). He followed the kid. the kid was yelling for help. The kid was unarmed an not doing anything wrong. There is uncollected evidence that probably no longer exists and even if it does it is now inadmisassible for being tainted. The victim was cheked for drugs/alcohol, the shooter was not. The kid's father was calling his cell phone and no one in law enforcement answered it or returnes the call. Don't tell me that something is not rotten in Denmark...and Sanford Fla.
I know that Zimmerman was arrested for assault (but not charged) and later expunged. And he also had a few complaints from neighbors about how he made insinuations about them.

We know how the PD handled the situation was pretty mucked up.

My question is pretty simple, has anyone seen any recent photos of him as a 6'3 150 lbs guy? I've seen the same round of pictures, all 13 and under, except for the one where his face is directly in the camera and he has a hood on.

And why was he suspended for 10 days? Tardiness seems pretty weak and doesn't align with the school's policies...

Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I know that Zimmerman was arrested for assault (but not charged) and later expunged. And he also had a few complaints from neighbors about how he made insinuations about them.

We know how the PD handled the situation was pretty mucked up.

My question is pretty simple, has anyone seen any recent photos of him as a 6'3 150 lbs guy? I've seen the same round of pictures, all 13 and under, except for the one where his face is directly in the camera and he has a hood on.

And why was he suspended for 10 days? Tardiness seems pretty weak and doesn't align with the school's policies...
Here's what his mom said:
Quote:
He was not suspended for something dealing with violence or anything like that. It wasn’t a crime he committed, but he was in an unauthorized area [on school property],” Martin said, declining to offer more details.
Trayvon Martin: a typical teen who loved video games, looked forward to prom - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

This is a really good & fair article about him. It sounds like Trayvon had a really loving family and was a good kid overall.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
There apparently is a debate concerning that since there's no evidence that Trayvon's skin color played any part in this.
Yeah right... how do you explain Zimmerman using racial slurs to describe Trayvon during the 911 call?

Quote:
I've never once said that nobody should feel sympathy for Trayvon, he was a young man who had his entire life before him. I'll wait to see if I'm outraged about his shooting until I hear the details that will likely come out during the trial. Based on what I've heard and read so far it was just a very unfortunate thing that took place.
Would you be so forgiving or understanding of the situation if it was a little white girl or boy who was murdered in a similar fashion?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
This entire statement is untrue. There is a tape that has been played over and over and over again on every news broadcast and the contents of which has been published in every newspaper. On that tape the police dispatcher CLEARLY told Zimmerman to stop following Trayvon and to not get out of his car. His continuing to follow Trayvon and getting out of his car to approach him makes it crystal clear who confronted whom.
"We don't need you to do that" is simply not an order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies