Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The report I read never mentioned his father lives there. I haven't been watching the 24/7 coverage of this by Sharpton and the Brady Campaign sorts...
I don't know what you have been listening to because I have heard multiple reports where it was stated that he was on his way home from the store to his father's house in that gated community.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
There was this:

On March 16th, the Sanford police department released new details to the Orlando Sentinel.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/orlandowesh-16122564/sanford-police-speak-out-in-trayvon-martin-case-28640523.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Forlandowesh-16122564%252Fsanford-police-speak-out-in-trayvon-martin-case-28640523.html

Once again, these details have been ignored or changed by the media.

1.The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him.

2.The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help.

3.Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness.

4.Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin’s father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son.

The neighborhood this took place in has seen a lot of crime. Would you be surprised to learn that there were eight burglaries, nine thefts, and a shooting just in the past year? In fact, the local homeowners’ association reports that George Zimmerman actually caught one thief and aided in the apprehension of other criminals. The Miami Herald wrote about this on March 17th.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Do we know for sure he was unarmed? Did the cops look for any thrown weapons? Sounds like they didn't do much of anything to me.
ALL reports indicate he was unarmed. Plus, don't you think had he actually had a weapon, Zimmerman would have been the first to point that out? C'mon, stop looking for excuses for this murderer.

LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
The report I read quite some time ago suggested he was up to no good. In a gated community, neighborhood paranoid didn't recognize him...
So going to the store at 7 pm to buy a bag of skittles and a bottle of tea is being "up to no good." I hope you remember that the next time you stroll down to the store.

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
The report I read quite some time ago suggested he was up to no good. In a gated community, neighborhood paranoid didn't recognize him...

You keep mentioning this report - please link to it. The only one that said he was up to no good was the person that killed him. There is no other reason to believe he was up to no good. The person that killed him, said he was on drugs - his test was clean, then said he was up to no good. He was walking home from a convenience store. There are hundreds of "reports" out there and the recordings of the 911 tape. Try reading and listening.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The Sanford PD botched this from the get-go. Zimmerman was taken in briefly for questioning, had no tests for drugs or alcohol and walked out wearing the same clothing that he wore during the altercation...no forensic evidence now. They didn't even confiscate his gun. For three days the parents of Trayvon were desperately looking for their son who the police had listed as a John Doe, even though they had possession of his cell phone and could have determined his identity easily. Inept for a Chief of Police.
That is why I am convinced that this was not mere incompetence on the part of the police department and chief. They were actively trying to make sure that there was no way that the shooter could ever be prosecuted or convicted.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:58 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
The only negative thing I've seen about the kid is that he had been suspended from school which is why he was visiting his father. The reason for suspension? Tardiness.

Want a picture of him? Read this:
Quote:
The teen attended a Miami aviation school part time and was studying to be an engineer, a path to realizing his ambition, Fulton said.

Math was Trayvon's favorite subject.

He liked to tinker, and he was good with his hands. He once took apart and repaired a broken scooter, Fulton said, and he liked to construct model cars and airplanes and draw pictures of things he wanted to build.

"He was extremely creative," said Michelle Kypriss, Trayvon's English teacher at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in Miami. "He just loved building things. He really was intrigued by how things worked."

She described Trayvon, a junior, as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness.
Trayvon — who was known as "Tray" or "Slimm" — played youth football during his early teens and helped his father coach Little League baseball, said Fulton, whose sister, Sybrina Fulton, is Trayvon's mother.
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Tensions rise in wake of Trayvon Martin shooting - Orlando Sentinel

Have fun reading articles about Zimmerman. A real lowlife.

613 posts, read 760,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
You know, when one dosen't know what to say and will say random things that don't make sense jsut to say something. That's what that means.
danks fre aring mart greu oi vo mert!

No, my statement made perfect sense.

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Maybe that is what that zimmerman guy said too? Why is it wrong for him to do it but right for you?? I guess you don't even understand the hypocrisy you are preaching so never mind. Continue with the nonsense.
Zimmerman is a threat to my safety, therefore, florida law justified that I may assassinate him. I feel threated by you and roys as well.
:: racks a round, asks questions later:::

Whining about turnabout, are you? The law applies to others to service privileged white males, but the law doesn't apply yourself? Shouldn't that mean that only white males be taxed and laws can only realistically apply to white males????

Yep. It's time for white women to go postal. You've led by example quite well for decades.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:00 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Maybe some of the critics of Sharpton and the self rightous on here should ask the parents of Trayvon whether they feel that Rev. Sharpton is needed to bring attention to this horrific murder.
Not interested in whether anyone on here likes or dislikes Sharpton.
This whole episode is absolutely repugnant and needs someone high profile like Sharpton to get some kind of justice in this case.
'bring attention' to an event that is already receiving saturation coverage on every news outlet in the country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies