Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 09:35 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,386,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
This is interesting, I wonder how the forum ''brothers'' will twist this one.
Even if Martin was pounding the living daylights out of Zimmerman and trying to kill himhe may well have been justified. Stand your ground goes both ways. We already know that Trayvor was scared because of the creep that was trailing him in his car. At some point Zimmerman got out - unless you want to claim that Martin hauled the 250 lb sack of blubber out of his car. I don't know about you but if I am walking back to a house that I have every right to go to and a creep stalks me for a few blocks and then gets out of his car - armed - I would say that is good enough reason to believe that I have to fear for my life. At that point if I cannot get away I will try my best to do serious harm to the person who is threatening me.

If Zimmerman can claim he was afraid for his life, why not Martin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hey!! This young man was suspended from school (at one time) and THAT is very significant in this case
You're being sarastic right? Or do you not know that the kid was suspended for being late to school too often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It isn't.... But...the only thing it is significant of is how ridiculously the media is fluffing this story up on the Martin's side simply because the dude was killed.
There are two basic issues here:

one is how well this SYG is working in FL
the other is to what extent people can appoint themselves deputy LEO with no training, no formal blessing from any organization and get away with killing someone in the name of amateur law enforcement.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,927,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
what's you point?...if Zimmerman was 100 pds and the victim 300, Zimmerman should still be in jail...
he is going to be arrested....Now my question remains. And I asked it to somebody else.

If indeed, Trayvon Martin was on top of him beating his head into the ground while Zimmerman was yelling for help and/or for him to stop...and drew blood....as it was reported.....

What will be your opinion if it is ruled self-defense.

2,010 posts, read 2,377,399 times
I wonder if Obama will chime in on the white kid who got set on fire by 2 black kids while saying "You get what you deserve white boy". Maybe Al Sharpton will show up in KC demanding justice.

20,739 posts, read 19,431,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
it's obvious that the only ppl taking the killers side are conservatives...
Ah, I routinely hammer conservatives and I just sort of think we should have a trial. You know I have certain questions like how a short fat guy catches up to a varsity football player etc. Maybe Zimmerman is guilty, I just don't know. The media certainly can't be trusted. More than anything else it was about a bad situation being escalated.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,183,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I wonder if Obama will chime in on the white kid who got set on fire by 2 black kids while saying "You get what you deserve white boy". Maybe Al Sharpton will show up in KC demanding justice.
That's an excellent point. And shows how Obama is using this tragedy to futher his electoral prospects.

Thank you for pointing this out. I'm even more disappointed in Barack Obama now.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 AM

14,500 posts, read 11,330,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Never said that there weren't racist Democrats - just that appealing to racism isn't part of the party's central platform. Southern strategy and all?

"The Southern Strategy" was the Republicans going after the new southern upper middle class. Not the racist rednecks.

1,063 posts, read 1,782,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
he is going to be arrested....Now my question remains. And I asked it to somebody else.

If indeed, Trayvon Martin was on top of him beating his head into the ground while Zimmerman was yelling for help and/or for him to stop...and drew blood....as it was reported.....

What will be your opinion if it is ruled self-defense.
the same...

27,624 posts, read 21,187,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
It's unfortunate that someone's child was killed for no reason, period. And he DID die in a stupid way...as the victim of a coward with a gun. You can play mental games of "but what if?" till hell freezes over, and it will STILL
come down to the bottom line: Zimmerman chose to leave his truck and
pursue Trayvon, and that led to Trayvon's senseless death. Continuing to grope for excuses for a cold killer does nothing to change the fact that
Zimmerman CHOSE to act in a way that led to a death; Trayvon was just trying to get back to the house with Skittles and iced tea. If that isn't an
innocent action, WTH is? Zimmerman broke the law as pursuit isn't covered under the SYG law. Trayvon didn't confront Zimmerman or initiate an altercation...Zimmerman called 911 and ignored the advice he received.
That is where the guilt lies, and will always lie. It's the crux of the matter.
You can type until you're as blue in the face as the font color and will get nowhere. Another poster seemd to have offended some by stating that it is the posters with a Conservative bent that are blaming the victim. I agree. It's par for the course and very bizarre. Maybe it has something to do with that lack of empathy thing...ya think? I'd lay odds that these are the same people that demonize the poor, fight tooth and nail for the rights of the wealthy and cannot stand the fact that people demand equal rights. This stuff goes hand in hand with a personality deficient in the ability to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. They don't give a rat's ass for Trayvon Martin or Zimmerman or the truth...it's the gun thing. These are the defenders of people like Ayn Rand. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" on steroids. When did they infiltrate the humanity of planet Earth?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:42 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,356,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
This is interesting, I wonder how the forum ''brothers'' will twist this one.

This is the same police force that drug tested a corpse but yet never bothered to test the shooter, this is the same police force that let a man leave with a possible homicide hanging over his head based on his word, the same police dept that claimed that zimmerman had a clean record without actually checking it?

This "forum brother" like many people proably feels that the credibility of this police dept is questionable at least and lying at most

Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,782,318 times
yup even if the kid was beating zimmerman to a pulp, zimmerman should still be charged with something and do time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies