Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Provide pictures of what Treyvon looked like when he got murdered by Zimmerman
We're still waiting for a photo, huh? I'm getting tired. ~yawn & stretch~

Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
1) Harassment
2) False imprisonment
3) Murder
Convicted in the CD court.

Where's your robe?

How'd YOU get all the facts?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Are you saying an African,Ghanian American,will be called a cracker in the hood?

Someone needs to remind this Edward A of Amadou Diallo,a Ghanian American who was profiled and killed in Nyc.
He doesn't think that "race" applies to him. He believes that he is walking around with some sort of "blackness invisibility cloak". And with this "blackness invisibility cloak" he believes that he can walk into Anytown US and have Johnny Reb, Bubba and Cooter embrace him as their own. He's invincible in his "blackness invisibility cloak".

Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Convicted in the CD court.

Where's your robe?

How'd YOU get all the facts?
No, the better question is...

Where's YOUR robe?

Old 03-23-2012, 08:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
That's just dumb.

It's about profiling. Wearing certain clothing will lead to profiling. Blacks, whites and Hispanics all can't do and say the same things.

That's not fair, I know but that's life. Black men, especially younger black boyss that wear hoodies, sagging pants and fitted baseball hats are going to get profiled.
I've got an idea. Brothers can all dress like this and...

... really scare the bejeezus out of white folks.

Quote:
It's about profiling. Wearing certain clothing will lead to profiling. Blacks, whites and Hispanics all can't do and say the same things.
I does be lovin it when massa be tellin us what be good fo us. I'es a might bit preciative of yo advise.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No, the better question is...

Where's YOUR robe?
I wear no robe of any sort. Not even a bathrobe.

I didn't convict GZ nor did I condemn TM.

They were both in the wrong.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Or like this...even Marvin wore a hoodie. And rocked it, too!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:

I did not "convict" anyone. What I would like is for the Sanford Police Dept to actually do its job so that the courts can do its job. Had they done their job, none of us would even be discussing this incident.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:25 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
One thing I'd like to point out to other posters here who don't live in FL is that more than half (probably 75%) of its residents are from another part of the country. So if they have backward or racist attitudes, they probably brought them here from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois or wherever they lived....

I agree that much of Florida is in the dark ages, but so are areas of every state, even New York and California. Look at the number of known hate groups by state.

Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center
100% agree- I've been all over this country, born and raised poor on a dirt road (integrated neighborhood) proximal to gold coast on Long Island NY. No one ever believes I'm from NY when they meet me. Those 37 hate groups attributed to NY-- if you'll notice-- are almost entirely upstate in "conservative" country. I set my roots in WV and I'm appalled by the trash from Alabama that shows up here looking to join a like minded KKK community. Trash from Philly comes here looking to pick a fight with the Klan. Trash from Detroit & SC comes here sneaking into school yards/ looking for empty houses trying to expand their oxy/ meth empire.

So folks, don't blame the natives for acting clannish. This parade of morons peddling their hate mongering, drugs, crime-- looking for the stereotype of deliverance to hook up with-- Natives just turn their rear ends to these folks and wait for them to figure out they're intellectually masturbating.
The inside joke is being invited to someones Church and asking-- "There won't be snakes, will there?" Because, you see, somewhere in a remote holler is a church that handles snakes claiming it their faith, therefore, the entire state is converted to this particular faith according to national stereotype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
They move to FL, people who never even owned a gun in their home state and now they think they're in the Old West.

I have seen this several times.

One example was an elderly couple from Long Island who I ended up getting into a conversation with. Both of the had guns on them. You live on Long Island for 60 yrs and don't own guns, move to FL, and now you're packing 24/7.
I hear you, and guess what? My whole world isn't threatened because you said something negative about ex- Long Islanders. Nothing about my origins meant we were natural born saints/ infallible. But like Nancy said- some of this behavior is pre-existing (NOT tolerated by LI culture), but IMO more of this is propaganda they're fed luring them there. Keeps the gun shows busy, doesn't it?

FYI there didn't exist much racism on LI until those 60's riots showed up in Brooklyn/ Queens and started drifting randomly to Suffolk. That and the TV- the era 're-educated' many white folks who did have an open mind but filling their ears with hate/ vengeance talk did most of the recruiting for KKK. It came from black mouths, not white. It came from witnessing riot after riot after riot until it became the very definition of black for them. White racists are more frequently (in my experience) created by black racists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Why does the entire nation get involved in Florida situations so much? First there were chads, then a little girl that probably drowned in her home swimming pool, and now this young man. Do people not have enough happening in their own cities, states, neighborhoods to keep them busy?
Why can't Florida recall they're Americans? Forgot how to run a voting booth? Don't know how to count that high? Ban blacks from voting by inventing criminal records for them, then get a promotion for the snow job you pulled off? That Katherine Harris is some piece of work. I think the devil's been collecting souls in Florida at an alarming rate.

Quote:
MSNBC host identifies the real perps in Trayvon's death.....

MSNBC Host Blames Limbaugh, Gingrich, Santorum For Trayvon Martin Death
She's right but pimps aren't ever on trial, are they? The prostitute sometimes, but NEVER the John supplying the demand of vice economics. People so desperately want to believe this crap they loose sight of what it is about THEMSELVES they truly DO have to be proud of. However modest that thing may be. No matter how under appreciated that thing may be by our American culture or capitalism. Doesn't make it less worthy of appreciation in God's eyes. It is the defect in ourselves that's most responsible for failing to appreciate others when they're simply being themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
As Geraldo Rivera said today...you're just better off not wearing attire associated and popularized by thugs.
I'm confused. Does this mean black males can't be a Bishop because wearing thug attire when Catholic Bishops act thuggish towards me is a threat to me by proxy? What about Limbaugh and O'Rielly? They're thugs. They're the white kind. So don't dress like white thugs? Like a Geraldo thug?

Now if you'll see my point in it's fullest meaning, most males act thuggish these days as if it's impressing women, which it certainly is not. There's nothing to get along with. You're (collectively) running your wives and your kids off but it's a gay mans fault you're getting divorced? Your kids are wimps because they can't compete for supremacy with their dads? Or the thuggish cops (whom they OUGHT to be able to trust)? Or the thuggish priests/ preachers (whom they OUGHT to be able to trust)? Have I got all this straight? That's quite a world view you're peddling, but you keep that for yourself.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:

Please expound...really, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies