Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
NO. Go get whatever you want but don't expect the church to pay for it.
Ya, just because religion leeches off society by not paying taxes why should anyone think they'd be honest or fair anywhere else?

Religion's Rule: It is better to get than to give...Jesus said so.

You NEVER said what religious freedoms were taken away from you...

Old 03-21-2012, 05:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Just don't protest near any government buildings, or government officials, or any area where a government official might be, or where the secret service may be. That's a felony now, enjoy your "freedom" people.
Ours will be in front of the courthouse. Look at the link I posted to find where it will be in your area.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Exactly. (BTW, why is this topic here and not over in the Religion & Philosophy sub-forum? Just curious..)

Now then, I hope no-one here has tried to use that "Well, it's still only a theory!" nonsense. Surely we have better minds here than that, no? That is a very tired, old [oh, and did I mention stupid..] and absurd argument.

In science, a theory is what we scientists call a well-developed, well proven and well documented set of facts that support the original hypothesis. Only the "hypothesis" is the "Best Guess" part of any concept. Even then one's hypothesis is usually very well developed, since no-one in the scientific community, where one's reputation for intellectual honesty and research design integrity is very important, wants to be subsequently labelled as a fool by his or her colleagues, now do they?

So before we conclude with such determinations as "The Theory of Evolution", we can prove it now, and we have a lot, millions in fact, of the necessary ducks in their appropriate rows. All quacking in unison no less!

If it walks, talks and sounds exactly like a duck, then I guess Evolution is pretty much proven, just like a duck, eh? Now, if someone does not happen for personal spiritual reasons, to like that fact, it's well... so sorry, but... too bad. This would be akin to flatly (pun intended..) denying the earth is a sphere, but is flat like the bible tells us, and then stomping out of the room, hands firmly over eyes and ears, when someone shows them a picture taken from the ISS as it circumnavigates that wondrous green sphere.

"It isn't it isn't it ISN'T!" they yowl as they stomp out. V. convincing, yup!
So in your mind the fact that you find a collection of evidence convincing is ample reason government should now be allowed to regulate the beliefs of others.

What an impressively short-sighted mindset.

I'm a huge fan of the motivations behind the Appleseed Project. I'm equally of the mind a nation of riflemen may one day be the only thing that stands between the ideals of our Founding Fathers remaining relevant and the ability of our current crop of corrupt politicians to pervert those ideals to their own gain. Apparently your idea of the meaning of "Rifleman" and mine are entirely different. What a disappointment.

Last edited by outbacknv; 03-21-2012 at 05:51 PM..

Old 03-21-2012, 05:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
bb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, just because religion leeches off society by not paying taxes why should anyone think they'd be honest or fair anywhere else?

Religion's Rule: It is better to get than to give...Jesus said so.

You NEVER said what religious freedoms were taken away from you...

You are blatantly ignorant of what all the churches do for their communities.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Church institutions will be closed
We can hope!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Ours will be in front of the courthouse. Look at the link I posted to find where it will be in your area.
The courthouse is a restricted government ground, so protesting there could very well be a felony now.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The right not to pay for abortions that is, to millions of people, murder. the right not to pay for BC that includes abortifacients.

The church cannot and will not do this."""

Then I guess you have nothing to worry about with this primitive backwards ignorant misogynist idea.

"""" Church institutions will be closed and many people will be cut off from the help they get from them. Of course, our government would be overjoyed to take them over.

First the auto companies, then the banks, and next the churches. Then, you???
Yet you want and encourage the Big Government to TAKE OVER women's reproduction , women's own bodies....

Old 03-21-2012, 05:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
If the church wants to run a BUSINESS it has to follow the same laws all businesses do.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
bb

You are blatantly ignorant of what all the churches do for their communities.
That is not an argument or a defense or a rebuttal or a fact to back up your stand....but it IS a personal attack....you religious people sure can be vicious and uncivil.....

Old 03-21-2012, 05:48 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
the right not to pay for abortions that is, to millions of people, murder. The right not to pay for bc that includes abortifacients.

The church cannot and will not do this. Church institutions will be closed and many people will be cut off from the help they get from them. Of course, our government would be overjoyed to take them over.

First the auto companies, then the banks, and next the churches. Then, you???
oye vey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies