Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 04:57 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Huh? Are you touting the poor as a tourist attraction? Good luck on that one.
No.

I simply expressed that one who cares about the poor could vacation in America, avoid the carbon footprint of jet travel, and simply donate that savings to the poor.

These are all things that lefties tout as important.

Charity starts at home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why, I'm ignorant because I don't like Kansas or Alabama?
Nah.

There are plenty of other reasons!

Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 AM

[quote=8635angelvalley;23508592]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I mean really?

What about the gulf region, who's economy was devastated by BP?

Why do the obomba's almost always leave the states?[/quote

They go to Hawaii often and the stayed in Maine 2 summers ago.
Did you also miss where I said "almost always"?

Imagine the impact on the gulf region had the 0b0mba's school chosen to vacation there?

Motels could post signs "an 0b0mba slept here"!

Plus, the likelihood of being kidnapped would have been greatly reduced.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You have now lost any shred of credibility by posting this blatant out and out lie.

I have started a grand total of TWO(2) threads - one was in the Christianity forum - the other was in Colleges and Universities forum. Neither had anything remotely to do with Obama.
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...r-1070309.html

FAIL!
I stand corrected. I was confusing you with another poster with the same style named modeerf.
You simply post numerous times about your hatred for Obama.

I failed with the statement of you starting threads, not at all about your hatred.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
I never heard about President Bush's daughters going on a school trip. If they did - then President Bush should have paid for the security also - just as Obama should pay for Malias security. If the president refuses to do so - then the kids should not go on the trip. Secret Service protection(taxpayer funded) should only be used for neccesary functions of the federal government. Everything else should be on the public servants own dime.

Where do you get the ridiculous idea that I would hold someone to a different standard based on their political views?

An atomic load if I've ever heard one. Malia went on a class trip to Mexico, big freaking deal. The Secret Service went along for protection because she is the President's daughter, that's what they're paid to do. Read Sickofny's post # 92 for info on Bush's daughter's trip to Buenos Aires.

Never mind, I'll make it easy for you.

Bush Twins Refuse To Cut Buenos Aires Vacation Short 7/21/09 | abc7news.com

Big freaking deal.

Quote:
Where do you get the ridiculous idea that I would hold someone to a different standard based on their political views?[/
From this:

Quote:
Obama should be arrested for letting his children play hooky from school - it happens to other parents - why not him?
and this:
Quote:
I never heard about President Bush's daughters going on a school trip.
and this:

Quote:
My tax dollars should not be used to fund her education.
..your tax dollars go to fund a lot of kids' education.

Concentrate on real problems, not this kind of manufactured controversy.

Last edited by carterstamp; 03-22-2012 at 05:28 AM..

Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Going to Mexico makes one an elitist?

Damn dude, your standards are pretty low.
What do you expect from people who think getting a college education is elitist (per Rick Santorum)? This new crop of so called conservatives has absolutely NOTHING in common with the republican party I grew up in.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post
Your missing out on a lot if you think the USA is boring. We as a country have one of the most diverse geography in the world. I know for a fact Alabama is a beautiful state. Go to just north of Birmingham and you have the foot hills to the Appalachian mountains.
You are correct. And the Alabama coast is beautiful.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
I'm from the state directly north.

The smell of the Cuyahoga when it burns, the smokestacks of Toledo, the flat stretches that go on as far as the eye can see, the stench of the Ohio River in summer...it is a wonderful place.

Oh well that explains it. Michigan has what? Detroit? Ann Arbor? Nuff said!

For the record, the Cuyahoga caught fire in the 60s! It could have happened in ANY rust belt city! The river has cleaned up substantially, and is actually one of the cleaner rivers in the country. Can't speak for the Ohio River as it's been awhile since I've been down there. It's funny though how all of you Michigan folks come to Cedar Point, because you don't have your own amusement park (or at least anything relevant). That's OK more tourism dollars in our pockets.

Oh, and I guess Michigan isn't flat?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Yes if you are really a Browns fan you will understand the visceral hatred Michiganers(or whatever they call themselves) have for Ohio and vice versa.

I think you meant this for me. Yes I'm really a Browns fan, and I am well aware of the rivalry between Ohio and Michigan.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"Lots of schools" send their 13 year olds (what's that, 7th grade?) on vacations in Mexico? I don't recall being sent there when I was that age...maybe I was sick that day.
You must've been out sick a lot because I never said lots of schools send 13-year-olds to Mexico:

Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
Big difference.
Malia is on a SCHOOL related trip...with her SCHOOL....it's a NORMAL SCHOOL function that LOTS of SCHOOLS do.

See! NO where is Mexico mentined...TRIPS are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies