Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:18 AM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I am soooo amazed,jm, how anyone here can even try to defend the present health system in the USA when it fails so many.
Maybe i can excuse them by saying they know no better but today with all of the world at our fingertips, that excuse no longer cuts it.
Why oh why are there people here trying to push back the tide and stand against progress........... oh i know............. BIG profits and lots of money.
America is now falling behind even Countries like Cuba or Puerto Rico in health care yet te Republicans seem sooooo proud of this.............
GROW A PAIR Republicans and think of Americans not your damn bank balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Easy,his parents would have a huge bill every month.
Forget the hospital,I don't think people are thinking about his long term care needs.
Hospitals are for acute care only. This baby would need things like labwork,doctor visits,nursing home care visits,respiratory,therapy.
The kid is covered now by private health insurance.

This thread is not helping the national healthcare agenda. It is showing a degree of desperation in showing an excellent case where current health care is working and the declaring: Oh yeah, but what if this kid weren't covered?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The kid is covered now by private health insurance.

This thread is not helping the national healthcare agenda. It is showing a degree of desperation in showing an excellent case where current health care is working and the declaring: Oh yeah, but what if this kid weren't covered?
I'm not sure if the provision of the Affordable Care Act elimination lifetime limits for kids has kicked in yet. If not, he'll reach that soon, and then go on Medicaid.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What is that, tort reform?
How about we first get healthcare costs down to manageable levels.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I am soooo amazed,jm, how anyone here can even try to defend the present health system in the USA when it fails so many.
Maybe i can excuse them by saying they know no better but today with all of the world at our fingertips, that excuse no longer cuts it.
Why oh why are there people here trying to push back the tide and stand against progress........... oh i know............. BIG profits and lots of money.
America is now falling behind even Countries like Cuba or Puerto Rico in health care yet te Republicans seem sooooo proud of this.............
GROW A PAIR Republicans and think of Americans not your damn bank balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, we are about even with Denmark.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:44 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Watching the Republican fight for the private health companies should leave a bitter taste in every American's mouths. No wonder America is falling behind many Countries instead of being able to compete with them.......... News Flash America............ no one wants old bad ideas and systems and any good ideas and systems created here in the USA are being off shored and built abroad in China, India etc. giving them the edge and also control of OUR products.
A proper UHC here would get rid of unemployment overnight, improve the health of the whole nation and cost far less than the present system but hey lets's ALL follow the Republican plan and make America the home of the corrupt and the land of the wealthy.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Watching the Republican fight for the private health companies should leave a bitter taste in every American's mouths.
80% of Americans are happy with their healthcare. But of course Republicans couldn't be fighting for them. It has to be that the Republicans are fighting for the private healthcare companies.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/123149/Co...Americans.aspx

Quote:
No wonder America is falling behind many Countries instead of being able to compete with them.......... News Flash America............ no one wants old bad ideas and systems and any good ideas and systems created here in the USA are being off shored and built abroad in China, India etc. giving them the edge and also control of OUR products.
Wayyyyyyyy off topic!
Quote:
A proper UHC here would get rid of unemployment overnight, improve the health of the whole nation and cost far less than the present system but hey lets's ALL follow the Republican plan and make America the home of the corrupt and the land of the wealthy.
How?

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 03-24-2012 at 10:15 AM..

Old 03-24-2012, 10:28 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Probably the most ridiculous post I have read today.

For every 1 person who has had an issue with our health system, I can find 2, in the european system everyone points to, that has a worse issue.

Tell me, who has it failed. Obviously not the little boy this forum is about, he got along just FINE, before Obama care. How's that again? Did everyone skip over the part this kid is 9 years old? OMG? How did he live before Obamacare?

The same way everyone else did. Yes there are faults in our system, and yes, they can be addressed, but this stupidity that he would have died without Obama care, or that his parents would be broke, is a silly fantasy that people are gushing over without any idea of what they are talking about.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:43 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Do you not understand how awful the current health system in the USA is?
Any chronic illness here is a huge problem for the unfortunate person who develops it. If you are diagnosed with diabetes or asthma or any chronic illness you can look forward to a life of huge expense and health insurance companies either turning you down for cover or dropping you from cover or completely denying to cover you........ sounds fun huh?
America now stands alone in the industrialized world in having a health system that is for profit and fails millions of its citizens. The health system here is now treated like a luxury item and MUST be completely changed.
The amazing thing is that years ago when something was failing or failed in the USA, it was changed and something better was put in it's place. America was admired by the World for being innovative and the Country that was not afraid to try new things or invent new ways or explore new ideas and concepts............. WHAT HAPPENED??????????????????????
The health of the nation is awful if you are not wealthy and that is NOT how America used to be.............. it used to be a hard days work for a fair days pay.... job security, Both political parties wanted what was best for America, a health system that was affordable to all and people had rights.
Today it's now become a complete "Hate Fest" with each party trying to get the "biggest azzhole award"..... wealth and power is now the "American dream" and if the everyday American rots in a hole, then so be it.
WAKE UP AMERICA................ America wasn't created as the plaything of the wealthy but as a Country for heroes..... this is now firmly in the past as we watch the powerful, wealthy, insane take over the USA.
The Republican party is responsible for slowing down the economic recovery in the USA with it's constant obstructionism. They are responsible for scaring many in the USA into thinking that a Govt. funded health system is wrong or cannot work or unfordable. They must STOP this stupidity... it destroys more than it cures.
No matter what party you support....... America should come first... NOT party politics.
There are things that desperately need changing in the USA.........
The infrastructure MUST be repaired and developed.
Health care MUST be brought into the 21st Century and available to everyone.
Education MUST be funded and for everyone.
Our borders MUST be sealed and patrolled with illegals beginning to understand what ILLEGAL means.
Industry must be developed at home and NOT sent abroad.
The Fed must be abolished.
THESE are the important issues NOT overseas problems.
The money sent abroad must now be used in America to get a decent health system for the people and NOT for the huge insurance companies and corrupt politicians who earn fortunes defending private insurance companies and the gun lobby.
Get real Republicans and try for America and NOT your pocket book!!!!!!!!!!!

You know who has diabetes in America?

The big fat slobs who are too morbidly obese to walk through the supermarket. They get an electric cart to haul their fat fannies through the ice cream aisle and then they pay for their artery clogging gue with a bridge card.

And as for our health care system, even with the uninsured included, you are significantly more likely to survive deadly cancers in America than Europe or Canada.

U.S. Cancer Care Is Number One | Publications | National Center for Policy Analysis | NCPA

"The Republican party is responsible for slowing down the economic recovery in the USA with it's constant obstructionism."

For two years Democrats did exactly what they wanted and Republicans had to raise their hand to get Nancy's permission use the rest room. Now that Democrats have gotten everything they wanted and it has failed by every objective standard, now you want to blame Republicans. Well, those Republicans were sent to DC in record numbers by the voters specifically to stop Democrats.

What is slowing down the recovery is a weak dollar, deficit spending and regulatory uncertainty. When a Republican is elected president in November, consumer confidence will sky rocket and the economy will take off once again. Furthermore, if spending is brought under control, the dollar will rebound. If not, we will see even more inflation.

The thing is, for all your whining about it, there are no new ideas. Liberals think there are new ideas, but in reality, they are simply old and discarded ones conservatives know, having failed in the past, needn't be tried again.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You know who has diabetes in America?

The big fat slobs who are too morbidly obese to walk through the supermarket. They get an electric cart to haul their fat fannies through the ice cream aisle and then they pay for their artery clogging gue with a bridge card.

And as for our health care system, even with the uninsured included, you are significantly more likely to survive deadly cancers in America than Europe or Canada.

U.S. Cancer Care Is Number One | Publications | National Center for Policy Analysis | NCPA

"The Republican party is responsible for slowing down the economic recovery in the USA with it's constant obstructionism."

For two years Democrats did exactly what they wanted and Republicans had to raise their hand to get Nancy's permission use the rest room. Now that Democrats have gotten everything they wanted and it has failed by every objective standard, now you want to blame Republicans. Well, those Republicans were sent to DC in record numbers by the voters specifically to stop Democrats.

What is slowing down the recovery is a weak dollar, deficit spending and regulatory uncertainty. When a Republican is elected president in November, consumer confidence will sky rocket and the economy will take off once again. Furthermore, if spending is brought under control, the dollar will rebound. If not, we will see even more inflation.

The thing is, for all your whining about it, there are no new ideas. Liberals think there are new ideas, but in reality, they are simply old and discarded ones conservatives know, having failed in the past, needn't be tried again.
So sad... My Uncle was born with diabetes. He was not morbidly obese.

I have had diabetes since 1996, when I was 5'8½" 185 lb's. I assure you, that is not morbidly obese, (though a few pounds heavy). I don't regularly eat ice cream, and though I am handicapped and have problems walking without taking morphine for the pain, I don't waddle, and I don't drive an electric cart either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies