Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 02:45 PM

38,026 posts, read 22,198,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Ok, two hospitals, 10 year waiting period then. By the way I'm not a liberal, I'm a realist. Our current HCS sucks, that is real. No, I'm not particularly fond of Obama's "forced to purchase for-profit insurance" to line the pockets of wall street scum and investors, that is real too. By the way Obama's plan is a rehash of an old republican plan and a current republican presidential candidate--that's for real also!
Nope. 0bamaCare is over 2,000 pages of new regulations that amount to a government take over of our lives, it just looks like it is about trying to tackle high health care costs. If a government agency like HHS can decide on their own to force business owners and private individuals to not only buy a product, but then to even demand that others must give it away for free, then what freedoms do we have left?

It was the HHS, empowered under 0bamaCare, that mandated business owners give away free birth control pills, for other reason then they just really, really like "the pill". They are also mandating that all of us buy health care insurance, for no other reason then they want us to do so.

What we are witnessing is the government deciding that we no longer have any free will, because if they set their eye on something that they think is really cool, they can force us to buy it, and if we do not, then they have fines and jail cells waiting for us. How else can describe it?

Surely there are other ways to lower the costs of health care, then just to empower government to force all of us to buy health insurance. Let's say we all do buy health insurance, we will pay thru the nose for it, then what?? Health care costs are still high, so what is next, forcing doctors to take less in payment? It still costs doctors hundreds of thousands in college tuition, and hundreds of thousands more for medical malpractice insurance, and if anything, medical devices doctors need to use ware going up in price because of 0bamacare regulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 02:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,031,985 times
Quote:
Is that all, one hospital? How long is the waiting list, 20 years?
I wouldn't know. That one came to mind because I used to help raise money for em. Go do a search if you want to know how many hospitals do this type of work. Or continue ranting and raving about what you don't know. Choice is yours. I'm sure I know what your answer will be.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:12 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,122 times
Unfortunately there is no magic wand as far as health care is concerned but the present system in the USA is absolutely awful.
The present private insurance health for profit system in the USA is mega expensive and fails millions.
To say that a Govt. controls your health care in a Govt. funded health care system is not true.
To say that the present Insurance run health care system in the USA is controlled by the insurance companies and their CEO's is absolutely true.
UHC's have been created in all of the other industrialised nations and not one of them or their citizens have been put into bankruptcy because of a Govt. funded health system.... pity that cannot be said here with health care one of the top reasons for personal bankruptcy in the USA.
This is now 2012 yet the USA has one of the most expensive and least efficient health systems in the World.
Not sure why anyone here wants to pay more and more and more for a health system that rewards the wealthy, ignores the poor and blames the sick for using it as if disease is some kind of personal choice.
America is now long overdue a decent AMERICAN health system paid for and used by the people. A system that uses the old fashioned American concept of "we are all in this together" and old out of date beliefs like "love thy neighbour". A system to benefit everyone and NOT a system that just benefits the wealthy or those with a good work related health scheme........ our employment should NOT be a criteria for our health care........ years ago it was a perk with your job.... today it is a employer burden and reflects in everyones pay.
America now really has only TWO choices...............
(1) Keep trying to resuscitate a health system that is dead and cannot be revived
or
(2) Do what America was always admired for................. take the shot....... go forward and create the FINEST health system in the World.
I know that the lobbyists and the big insurance companies will line many politicians pockets to keep their tight grip on the American health system... after all it does allow them to make millions and millions but how much longer can America be held to ransom by corrupt greedy conglomerates...... it's ike watching abused children still defending their abusive parents.......... really awful.
Other Countries have recently adopted UHC's and America. i'm sure, could do even better than them but it seems that the pioneer spirit in America has been crushed into extinction.
Stop allowing fear based B/S scare you away from probably what could be the finest health system anywhere and let's all get our act together to create something special..... we pay for it so WE should own it NOT the Insurance companies.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:39 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,301,514 times
Quote:
I'm about fed up with the lie that 80% of Americans are just so happy with their coverage and premiums. Lets see, how many of those work for a large corporation or government agency that provides affordable coverage? How many are in a low risk bracket? How many Americans at one time face severe illness. Plus, premium costs have been skyrocketing before Obama, now how many are now effected with ridiculous premiums per month? That 80% is simply BS.
Lol!

Old 03-24-2012, 03:42 PM

8,637 posts, read 9,153,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I wouldn't know. That one came to mind because I used to help raise money for em. Go do a search if you want to know how many hospitals do this type of work. Or continue ranting and raving about what you don't know. Choice is yours. I'm sure I know what your answer will be.
If more people know what I know this thread would not exist. Now run along and play.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:47 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,539,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Would the compassionate conservatives have something in place to help? Its nothing acquired, and its a kid? I'm sure his health care costs are enormous.

Would he not matter since he's outside a uterus?

A Boy Allergic to Food | Anderson Cooper - Yahoo! Shine
This is easy. The parents can just get rich. Then no problem

Old 03-24-2012, 03:49 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,301,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
It's amazing how 80% of the Country is happy with their health care but virtually everyone i have asked about their health care either do not have any...(so they aren't even included in the people with health care polled) or they are extremely unhappy with the cost of their premiums or they have work based health cover but have to opt for the lowest cover as they cannot afford the higher better cover and they still pray that they don't get sick.
I have a friend who is a staunch Republican who goes to Puerto Rico for his dental treatment and has told me that he gets his medications for diabetes from Canada............ great system here huh????????????
Premiums have been going up and up and up here for years and if the affordable health care act is overturned then millions here will see their Premiums go up and up and up and up and their cover go down and down and down................... IDIOTS!
Do you want to know how many people I know that fit your above description?

Zero!

In my 45 years, I have never had conversations with family or friends who feel that this is a major issue facing America.

By the way Adele just left Boston a couple of months ago. She was here for treatment of a vocal chord malady of some kind. Ain't she a Brit?

Old 03-24-2012, 03:53 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,532,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Would the compassionate conservatives have something in place to help? Its nothing acquired, and its a kid? I'm sure his health care costs are enormous.

Would he not matter since he's outside a uterus?

A Boy Allergic to Food | Anderson Cooper - Yahoo! Shine
First, the Dems are the ones that would have aborted him if they could have.

Second, he'll fare WORSE under the Subversives for Obamacare because rationing is a must under that system and this kid won't have endless millions spent on him in a lifetime if he can't be milked for service to the coming tyranny. In other words, sounds like he isn't fit for BO's desired "Civilian Security Force" or the Military Draft that some idiot libs want, so this kids has a very questionable future under the libs, not the conservatives.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
As somebody already pointed out, the government runs health care for military people and for old people right now as they have for many years.
Military health care is substandard by civilian standards. I can't tell you how many military folks were misdiagnosed or messed up by military doctors, and a trip to a civilian hospital treated them in their first visit. Unless you got lucky with a good military doctor, if they could not fix you with Motrin or a pain pill, then they washed their hands of you and sent you to physical the therapy, gave you discharge papers, or sent you to see a shrink.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
First, the Dems are the ones that would have aborted him if they could have.

Second, he'll fare WORSE under the Subversives for Obamacare because rationing is a must under that system and this kid won't have endless millions spent on him in a lifetime if he can't be milked for service to the coming tyranny. In other words, sounds like he isn't fit for BO's desired "Civilian Security Force" or the Military Draft that some idiot libs want, so this kids has a very questionable future under the libs, not the conservatives.
Cuz like Sebelius says, less children in the world equals lower health care for the living.

“The reduction in the number of pregnancies compensates for the cost of contraception,” Sebelius said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies