Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Like I said, it is the fanatics and extremists that want this.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW THE FIGHT STARTED

BOTTOM LINE

EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T START THE FIGHT, YOU CANNOT POUND SOMEONES HEAD INTO PAVEMENT AND COMMIT FELONY ASSAULT....

They have the right to self defense in that situation....
Pounded head into pavement= medical report for treatment, evaluation for possible concussion, no?

If Zimmerman's head was being pounded into the pavement, how did he manage to reach his holster for his gun?

Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Best post I have seen so far

Quote:
The Facts as I know them:

Fact 1) You have an over zealous do gooder - not illegal.

Fact 2) Zimmerman is carrying a gun - in his case not illegal.

Fact 3) He suspects someone to be up to no good - not illegal. This is based on past and simlilar crimes in his neigborhood or racism - the former more likely. The latter will be hard to prove and seems unlikely.

Fact 4) He calls 911 and disregards the dispatchers advice not to follow Treyvon and follows him so he does not get away before the police arrive - stupid but not illegal. This seem obvious by the 911 call when Zimmerman said 'they always get away with this.' The 'they' seems to be a reference to the past criminal activity not black people per-se.

Fact 5) He confronts Treyvon to question him and/or detain him until police arrive - confronting him and asking him questions is not illegal - detaining him and holding him when no crime has been committed is illegal. THIS IS WHERE WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. As such there is no proof of criminal activity on Zimmereman's part to this point.

If Teyvon thought he was in danger he might have attacked Zimmerman or was pissed that he was being questioned and trying to be detained and attacked Zimmerman. Once again no one knows.

Fact 6) Zimmerman was getting beat-up by Treyvon and felt his life was in danger and shot and killed Treyvon - not illegal.

These are the facts - as such no arrest was made - only questioning.

Zimmerman's questioning did not result in contradicting those facts.

As further investigation goes forward Zimmerman may be arrested and if so the most I see him being convicted of is manslaughter not Pre-meditated murder, assasination, hate crime, etc. etc.

Most likely he may have to deal with civil liability for his stupidity and negligence.

As to all the racial and political rhetoric - pure BS - this is almost as tragic as Treyvon's death and might turn out to be more so after the investigation is done.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Is that the law that you cannot follow someone with a legal concealed weapons permit? The gun is legally allowed. And I think you can legally follow someone. Correct me if I'm wrong.
We've already established that a. you can have a concealed weapon in Fl and b. you can legally follow anyone.

But when a and b is true, and you're told by authorities to stop following the person and the pursued ends up dead, you cannot claim self-defense.

Really doesn't get any clearer than that.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
No it doesn't actually.

EVEN IF you are defending yourself (IE YOU DIDNT START IT) , You cannot beat someone to a pulp. This is felony assault.
No one was beaten to a pulp. Stop the dramatics.

Don't you think that if Zimmerman was bloodied and beaten, they would've taken photos? Wouldn't there be a medical report? If Zimmerman had been beaten to a pulp, his attorney would be taken full advantage with photos, medical reports, etc.

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
I believe everyone should be ashamed at their conduct. Inciting violence is not the way to go. Unfortuantly I don't think this situation will end well, I pray everynight for peace and cooler heads to prevail

George Zimmerman deserves a trial by a jury of his peers in a court of law ... not a monkey trial by an angry mob riled up by Jesse Jackass and the New Black Panthers.

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Do you condone or condemn this? If the situation was reversed, and the KKK put a bounty on a black man with white celebrities donating, would you feel the same?
No one would have ever heard of this obscure New Black Panther Party if the rightwing blogosphere didn't have such a hard-on for them. I'm sure they appreciate the free press though...

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do we know if Trayvon was defending himself or not? Or whether Zimmerman pulled his gun first.
How could Zimmerman pull his pistol from the front of his pants as Trayvon was sitting on him?
Were i pounding someone while being on top i assure you they would be missing some teeth etc.

Is there any evidence as to how many punches Trayvon threw?

I question how Zimmerman was able to chamber the gun and pull the trigger with Trayvon on top of him, or maybe it was already chambered.

Your ability to do massive damage to someone doesn't directly correlate to anyone elses ability to do the same damage. People move, people block, some can fight, some can't.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
"...until the facts come out"

Here's what we know. A gun-toting civilian adult tracked and confronted a law-abiding unarmed kid walking home from the store. If a strange man not of law enforcement were following you at night through your neighborhood with a gun in hand, how would you react?
Folks here would have you believe that you are to go quietly with the nice young man.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Trayvon was visiting his father. He was not a stranger to that neighborhood, even if he didn't live there. Isn't his father black?
Again his father does not live there. He wasn't merely visiting his father, he was suspended from school a third time and this was his father intervening in the young man's life before he became yet another statistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies