Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
It could be manslaughter or it could be 2nd degree homocide. I could see it going either way. In Florida it doesn't matter as both carry up to 30 years and I suspect if Zimmerman is convicted he will end up with at least 1/2 that because of all the anger and public outcry about this. I think he knows he is going to probably be indicted and possibly charged with a Federal hate crime as well when they figure out if he said "goon" or "coon" on that 911 tape. That is why he has that stupid rent-a-negro out there on TV crusading for him until he credibility was shot to hell today by Lawrence O'Donnell.
Joe Oliver
Fla also has a " stand your ground law"

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
- Chapter 0776 - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,811 times
The Nut Jobs just can't contain themselves!

Sheila Jackson Lee On Zimmerman Injuries: 'You Can Break Your Nose On A Door'

Quote:
The issue of what happened between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman remains a giant question mark, and while many people have called for Zimmerman’s arrest, few have conclusively stated that he must be guilty of murder. Except, that is, for people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the New Black Panther Party and now, Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. And Lee goes a step further, speculating that the injuries Zimmerman sustained on the night in question could have been self-inflicted
You libs may not like the source but .. The video is there and speaks for itself!

Breitbart TV

Last edited by MrClose; 03-28-2012 at 08:16 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Good points all. Shooting a guy in the chest who is right on top of you would probably suggest that you would have a lot of the victim's blood on you. Mostly because it is more than likely that the body would have fallen on you,
It is too bad Florida last year extended secrecy to autopsy photos. I would like to see where the bullet entered his body, the trajectory it took and what organs it hit. This would tell us quite a lot about the position of the shooter and from what distance he fired.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do we know at what point in the process this is? Had been cleaned up?

To Kill A Mockingbird presents a good reason to ask "is it not possible?"
He was allegedly treated by paramedics before arriving at the police station. A back of the head laceration would require some kind of bandage, wrap, stitching etc. of which none is evident in the video.

Keep quoting fiction. I prefer fact which this video CLEARLY shows.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Media Matters did not acknowledge it. Not true!!
<SNIP>
Edit: If you feel I am wrong, please go to the Media Matters web site and show me where they said any of the photos you claim are Martin are legitimate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.theblaze.com/stories/media-matters-apologizes-to-drudge-over-trayvon-martin-tweet/
“Racist demagogue Drudge continues to run photo of some kid, not Trayvon for incitement purposes,” MJ Rosenberg initially tweeted at 10:56 a.m. ET, after drudgereport.com and other media sites posted a photo of Martin sporting a tank top, looking noticeably older and bigger than he appears in a photograph widely carried by media outlets that have reported on the story. Rosenberg followed that posting by retweeting a message saying, “Matt Drudge has done more to debase American news coverage than anyone in history of country.”

But he was tweeting a different tune at 1:03 p.m., when he wrote, “Mixed up Drudge photo of Trayvon w Michelle Malkin’s. Malkin’s is an admitted fake. Drudge? Don’t know. Sorry.” That tweet was immediately followed by another saying, “Malkin apologized for fake #Trayvon photo. I apologize for mixing up her photo with one Drudge used.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
IF you are being beating while a person is on top of you, explain how you pull out your gun (because it has to be concealed since the person doesn't know the gun is there), take off the safety (which if it's hidden, I'm assuming you would have the safety on so you don't shoot yourself), **** it, aim and fire, all while your head is being pounded into the ground almost to the point of being unconscious. That's some superhuman work right there.
You obviously have no experience with guns. Most people that carry concealed, do so in a holster, which guards the trigger. As long as the trigger isn't depressed, the gun will not fire, regardless of whether the safety is on or not. As a matter of fact, many semiautomatic handguns and most revolvers have no safety at all. Also, unless it is a 1911, you don't have to c o c k it. Simply pull, aim, and squeeze. Easily done with one hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
I am just not believing the story that he came up behind Zimmerman and attacked him. The fact that Zimmerman has been in hiding since it happened speaks volumes to me. If he was so innocent he would be standing his ground and fighting back!
Maybe he is hiding because he has received numerous death threats and has a price on his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Using the same rational, the media use fear and intrigue whenever a White female or Child goes missing, however the same attention is not given when a minority female or child goes missing.
USATODAY.com - Officials: Missing N.J. boys suffocated, no foul play
This one came to my mind immediately, since I lived close to where these boys lived and was familiar with the area where the tragedy occurred. God bless their souls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I would convict Zimmerman simply on the fact that he was told not to follow the kid by the 911 operator...that he was stalking him like prey.
He was not TOLD to not follow. After he said that he was following, the dispatcher said "you don't NEED to do that". One is a command, the other one is a suggestion.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
A conspiracy doesn't need to be premeditated... educate yourself... Trayvon Martin isn't testifying, he is dead... now you claim to know what Trayvon Martin is thinking... please change your name... unless its suppose to by an oxymoron...

I am not fantasizing anything and I am a minority... so that statement makes you look like an idiot about Jim Crow... I didn't claim anything, the Sanford PD did and Zimmerman's testimony supports it... you want to second guess what you know nothing about... we'll wait... and you can go rah-rah your racism where there was none...

Yeah...you have a comprehension issue. I know what a conspiracy is and I CLEARLY stated that I don't think there was a premeditated conspiracy to murder Trayvon. What part of that don't you understand? Was there one after he was murdered, looks that way to me. I don't have to change my name and your suits you very well by the way. Not sure why a video of Zimmerman with NO BRUISES OR BLOOD is getting your panties in a wad. Zimmerman and the Sanford PD have nothing but words...Again, we'll see what happens. I never said anything about what Trayvon was thinking...if you think I did, quote it. You really need to work on that comprehension issue.

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
The video is damning, but he could have had a Boo Boo.

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Exactly right, newtoli. The EMTs would have wiped Zimmerman's wounds with Betadine solution, which leaves dark orange stains. They DO NOT
wash your little face and hands. How many have seen a gunshot wound to the chest, as Trayvon allegedly had? Your heart and lungs are there; there would be a great deal of blood on Zimmerman if he shot Martin at close range, as he claimed.
Now you know what every EMT does in every situation in America... congratulations, you just made yourself look real smart... Have you ever used Betadine? Its not dark orange stain... it is easily cleaned... after cleaning it tends to be a light yellow stain and on someone with darker skin, it would be hard to tell... have you seen betadine on a low resolution camera on a person with darker skin? Have you ever shot someone in the chest at close range? Do you know the splatter pattern from a low velocity pistol versus a high velocity rifle? Yet you claim to know all this and post it because... well it makes good argument against what you just said...

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do we know at what point in the process this is? Had been cleaned up?

To Kill A Mockingbird presents a good reason to ask "is it not possible?"
Exactly. Since he's at the police station, this video was taken AFTER the incident, AFTER he'd been looked at by the EMTs, AFTER he'd been cleaned up.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:13 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Don't know if you know it but words are evidence... and if there is nothing to contradict it, then it is true by any other measurement... get a clue..
The other guy is dead genius and video destroys words. I can tell C-D I was with your mother last night but if you have video of her playing dominoes with the neighbors my words are destroyed. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies