Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or pro-death?
Pro-life 70 44.30%
Pro-death 66 41.77%
No opinion 22 13.92%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,224,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Wow, what drivel.
It's not a baby until it's born, or viable.
Are there really millions of born humans killed? Who is doing that?
Well, maybe the GOP wants to murder those already born with lack of access to health care and education and necessary support structure that provides a safe place to be raised.

Steve, don't want an abortion, don't have one.
Pretty simple.
Easy to be a women are evil and murderers person on the internet, isn't it.
Or do you stand on street corners with (lying about the age) photos of fetii scaring little kids and yelling that women are evil?
Is that you?
Are you for real?

Baby's have been known to live outside the womb at 24 weeks. Yet, in many states, one can murder these children.

This is not a baby (at 7 months)? This is legal to murder in some states.

http://montanaprolifecoalition.org/i...26%20weeks.jpg

Really? Not a baby?

Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,180,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
The real question should be, Can you be pro-life and pro-war without contradicting yourself?
Absolutely not.

Repugs LOVE to forget how many babies and pregnant women are blown apart in wars that they support.

But one anti-choice poster said war was OK to kill babies because it kept HER safe..... ( and it was in another country so it didn't matter but she didn't include that important fact)

Old 03-29-2012, 05:50 AM

566 posts, read 959,456 times
I picked pro-death. If an "accident" happened and you're not in a position to take care of a kid, or simply don't want one, get rid of it. There's no point in making your life and the kids life miserable because you didn't want the kid in the first place.

Also, babies that are aborted aren't even real people yet in my book. One needs to actually be born (not something the size of a pea floating around in a woman's stomach).

Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,674,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
The question is, can you be pro-life and pro-death penalty without contradicting yourself?
you can also flip that around and be anti death penalty and pro choice and consider that a bit contradicting... i lean that way a little.. just a little.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,399,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Except it does not discourage ****.
A theory. Conversely, I believe that it can possibly discourage women from getting an abortion. Do you not get the idea of the ultrasound? It's to make the woman come face to face with what she's about to kill. Arguably (Ok? It's all arguable), it's easier to get rid of something you can pretend is just some rumbling in your stomach than a being that's beginning to look a whole lot like a baby. Same with counseling. I think it could do no harm, and perhaps some good, to make that one final effort to promote the thoughts I started posting on here with... which (reading ahead) I can see I'm going to have to reiterate for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
And there is nothing serious about an abortion, it's a mild medical procedure to remove a parasite.
This is an absurd evasion of the truth. I'm sure we've been over this before. But in the off chance you've come up with a sensible answer, I'll ask again:

What is the fundamental difference between the being that a fetus is and the being that a newborn is? Dependence on the womb changes nothing about the inner workings, the neurological activity, or heartbeat of this "parasite". It's the same exact being when it's born than it was in the womb. All that changes is how they get their food and oxygen. So what specific event transforms this "thing" into a human being at birth?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
This is not a baby (at 7 months)? This is legal to murder in some states.

Really? Not a baby?
It's crazy how people think (or choose not to, in this case). The picture you posted is of a being that possesses all the signs of life, and practically every single characteristic of a newborn baby. Yet, because it has to be fed through an umbilical cord (not unlike people in the hospital who must be fed intravenously, btw), it's believed to be an entirely different organism!

Just, they have some very odd "reasoning" going on there...

Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,586,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
A theory. Conversely, I believe that it can possibly discourage women from getting an abortion.
Yippee! Yay, you win, so the women is emotionally blackmailed into not getting an abortion. Now what? The conditions that existed beforehand are still in place. The reason for her seeking out an abortion haven't changed. All you have done is manipulated her emotions, you have done absolutely nothing to help her with an unplanned pregnancy.

This logic that women take the decision to seek an abortion lightly are offensive to women who have considered all their options, and concluded this is the best one.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,240,655 times
When women have abortions* Eighty-eight percent of abortions occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, 2006.

Guttmacher.org.

Yep, there are a lot of those last trimester abortions.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yippee! Yay, you win, so the women is emotionally blackmailed into not getting an abortion. Now what? The conditions that existed beforehand are still in place. The reason for her seeking out an abortion haven't changed. All you have done is manipulated her emotions, you have done absolutely nothing to help her with an unplanned pregnancy.

This logic that women take the decision to seek an abortion lightly are offensive to women who have considered all their options, and concluded this is the best one.
If they've already considered every aspect of all their options, then neither the ultrasound nor the counseling will change their mind and YOU "win". If they do change their mind after seeing the ultrasound and a brief counseling session (like I said, it shouldn't delay the abortion more than a day), then apparently she wasn't sure of it at all.

And what do you mean, nothing has been done to help her with an unplanned pregnancy? Counseling and training while in the hospital, family members and friends, financial aid, food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, parenting hotlines, doctor's offices that be called for the simplest of questions. Are these all figments of my imagination?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,180,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
A theory. Conversely, I believe that it can possibly discourage women from getting an abortion. Do you not get the idea of the ultrasound? It's to make the woman come face to face with what she's about to kill. Arguably (Ok? It's all arguable), it's easier to get rid of something you can pretend is just some rumbling in your stomach than a being that's beginning to look a whole lot like a baby. Same with counseling. I think it could do no harm, and perhaps some good, to make that one final effort to promote the thoughts I started posting on here with... which (reading ahead) I can see I'm going to have to reiterate for you...

This is an absurd evasion of the truth. I'm sure we've been over this before. But in the off chance you've come up with a sensible answer, I'll ask again:

What is the fundamental difference between the being that a fetus is and the being that a newborn is? Dependence on the womb changes nothing about the inner workings, the neurological activity, or heartbeat of this "parasite". It's the same exact being when it's born than it was in the womb. All that changes is how they get their food and oxygen. So what specific event transforms this "thing" into a human being at birth?
"I think it could do no harm"

HOW do YOU know it won't do harm?

Even if it didn't, the HARM comes from BIGREPUBLICANGOVERNMENT coming between an American citizen and their right to Liberty and Freedom and keeping medical decisions private.

The HARM comes from viewing women as so feeble minded that they can't think for themselves....HINT: Women KNOW what pregnant means even if YOU think they're too stupid....YOUR opinion doesn't count, it's erroneous..

FORCING medical procedues on patients is wrong (unless you support the forced medical procedures of Nazi Germany????).

HOW do YOU know what position the woman is in and what harm it would cause to have the baby? You don't, YOU are not god, or The Supreme Ruler.....and thank goodness we don't have one yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies