Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or pro-death?
Pro-life 70 44.30%
Pro-death 66 41.77%
No opinion 22 13.92%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If they didn't want the child then why did they create it in the first place?
Birth control failure, teens with raging hormones, were never taught about BC, they are young, and still think they are invincible....

I'm sure every time anyone has sex they are thinking " I'm going to create a child"
If you don't approve of abortion, do not have one.
Otherwise mind your own business.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It's not that men don't want to take care of their kids. The mothers purposely keep the fathers out of their children's lives.
Find the best attorney you can find and take her to court, men actually do have rights under the law but sometimes, as with women, they have to fight for them.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:52 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,788,992 times
Quote:
Exactly - and if the baby was the result of consensual sex - the potential parents knew that they were poor at the time they had sex and that they would not be able to support a child if the woman got pregnant. The abortion should have taken place right then - through abstinence. Have you never heard of personal responsibility?

If "Planned Parenthood" really wanted to promote planned parenthood - they would advocate that people practice abstinence if they aren't ready to bring a child into the world. There are planned pregnancies all the time - the people who produced those pregnancies were ready and capable to support a child. They didn't have an "accident" and then decide to throw the "accident" away because it was inconvenient. Producing a child through consensual sex and then killing that life because allowing it to live is inconvenient is the ultimate in irresponsibilty and selfishness.
So...poor people shouldn't be allowed to have sex?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,042,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thanks, I actually agree with that, if men father children then they should raise and support them.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
With the exception of the case of rape - the woman always has the ability to make up her own mind about whether or not she has a child - pregnancies are not "accidents" - they always result because of a certain action. But you don't want to talk about that, do you?
Untrue. The pill is not 100% effective, condoms are not 100% effective and even women that have had their tubes tied have later become pregnant. Do more research before making blanket statements such as that.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,346,973 times
Only live things go in and only dead things come out!

16,711 posts, read 15,716,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Who says I wouldn't want taxpayers (including me) to pay for it? Generally, people are more willing to pay for things they want or believe in; that's how it works

And my opinion is worth considering to those with the ability. You think I'm wrong on some point here? Explain. Otherwise, it is your opinion that is groundless and therefore, not worth considering.
No, not taxpayers. You offer to pay for a few hundred out of your own pocket. After all, you said it was worth doing. I didn't state an opinion. I just challenged you to back yours up, which you failed to do.

258 posts, read 160,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Untrue. The pill is not 100% effective, condoms are not 100% effective and even women that have had their tubes tied have later become pregnant. Do more research before making blanket statements such as that.
Nuts, i can't give you rep' but well said.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
Exactly - and if the baby was the result of consensual sex - the potential parents knew that they were poor at the time they had sex and that they would not be able to support a child if the woman got pregnant. The abortion should have taken place right then - through abstinence. Have you never heard of personal responsibility?

If "Planned Parenthood" really wanted to promote planned parenthood - they would advocate that people practice abstinence if they aren't ready to bring a child into the world. There are planned pregnancies all the time - the people who produced those pregnancies were ready and capable to support a child. They didn't have an "accident" and then decide to throw the "accident" away because it was inconvenient. Producing a child through consensual sex and then killing that life because allowing it to live is inconvenient is the ultimate in irresponsibilty and selfishness.
I know you just want to punish women for having enjoyable sex(jealous) but YOU can't change human nature....humans have had sex since the begining of humans and will continue to do so....

And it IS responsible to have an abortion if you don't want to have a baby.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,174,137 times
Quote:
Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or are you pro-death?
Unfair op. Having said that I'm pro-life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies