Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 06:19 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
nope a person was defending themselves against a vicious attack from a violent thug
Too bad there is no yawning "smiley"...your silly and obviously biased posts warrent a huge yawn. Bo-ring.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:21 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
He forfeited that by giving the illusion he was a feral black thug with gangsta tendencies in a tranquil neighborhood where people don't dress like he did and attacked a innocent man. He put Zimmerman's life in danger giving him the only choice but to shoot him in order to save his life. Martin created suspicion and had to be investigated by Zimmerman to preserve the quality of life in the neighborhood.
Whatever drugs you're taking, Steve, please tell me so I don't take any. They rot your brain.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that this whole thing has been set up to distract from Obama?
It's a "birfer" tactic.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 PM

744 posts, read 812,430 times
I hope Zimmerman gets found not guilty so people will riot and I can get me some free air jordans to impress girls

Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Ed,

You previously said:

So, which is it? Are they prosecuting because of public outcry or probable cause? One of your positions cancel out the other.
Both I guess technically she feels she has enough to meet the constitutional standard for an arrest but in reality the motivation is political.

This case may never get to trial beyond the SYG judge.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
He forfeited that by giving the illusion he was a feral black thug with gangsta tendencies in a tranquil neighborhood where people don't dress like he did and attacked a innocent man. He put Zimmerman's life in danger giving him the only choice but to shoot him in order to save his life. Martin created suspicion and had to be investigated by Zimmerman to preserve the quality of life in the neighborhood.
You really are posting outrageous stuff. I hope you don't believe any of this.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:28 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Both I guess technically she feels she has enough to meet the constitutional standard for an arrest but in reality the motivation is political.

This case may never get to trial beyond the SYG judge.
Can't be both. They either had probable cause to arrest & charge or they didn't and are only doing this for political reasons/in response to public outcry.

You can't have it both ways.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
I can not believe how silly some of the post are.

Ms. Corey who is white and conservative stated there are evidence that shows Zimmerman is guilty of second degree murder that is not common knowledge.

What is so hard for people to understand.

For Zimmerman to go from manslater to walking to second degree murder is crazy. For people to still believe made up self defense claims is rediculous. And claim they have the facts. SMH!

Old 04-11-2012, 06:35 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
It is a sad day in America when an innocent man is charged with murder for defending himself against a criminal who was in the process of finding houses to break into. Very sad day indeed.
Without taking sides, even if Martin was a thief, a burglar caught with stolen property in his possession, you can't shoot him. There is no death penalty for burglary, and even there was, Zimmerman is not an executioner. Therefore, what Martin was planning to do is irrelevant. It is also irrelevant if he was a nice boy, or had been suspended from school, or if he spat on the sidewalk.
The only relevant question is if Zimmerman was fighting for his life, or not. That is a question only the court can answer.
On a sidenote - Zimmerman was armed, which makes me believe he prepared himself for an armed struggle, while Martin apparently didn't. What would have happened if Zimmerman was unarmed, remains an open question. Do you think he might had been seriously hurt or even killed in that struggle or, if he let Martin go, nobody would had been hurt?

Last edited by oberon_1; 04-11-2012 at 06:46 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Desperate for a way out, EdwardA. LOL! Get real! Fl deals with SYG all the time, and they know which cases qualify and which do not. As does the sponsor of the bill who already said this case does not qualify.

2nd degree was the best choice, as the life sentence will no doubt cause even a birdbrain like RZ to accept a plea for manslaughter, with significant, but less than a life term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies